Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 1229   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4388267 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #2805 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 20:04:56 »

Austin started spitting his dummy out as soon his mate Eddie Howe got the Burnley job.

I don't have a problem with Austin but I'm inclined to agree with this. You've only got to read his interview upon signing for them to see how he really wanted to play for him at Bournemouth.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #2806 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 20:14:40 »

Caddis subbed tonight, not sure why.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #2807 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 20:15:55 »

Attitude problems. Wink

Flashheart

« Reply #2808 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 20:16:41 »

His baby was crying?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #2809 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 20:20:38 »

His baby was crying?

Cheesy

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #2810 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 20:29:30 »

His baby was crying?

HEY. Don't bring his family into this.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2811 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 20:43:35 »

The biggest difference between Parkin & Cox (who are both still liked by everyone) and Austin is the way they left.

Both SSP & Coxy left the club at the end of the season and got their moves to bigger clubs, Austin waited until January (in fact almost the end of) & chucked in a transfer request to attempt to force the club to sell him.   I understand that it's not his fault that we couldn't get a decent replacement in but you always got the feeling that had he have stayed we could (and probably would) have stayed up.

That said, if we had we wouldn't have had the season we had last year

Indeed.

To me handing in a transfer request is basically a players way of putting two fingers up and saying fuck you to the club.

No time for Austin and dont hold him in the same regard as Parkin or Cox.
maggers86

Ignore
« Reply #2812 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 00:27:40 »

dislocated shoulder!!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2813 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 16:31:30 »

I disagree. Cox scored more spectacular goals, and had a bit more to his game but I think Parkin was the better finisher. I would guess 99% of Parkin goals were within the 6yrd box. Cox scored many long rangers for us.

All about opinions

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2814 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 20:18:57 »

The biggest difference between Parkin & Cox (who are both still liked by everyone) and Austin is the way they left.

Both SSP & Coxy left the club at the end of the season and got their moves to bigger clubs, Austin waited until January (in fact almost the end of) & chucked in a transfer request to attempt to force the club to sell him.   I understand that it's not his fault that we couldn't get a decent replacement in but you always got the feeling that had he have stayed we could (and probably would) have stayed up.

That said, if we had we wouldn't have had the season we had last year

Correct....but the question was/is....who was the best striker.....not who was best liked.

Austin was/is the best finisher,Cox the better all round player.........i would have Super Sammy just behind both but i know many would have him in front of both Austin and Cox.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2815 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 20:27:41 »

Cox is the most talented player out of the 3. Austin however is the most natural finisher.

Parkin wasnt as talented as Cox but was a better finisher than him. He also wasnt as good a finisher as Austin but was more talented.

Well, thats my opinion anyways...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2816 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 21:06:44 »

Correct....but the question was/is....who was the best striker.....not who was best liked.

Austin was/is the best finisher,Cox the better all round player.........i would have Super Sammy just behind both but i know many would have him in front of both Austin and Cox.

There were people commenting on whether or not Austin should get a good or bad reception if he plays (he wasn't playing tonight), and that's what I was focussing on.

With regards to who the better player/finisher was I would agree he was a more natural goalscorer than the other two, whereas Coxy was the better footballer who could score great goals & create goals for others
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #2817 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 18:50:01 »

I still think Parkin was the best finisher...the never bobbled for Parkin.  Austin was also a top finisher and I agree that Cox had the most all round talent.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2818 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 21:37:02 »

All around talent plus work ethic means Cox is the winner for me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #2819 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 21:45:11 »

Cant believe nobody has mentioned Fola Onibuje
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 ... 1229   Go Up
Print
Jump to: