Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 211   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 378863 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 20:37:55 »

That's eight midfielders under contract already for next season, nine if you include McEachran's option - Iandolo, Darcy, Cain (25), Aguiar (25), Khan, Roberts, Shade, Dworzak (25).

Gotta think we'd be trying to shift at least two of those in summer if not more. Lots of the same sort of player in that.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 21:26:14 »

That's eight midfielders under contract already for next season, nine if you include McEachran's option - Iandolo, Darcy, Cain (25), Aguiar (25), Khan, Roberts, Shade, Dworzak (25).

Gotta think we'd be trying to shift at least two of those in summer if not more. Lots of the same sort of player in that.

I reckon Ian, Aguiar, Roberts and Shade get moved on.
Leaves Darcy, Cain, Khanm Dworzak + McEachran option.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 23:15:23 »

I reckon Ian, Aguiar, Roberts and Shade get moved on.
Leaves Darcy, Cain, Khanm Dworzak + McEachran option.

Wouldn't keep Darcy either, offers us very little. Midfield is an area where we need some extra physicality and experience - much like the rest of the team. Technically Shade and Roberts are front 3 options as opposed to midfield, but agree wouldn't  keep either of them, based on performances this season. There is an argument, based on heading ability, experience and versatility, for keeping Iandolo.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 12:07:17 »

darcy offers nothing at this level
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 12:11:13 »

Says alot about our recruitment that I wouldn’t be bothered if every single one of them left.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 13:19:25 »

Wouldn't keep Darcy either, offers us very little. Midfield is an area where we need some extra physicality and experience - much like the rest of the team. Technically Shade and Roberts are front 3 options as opposed to midfield, but agree wouldn't  keep either of them, based on performances this season. There is an argument, based on heading ability, experience and versatility, for keeping Iandolo.

Ahh, I wasn't saying that's who I would keep, rather who I think will be retained.

I agree that for all his faults, Ian does come in as a somewhat valuable utility player in League Two. Best as an off the bench or fill in when need be. Basically a utility squad player but not someone you should rely on as a starter in every match. He's like an option three utility player but I feel like Darcy is in a similar situation too. So it'd be a matter of choosing to either keep one or bin both.

Think Darcy poss has a bit more longevity and should get a little bit better. Think he still needs to know his real position; a difficulty that Ian has also had. He's still fairly raw but I think there is a smidge of a player in there - if only at League Two level. Again, much like Ian but Ian does have the benefit of actually showing improvement when Town were in League One, it's at this level he seems to struggle. Maybe it's the physicality but there's not much difference between the divisions when you have Barrow in League Two and Accrington, fucking Accrington and Morecambe in League One... although it looks like those two will be joining us next season.

Which is interesting because the teams coming down are shitter than those going up. FVR, Morecambe, Accrington and one of the Uni's looks likely. Only Oxford would be difficult out of them. Coming up from the NL is stronger in Wrexham and poss Notts County than the two leaving, in Rochdale and hopefully Crawley. Would love to see Chesterfield come back up. Both of those should be in the Football League. But overall, I think that still means a slightly weaker basement division next season, even if Wrexham and Notts County do come up.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: Sunday, April 23, 2023, 19:24:53 »

Jacob Wakeling lost out to Junior Tchamadeu in the EFL league 2 young player of the year award.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1357 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:03:58 »

Jacob Wakeling lost out to Junior Tchamadeu in the EFL league 2 young player of the year award.
That Joey Jo-Jo Shabadoo is going to be one hell of a player.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:41:17 »

Decent player to be fair.
Wouldn’t say no to him here.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:47:37 »

Decent player to be fair.
Wouldn’t say no to him here.

Maybe when we flog Hutton to Peterborough we can look to get Tchamadeu in.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:54:18 »

…better yet, get him in and try pushing Hutton forward.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 09:55:14 »

…better yet, get him in and try pushing Hutton forward.

Great in theory, but I don't think we have the necessary finances for that, sadly.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1362 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:00:55 »

Unlikely, several Championship teams after him as well as Peterborough who have apparently made a bid already for him. £500k+

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:01:47 »

Said it would good, didn’t say it was likely!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: Monday, April 24, 2023, 10:03:34 »

Unlikely, several Championship teams after him as well as Peterborough who have apparently made a bid already for him. £500k+
Where did you hear that?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 211   Go Up
Print
Jump to: