Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378872 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:06:04 »

Unlikely, several Championship teams after him as well as Peterborough who have apparently made a bid already for him. £500k+

I'm assuming you mean Tchamadeu? Yeah I (and DIV I'm guessing) absolutely wasn't completely serious about it in real terms.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:15:37 »

Williams sounds like he is leaving according to Morris presser
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:24:01 »

Presser sounds a bit more positive overall though, McEachran and RHM extension option which we will activate. Same for Brewitt. He also said that he sees no reason why Austin wouldn't stay. Squad going in a lot bigger than it normally does in the summer!
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:27:11 »

No great surprise, at the stage of his career I am sure feels he should be plying his trade at a higher level, although will probably end up at Wrexham!

Even though he has reached 10 goals for the season, I have largely been underwhelmed by his overall performances. Maybe it's the fact that he has been a seasoned international player, ive always felt he should have produced more for us. Never doubted his effort though.

Will not be dissappointed as long as we replace him with a similarly experienced player with greater physicality.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:30:56 »

Definitely have to get some ‘beef’ in midfield. If that means replacing Williams to fit him in, so be it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:31:50 »

Bugger. But no surprise.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:33:37 »

Presser sounds a bit more positive overall though, McEachran and RHM extension option which we will activate. Same for Brewitt. He also said that he sees no reason why Austin wouldn't stay. Squad going in a lot bigger than it normally does in the summer!

We have done well considering that according to Morris in his presser at the back end of last week, the club hadn't spoken to anyone bar Brewitt. It's almost like his comments change like the wind to suit him.  Wink Cheesy

No great surprise, at the stage of his career I am sure feels he should be plying his trade at a higher level, although will probably end up at Wrexham!

Wrexham keeps coming up, albeit not sure what based upon as he is as Welsh as me and lives miles from north Wales.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:45:52 »

Yeah, Williams won't be here next season. He's been a decent servant and 10 goals from midfield as well as a call up to the Wales World Cup squad isn't to be sniffed at. His goal against Bradford was classic Willo, a timed run to perfection and a brave header. He can leave with his head held high.

I suspect he'll be pulling on the red of Wrexham next season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:37:25 »

Thought it was time for another crack at my preferred squad for next year based off recent performances.

Keep:

Ward
Brann - Get him out on a loan

Lavinier
Brewitt
Clayton
Minturn - Get him out on a National league loan
FBT
Devine - If he can't prove fitness in preseason then ship him out
Tomlinson - Really worry about his fitness but maybe worth a punt as he is so versatile and a good character

McEachran
Cain
Khan
Darcy

Jephcott
RHM
Wakeling

Sell:

Hutton - Defensively dire and that's his job. Bored of his emojis. If someone offers over £100k + sell on snap their hand off.
Harries - Garbage. Get rid
Iandolo - Time to part ways. If Crawley want to pay then terrific.
Shade - Looks so disinterested and makes terrible decisions
Aguiar - Morris doesn't fancy him so get rid
Adeloye - Garbage. Get rid
Roberts - Morris doesn't fancy him so get rid

Release:

Baudry - Thanks for the memories. Not so much for the medical bills
Williams - Seemingly off and we wish him well
Austin - Just don't think he is worth the wages on recent performances sadly

On that basis the key shopping list is:

1 x GK, 1 x RB, 2 x CB, 2 x DM, 1 x AM, 1 x Winger, 1 x Target Man

That gives a squad of 25 plus some yoof in Dworzak, Brown etc.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:56:21 »

I really can’t fathom why anyone would want to keep Brewitt and Darcy. Neither are good enough for a side after promotion in my opinion.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 09:59:23 »

I really can’t fathom why anyone would want to keep Brewitt and Darcy. Neither are good enough for a side after promotion in my opinion.

Brewitt is fine as a back up L2 squad player who probably isn't on a massive wage, plus he's likely under contract having triggered an extension.
Darcy is under contract and has shown flashes. Again, a reasonable L2 bench option in the right game.

I'm not for a moment suggesting either should be starting players.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 10:42:25 »

Jephcott is on loan and surely isn't worth keeping.

Austin is a big asset in this league but not with the piss poor midfield we have.  Probably needs to play in a 2 with a willing power/pace man or in a 3 with a couple of forwards willing to drive into the box to support.

All of our forwards have struggled for service this year, we're just a bit too shit.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:07:09 »

Jephcott is definitely worth keeping in my opinion. As you say,he's not had either great service or an extended run in the side but his goal return from starts is decent I reckon. Don't think we could get a much better proven goalscorer. Just my opinion of course

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 11:16:53 »

Jephcott is on loan and surely isn't worth keeping.

Austin is a big asset in this league but not with the piss poor midfield we have.  Probably needs to play in a 2 with a willing power/pace man or in a 3 with a couple of forwards willing to drive into the box to support.

All of our forwards have struggled for service this year, we're just a bit too shit.

You could say the same for Jephcott that you say for Austin, obviously different scale but also a completely different age.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 12:17:21 »

Jephcott is definitely worth keeping in my opinion. As you say,he's not had either great service or an extended run in the side but his goal return from starts is decent I reckon. Don't think we could get a much better proven goalscorer. Just my opinion of course

Given we do have a better goal scorer already here, I'd suggest we keep that player out of the two, if we can.

Jephcott requires a team to be built a particular way to get the best out of him, too restrictive for where we are in terms of squad.  Plus you also have Wakeling, who looks much better down the middle and seems worth investing more time and effort in, plus is in contract.  The focus should be on attacking wide talent, where we have nobody.  RHM is worth having around, but I can't determine if he is a through the middle or down the wing player.  Think that maybe because he missed several years as a youngster to develop his game.  I actually think he is what he is now - this is his best, he actually much older than you expect him to be given how raw he can look.  So he is a third option - which leaves little space for another down the middle player in a similar mold like Jephcott (similar mold in terms of being central only, needing a certain type of service).

I'd let Jephcott go and see if Adeloye, Shade, Roberts and Massey (is he alive?) can follow.  That is five forward thinking players holding up squad spaces without giving us anything remotely different or first team worthy vs. the other three.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: