Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 1058 ... 1229   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4388001 times)
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #15810 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 13:57:23 »

suprised at the signature thing, from our admittedly limited experience he was quite approachable - disappointing - maybe he's different on Matchday.

I'm sure though he was what can charitably be called 'a character' in the dressing room. Or downright disruptive.

McKirdy the player of last season walks into this team.

McKirdy the person is a risk.

All that said, I'm sad it's not going well at Hibs yet. always hard to recover from a poor start with a club. If it's self inflicted maybe sympathy is misplaced

Such a shame because he was a fans favourite, and as somone who loved the attention and thrives from it, it appeared to me that it was all his way or no way.
Like you said it could be pre match nerves, anxiety or something else but youngsters waiting to get a picture of a hero were shunned. Could you imagine the fans no longer singing his name and what impact that would have had on him.
I wish him well at Hibs but won't miss any sleep if I don't see him play again.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #15811 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 14:01:36 »

Forget McKirdy. A gamble too far to even contemplate a return. Really hope it works out at Hibs though. It’s early days.

Jack Payne and Brandon Cooper on the other hand….

Am I one of the only people that didn’t rate Cooper that much? Made an awful mistake at Tranmere and I never felt as assured as some when he was on the ball.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15812 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 14:16:48 »

If it was a top ex defensive player we were talking about then there would be no question at all. (speaking of which DJ hasn't played much at Charlton this season)

Defensive?Huh?

Actually looking at it, bar Wollacott none of those who came from here have started much?
« Last Edit: Monday, October 31, 2022, 14:20:14 by horlock07 » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #15813 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 14:42:30 »

I thought I rated Cooper until I realised I was thinking about Jake O'Brien.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15814 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:05:29 »

Defensive?Huh?

Actually looking at it, bar Wollacott none of those who came from here have started much?

Egbo has played quite a lot since he recovered from his injury.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #15815 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:44:16 »

Am I one of the only people that didn’t rate Cooper that much? Made an awful mistake at Tranmere and I never felt as assured as some when he was on the ball.

I thought he was as classy as they come at his age. He was a talker at the back, comfortable on the ball, brought it forward, and good positionally.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15816 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 15:54:36 »

Egbo has played quite a lot since he recovered from his injury.

I see only lasted 14 mins at the weekend, injured again?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15817 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 17:32:21 »

I see only lasted 14 mins at the weekend, injured again?

Probably, like Conroy perhaps (made of glass)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15818 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 17:45:00 »

Garner looked angry on the touchline as the ref sent him off!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15819 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 19:57:30 »

We’ve had our fair share of central defenders over the past few seasons.
Unfortunately we never got to see Ballard who by all accounts is a very good player.

Been impressed with Clayton so far.🤞
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #15820 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 20:01:37 »

Re. McKirdy, I would leave well alone. We've just scored 5 (FIVE) away from home against a promotion rival and things seem to be starting to click. I agree totally with Audry, it's not like we're desperately missing him and it makes no sense to disrupt the chemistry of what appears to be a pretty tight knit squad, we're a different team now which wouldn't revolve around him. I would sign Jephcott though without hesitation and I'm sure we will.

I thought the comment of a Mansfield fan was very interesting, who thought we were a better side without him...always interesting to get an outsider's perspective.

I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the current dressing room.
Great fit and right for club and player last season but he simply can’t help himself. Best Mate with my Mates Son, he won’t change, he just can’t.
Better off with Wakeling and Jephcott.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #15821 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 20:22:05 »

Nearly always fact.... Players can't successfully go back to the club where they applied their skills.
Sure some  must do but most don't.
Can't think of any ex Swindon players that did. Best known was Don Rogers but in truth was never the savour everyone had hoped for.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #15822 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 20:28:45 »

I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the current dressing room.
Great fit and right for club and player last season but he simply can’t help himself. Best Mate with my Mates Son, he won’t change, he just can’t.
Better off with Wakeling and Jephcott.
If the Emirates is "the Library", the CG has become "the Morgue" this season and cries out for a character to shake it from its harrumphing torpor.

Bradford and Mansfield atmospheres were far superior to the CG.

'Arry knows how to wake a crowd up. Obv. on the back of a 5 away and good travelling support, we' re v. content -but boy have we been quiet at home during matches.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15823 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 20:38:32 »

If we'd been playing Gas, Derby, Ipswich, Oxford, Pompey, Plymouth, Sunderland plus others guarantee the County ground would be rocking. It's hard to generate an atmosphere with very few away fans.

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #15824 on: Monday, October 31, 2022, 20:53:46 »

Could be where everyone is in shock that we are not always losing at home now !!!.
Seriously, McKirdy did have that 'energy" factor that created a good feeling similar to when PDC was here as manager.
Bit like waiting for a car crash to happen. No

Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 1054 [1055] 1056 1057 1058 ... 1229   Go Up
Print
Jump to: