Pages: 1 ... 972 973 974 [975] 976 977 978 ... 1229   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4390919 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14610 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 17:50:45 »

Rob Angus doesn’t have a say in the budgets and the financial planning.

That may well be true but I guess as CEO he is kept abreast of these type of things?

From memory there are 2 things he's allegedly shared with fans on here, one was that Reed (and Williams??) have signed on for next season, as per Quagmire and the other that the Budget is increasing next season as per Tails. However that goes against what you have heard, which is strange.

If that's 'fake news' then Mr A is going to get himself in deep dung if he is so open with (mis)information.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
REDBUCK

« Reply #14611 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 18:18:12 »

Bit tricky who to believe really, the CEO or some random bloke on the internet.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14612 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 18:20:37 »

People who are usually on the money are saying contradictory things here. Someone's wrong (although they might be honestly misinformed, rather than outright lying). I certainly know who I *hope* it is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14613 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 18:33:24 »

could be playing budget maintained, other staff reduced.

they'd both be right
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14614 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 18:36:07 »

This.

The struggle is real.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14615 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 18:37:51 »

I would question why the budget would be going down? We have paid off almost £3m of debt this season according to the latest advisory board minutes. To my knowledge we don't have another season of that sort of debt ahead.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14616 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 18:40:46 »

genuine question, how much has the owner put in to cover debts - and how much is self generated

we still have 1M to cover *this* season.

Not giving an opinion what the budget is, no idea,   just giving possible reasons it could go down. Clem isn't rich rich
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14617 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 19:02:25 »

True, but half of that £1m is contract disputes, which I guess won't be paid unless they are 100% satisfied we have to pay.

You do a raise a very valid point though, I would be very interested to know how much of that £3m is self generated. I guess the Twine tribunal and the FA cup run will have helped quite a bit.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #14618 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 19:27:41 »

Best advice wait and see what unfolds and nothing would surprise me.
We all want the best for the club after all. All clubs have to declare their contractual obligations by the last week in May therefore fingers crossed we can improve terms and keep some of the players at the club next season.
June is when the agents come out to play.

As always plenty of goings on at Swindon with a few surprises around the corner.

Right now all about tomorrow night.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14619 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 20:06:59 »

It's entirely possible that the 5 or 6 players who were hangovers from the previous seasons are being told we can't afford to maintain their contracts at those levels, while at the same time spending a little more on the total budget given we need to cater for a few of the newer arrivals likely wanting more than the 2021/22 Embargo Basic Special.

Overall Budget Up - individual contracts subject to cuts.

Ultimately though, what the club needs to be doing if this season wasn't all just a PR stunt, is come out with some real positivity on the 2022/23 outlook.  Don't need them to publish the Payroll, but we do need them to say we are budgeting to challenge properly next season (if still stuck down here).
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14620 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 08:45:45 »

What's said and what's done are two different things but I raised the issue of a budget decrease causing some stirring online and it was essentially denied. We'll see I guess, Clem has said before that budget will be 'competitive' but what that actually entails who knows. I don't know who Dukes sources are but I know he's usually pretty accurate - although whoever told him that Clem came over to tell the players that is not being particularly truthful.

I'll stay positive until I see otherwise.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #14621 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 08:56:11 »

What's said and what's done are two different things but I raised the issue of a budget decrease causing some stirring online and it was essentially denied. We'll see I guess, Clem has said before that budget will be 'competitive' but what that actually entails who knows. I don't know who Dukes sources are but I know he's usually pretty accurate - although whoever told him that Clem came over to tell the players that is not being particularly truthful.

I'll stay positive until I see otherwise.

I made the Clem thing up - as a playful joke aimed at Duke, and it’s spiralled.  Doh
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14622 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 09:29:26 »

I expect the budget will be increased but expected to stretch further.

Let’s say for arguments sake Conroy and Payne earn 3k a week each (this number is purely fictitious) because their contracts are from a previous regime. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were offered say 2k a week each and then we’d signed another two new players on 1.5k a week.

Therefore we’re cutting contracts but increasing the budget but also the number of players.

All guess work
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #14623 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 09:39:45 »

I expect the budget will be increased but expected to stretch further.

Let’s say for arguments sake Conroy and Payne earn 3k a week each (this number is purely fictitious) because their contracts are from a previous regime. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were offered say 2k a week each and then we’d signed another two new players on 1.5k a week.

Therefore we’re cutting contracts but increasing the budget but also the number of players.

All guess work
This is very much how I'm interpreting it too. Especially when we think back and had to convince Conroy to stay at that time due to his great end to 18/19. Now we know he isn't at that level any more, he can no longer justify that wage.

This is inevitably how it worked out for FGR and rather than having an inflated and expensive squad, they curtailed it back, stretched it further and recruited smarter.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 09:45:37 by ThreeDrawsMentality » Logged
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14624 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 09:51:50 »

The key thing to all this will 100% be recruitment. With a full season behind us of scouting I want to believe that we will have a proper strategy moving forward which gets the most out of our budget.

We went from Di Canio splashing cash to Power just using a different type of shotgun on recruitment every season. I really hope we start to build something long term now.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 974 [975] 976 977 978 ... 1229   Go Up
Print
Jump to: