Pages: 1 ... 968 969 970 [971] 972 973 974 ... 1229   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4388246 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14550 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 08:49:59 »

Seems the likeliest outcome is for Ipswich to trigger the extension and then sell him to us.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14551 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 08:54:35 »

Either he signs a new contract or he leaves in the summer and they get a fee through a tribunal. Not sure why Ipswich have made it so complicated.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14552 on: Thursday, March 31, 2022, 08:57:49 »

He tweeted 'I'm not injured!!' Recently but later deleted it. Reading between the lines it appears he is one frustrated footballer at Ipswich.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14553 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 16:03:20 »

Get well soon Ossie
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18184588/tottenham-ossie-ardiles-hospital-heart-surgery/

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14554 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 13:21:02 »

2 ex Town keepers facing each other in the Sheff Utd v Bournemouth in Fodders and Travers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14555 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 09:23:50 »

Kovar makes his debut on Saturday for Burton and keeps a clean sheet, then plays against the leaders Wigan last night and keeps another clean sheet, 2 games 0 goals conceded.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14556 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 09:46:10 »

Kovar makes his debut on Saturday for Burton and keeps a clean sheet, then plays against the leaders Wigan last night and keeps another clean sheet, 2 games 0 goals conceded.

Probably helped by not playing behind the footballing equivalent of a colander...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14557 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 09:48:04 »

Probably helped by not playing behind the footballing equivalent of a colander...
He came into a side that had conceded 22 goals in 7 games previously....and 63 conceded this season.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14558 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 10:05:49 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman

there's bound to be a player in there somewhere. You don't get to where he is without there being.

Shame it didn't come out for us
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14559 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 10:27:22 »

there's bound to be a player in there somewhere. You don't get to where he is without there being.

Exactly this, on the reverse how well has Benda done with Peterborough (18 goals in 9 league games) and we all know how good a keeper he was.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #14560 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 10:31:37 »

Exactly this, on the reverse how well has Benda done with Peterborough (18 goals in 9 league games) and we all know how good a keeper he was.
So much depends on the defence in front of them of course, Kenny Allen was great for us in the first season under Macari but awful the next season when he was up against better players where his huge size didnt help him, Benda may be similar.

He used to command his area well for us but he faced far more crosses coming in when in L2 than he probably faces in the Championship, I see hes out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #14561 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 10:36:15 »

I knew he had been out injured for a while, didn’t know it was for the rest of the season.

Circumstances matter a lot, especially for a young player.
For us he came in to a team playing well & confident.
Kovar, and Benda at Posh went into poor teams, not playing well & lacking confidence.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #14562 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 14:43:47 »

This. And i really don't think the COVID situation (no crowds) helped him at all either. Some of the saves he didnt make (one particularly sticks in my mind where he limply came out sliding on his knees at his near post, can't remember who it was against) looked to me like he was still in training ground mentality, rather than "this really matters" mentality. Assuming most of his experience at the time was limited to minimal consequence football, I got the impression that playing in empty stadiums didn't hammer home the consequences of being a bit lazy or sloppy.

Essentially my theory was that if he'd been playing for us in more normal circumstances, chances are he'd be learning from his mistakes much quicker than he was. If my memory serves me right, Benda looked a bit shakey at times near the start, but was looking far more solid as the season progressed. Not saying that Kovar would have got to the same standard that we saw with Benda, but you'd have expected him to improve at least (Christ, it was a low bar, though). Add in a shocking defence in front of him. it was a pretty toxic mix. Suicide
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14563 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 15:36:13 »

He used to command his area well for us but he faced far more crosses coming in when in L2 than he probably faces in the Championship, I see hes out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.

Only time I saw Benda play in the flesh and he got basically bullied into conceding a goal at Carlisle.

We were really shit that day!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #14564 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 20:05:30 »

A brick wall in front of that useless cunt wouldn’t have been any help.  Worst player at the County Ground in my lifetime.   No Exceptions.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 970 [971] 972 973 974 ... 1229   Go Up
Print
Jump to: