Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378878 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: Sunday, August 27, 2023, 10:09:02 »

Why would they let him go on a free when he has two years left on his contract?!
Off the wage bill. Fell out with Hughes. A lot of their fans were surprised he got another league club - they were expecting him to drop down to the NL.

Don’t forget, when they recalled Doyle they soon realised he didn’t want to be there and it was causing problems in the dressing room. Young could insist on Swindon and not wanting to go elsewhere.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: Sunday, August 27, 2023, 10:09:23 »

Indeed, he changed his style at Newport when they got Twine on loan to focus the play around him, similar to how we are doing with Kemp so far.

Went on the piss with a few Hartlepool and Sunderland fans last season and hence posted about their thoughts about Kemp. Getting plenty of messages “told you so,” now which is great.
He really looks a decent player, equally Flynn playing him in the “hole” and roaming is adding to the effectiveness.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: Sunday, August 27, 2023, 10:28:50 »

[Off the wage bill. Fell out with Hughes. A lot of their fans were surprised he got another league club - they were expecting him to drop down to the NL..
there was also nothing in his stats to suggest he was capable of this! Hopefully we've put an affordable purchase clause in with his loan.

negative nelly: It'll be less of a risk for the club when we see how he's doing fine January. He can't keep being flawless!

one worry I have is Kemp is also key to young scoring (imo).. so we need both
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #1818 on: Sunday, August 27, 2023, 14:04:37 »

Weirdly though he did tell us that it was but circumstances always dictated the style of play due to the players he had
Yep as soon Newport sorted their pitch out he switched it up.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 09:58:50 »

I'm probably in a different mindset to a lot of fans, but I don't really subscribe to the negativity about Kemp and Young being recalled in January. Of course, their form, which is red hot makes it more likely that a recall for their parent club does happen. But it's August and therefore let's reap the benefits that the loans allow. Its natural that January has the potential to derail things, but you have to put faith in the recruitment team that all bases are covered. I look at the Eion Doyle situation and Bradford tried to shoe horn into their side and it backfired, I'm not sure they will do that again. At the moment I'm enjoying having them, and surely if they are enjoying their football here increases the liklihood we can sign them permanently at some stage.

In other squad news, I have a feeling Cain might be offloaded before the window slams shut this week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 10:01:08 »

I'm probably in a different mindset to a lot of fans, but I don't really subscribe to the negativity about Kemp and Young being recalled in January. Of course, their form, which is red hot makes it more likely that a recall for their parent club does happen. But it's August and therefore let's reap the benefits that the loans allow. Its natural that January has the potential to derail things, but you have to put faith in the recruitment team that all bases are covered. I look at the Eion Doyle situation and Bradford tried to shoe horn into their side and it backfired, I'm not sure they will do that again. At the moment I'm enjoying having them, and surely if they are enjoying their football here increases the liklihood we can sign them permanently at some stage.

In other squad news, I have a feeling Cain might be offloaded before the window slams shut this week.

Do you have info re Cain or just a feeling? Do you think he will go on a perm or be loaned out? I haven’t been too impressed with Cain since he joined.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 10:07:33 »

I’d be surprised if we let a midfield player leave, if we don’t have a replacement lined up.

Whilst the obvious first choice is Kemp plus two from McEachran, Khan & Kinsella, Just think we would be a little short with potential injuries & suspensions.

I guess if it were a loan with an option for an immediate recall
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 10:09:25 »

Do you have info re Cain or just a feeling? Do you think he will go on a perm or be loaned out? I haven’t been too impressed with Cain since he joined.

I wouldn't want to possibly be accused of being #ITK. Smiley

It's a bit of both, I've heard there might be a player we're trying to offload still and for me it's either Cain or Wakeling. With Cain not being in the squad at all on Saturday and him appearing in the boycott trophy suggests he's not in Flynn's plans.

You'd imagine we might try and offload him on a permanent, perhaps agent Lindsay may come into play now they have a Dominic Telford size hole on their budget? Maybe a small fee, around 50k or so could aid any Kemp/Young purchase.

Caveat - I'm only guessing the above, I'm not #ITK

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1823 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 10:10:52 »

Cain is the only real backup we have for Kemp in that 10 role (not that I’m completely sure that he’s adequate cover) so would need to see someone capable of playing there come in if he was to depart
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 10:20:28 »

Supposedly Cain is helping to keep Clayton happy... who knows. I think we need to keep him for now.

Arguably Shade could be the Kemp cover but he has blown lukewarm and ice-cold!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1825 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 10:58:58 »

Don’t think we should be getting rid of Cain unless it’s to MK as part of a deal for Kemp.

Otherwise we’ll be short in midfield come January.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1826 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 16:44:27 »

Speaking about both Young and Kemp, Flynn went in-depth about how they conducted their transfer business and what may be in store for the future.

“I can’t give any assurances to the fans because it’s out of our hands. We did what we could to get the players in (permanently) in the first instance.

“They are both on season-long loans. There is a small break clause in both, but it is only a small one.

“Now, unless they’re going to go back and play at their clubs or somebody puts in a ridiculous offer for one of them that the other club can’t turn down, I’d like to think – in good faith – that they’ll be here for the duration of the season.

“We’ve tried to sign Dan Kemp on a permanent basis, but Franchise hold the cards there.

“Jake is a player I like. I’ve got a good relationship with Ryan Sparks at Bradford City, and it was us two who connected and got the deal over the line. They like Jake there, but they just wanted him to play regular football. They felt that he would have an opportunity to do that with us having a small squad.

“I really don’t know (how likely it is they sign permanently). It’s going to be a bit more difficult with Jake, especially if he keeps scoring like this.”
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1827 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 16:55:00 »

Speaking about both Young and Kemp, Flynn went in-depth about how they conducted their transfer business and what may be in store for the future.

“I can’t give any assurances to the fans because it’s out of our hands. We did what we could to get the players in (permanently) in the first instance.

“They are both on season-long loans. There is a small break clause in both, but it is only a small one.

“Now, unless they’re going to go back and play at their clubs or somebody puts in a ridiculous offer for one of them that the other club can’t turn down, I’d like to think – in good faith – that they’ll be here for the duration of the season.

“We’ve tried to sign Dan Kemp on a permanent basis, but Franchise hold the cards there.

“Jake is a player I like. I’ve got a good relationship with Ryan Sparks at Bradford City, and it was us two who connected and got the deal over the line. They like Jake there, but they just wanted him to play regular football. They felt that he would have an opportunity to do that with us having a small squad.

“I really don’t know (how likely it is they sign permanently). It’s going to be a bit more difficult with Jake, especially if he keeps scoring like this.”

That seems to eradicate the "fee already agreed" rumour

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 17:11:15 »

That seems to eradicate the "fee already agreed" rumour
Indeed... Doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1829 on: Monday, August 28, 2023, 17:18:59 »

7 2 off suit methinks.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: