Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50111 times)
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, August 4, 2013, 21:20:36 »

........fact
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 08:02:15 »

Quick thoughts as reading through this thread this morning it has been well summed up by others.

Unlucky not to earn a point. Each team hit the woodwork once and they took their single other chance. Other than that thought we had far the better of the play, with some really nice interplay considering how little time these players have had together.

Standout performances for me were Luongo and Reis. Was impressed with Massimo last season but seems to have stepped up again and revelled in the deeper role, bossed it and it will be him rather than the experienced Harley who makes us tick this season. Those pining for Ferry may find we have a better replacement already.

Reis I didn't know what to expect, and although he'll need a half dozen games to get fully match fit showed flashes of what he can do. Has that knack of finding space when seemingly boxed in, as one lovely move in the first half where he beat 2 defenders to get into the area showed.

Pritchard also demonstrated in patches why he's so well thought of, although got himself in trouble a few times by trying to do too much. Will work out what he can get away with soon enough no doubt.

Thought the stick Williams got was a bit unfair, didn't have a great game but hardly had an opportunity - not a position that plays to his strengths though unfortunately. If we had Posh's big CF I'd fancy our chances a lot more.

Very encouraging first showing, and abated some of my fears that we would struggle physically. The midfield boys more than held their own, and Ward and Hall coped well at set pieces.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 10:15:40 »

Seems its not just us freezing out the high earners, Wolves are doing something similar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23573774

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 10:35:02 »

... _ _ _ ...
Filled with remorse?
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:12:44 »

Quick thoughts as reading through this thread this morning it has been well summed up by others.

Unlucky not to earn a point. Each team hit the woodwork once and they took their single other chance. Other than that thought we had far the better of the play, with some really nice interplay considering how little time these players have had together.

Standout performances for me were Luongo and Reis. Was impressed with Massimo last season but seems to have stepped up again and revelled in the deeper role, bossed it and it will be him rather than the experienced Harley who makes us tick this season. Those pining for Ferry may find we have a better replacement already.

Reis I didn't know what to expect, and although he'll need a half dozen games to get fully match fit showed flashes of what he can do. Has that knack of finding space when seemingly boxed in, as one lovely move in the first half where he beat 2 defenders to get into the area showed.

Pritchard also demonstrated in patches why he's so well thought of, although got himself in trouble a few times by trying to do too much. Will work out what he can get away with soon enough no doubt.

Thought the stick Williams got was a bit unfair, didn't have a great game but hardly had an opportunity - not a position that plays to his strengths though unfortunately. If we had Posh's big CF I'd fancy our chances a lot more.

Very encouraging first showing, and abated some of my fears that we would struggle physically. The midfield boys more than held their own, and Ward and Hall coped well at set pieces.

Enjoyed reading that. Good post.

Sounds like all we really need atm is a decent striker.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:30:14 »

I never really rated him, but at times on Saturday we would have been far better served by A. Rooney as our lone striker. Shame about his wages.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #261 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:35:28 »

Leon Clarke has been told he can leave Coventry on a free.........

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:38:40 »

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:42:32 »

Scores goals wherever he goes though (apart from Swindon of course - not that he got much of a chance)

I wonder if we might be able to do some sort of player exchange deal with Crawley with L Rooney going there and Alexander coming to us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #264 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:42:33 »

I know its a bit with the tongue pressed firmly in cheek but he is exactly the type of player that we need in that lone striker role.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:43:19 »

I never really rated him, but at times on Saturday we would have been far better served by A. Rooney as our lone striker. Shame about his wages.

I didnt go Saturday or even listen to it....did we create chances? Would having a finisher like Benson on for the last 20 minutes made the difference.

Don't think even with age you lose that ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Doubt we'll find out if Benson could have an impact anyway....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #266 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:44:01 »

Scores goals wherever he goes though (apart from Swindon of course - not that he got much of a chance)

I wonder if we might be able to do some sort of player exchange deal with Crawley with L Rooney going there and Alexander coming to us.
Apparently Crawley have been offere Luke Rooney on a freebie and still said no due to his wages being so high at Swindon, that said he is still training with them this week so they must hae a solid interest in him.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:53:59 »

I didnt go Saturday or even listen to it....did we create chances? Would having a finisher like Benson on for the last 20 minutes made the difference.

Don't think even with age you lose that ability to be in the right place at the right time.

Doubt we'll find out if Benson could have an impact anyway....

To be honest, very few chances fell to Williams, but the ball also never stuck to him when it went up there - and the one chance I can remember, he appeared to duck rather than attack it after Luongo's effort was saved - that was a hard, instant reaction type scenario which a natural finisher may have taken (I was drunk and would need to see a replay though). His link up play was the most frustrating, and Benson or Rooney may have provided a better pivot for the midfield and wingers to work off.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 11:57:04 »

Rumoured (in the Daily Mail) that he and a couple of others averaged 8K per week in costs. So no chance! As said, right type of player we need though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #269 on: Monday, August 5, 2013, 12:00:42 »

Rumoured (in the Daily Mail) that he and a couple of others averaged 8K per week in costs. So no chance! As said, right type of player we need though.
Yeah he is the right type in style but not in wages and attitude.

A still feel Billy Kee of Burton would be perfect, or possibly back in for Gary Madine of Wednesday, but both would command a fair sized fee which we probably wont afford until we have offloaded the excess players from the squad.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: