Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Di Canio in Swindon manager talks  (Read 40195 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:11:34 »

Rix shouldn't be allowed within 250 metres of the County Ground.

Magilton is a scummer, a tool and a failure.

di Canio is completely unproven, unstable and is a fascist. He admitted himself that his fascist salute was towards the hardcore Lazio fans who are self-proclaimed racists... I expect some Town fans would be equally upset if a Che Guevara adoring communist like Cristiano Lucarelli or similar was appointed.

I don't want any of them anywhere near this club for footballing and non-footballing reasons.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:17:47 »

Rix shouldn't be allowed within 250 metres of the County Ground.

Magilton is a scummer, a tool and a failure.

di Canio is completely unproven, unstable and is a fascist. He admitted himself that his fascist salute was towards the hardcore Lazio fans who are self-proclaimed racists... I expect some Town fans would be equally upset if a Che Guevara adoring communist like Cristiano Lucarelli or similar was appointed.

I don't want any of them anywhere near this club for footballing and non-footballing reasons.

Agree with that, except Rix should be 250 miles not metres.
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:19:17 »

I just want a manager who has us winning football matches, and a manager that gets us promoted from League 2.
It could be fucking Bin Laden back from the dead for all I care.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:19:42 »

and I do see the hypocrisy in me supporting Hoddle but his beliefs are religious which is an entirely different kettle of brainwashed fish
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:23:21 »

You see, that is exactly what I don't understand... a political leaning (either way) doesn't bother me, yet a convicted paedo does. I think it underlines what level of tolerance i do or don't have. Di Canio, despite holding views that some folk don't agree with, has never actually done anything wrong that we know of. He hasn't advocated eugenics, he doesn't appear to have had any issues playing alongside or being friendly with people from other nations, races, or creeds. To my knowledge, he's never hurt anyone bar Paul Allcock, and doesn't preach virtiolic hatred.

He's alright really. He just has views and opinions like everyone else. In my eyes, the persuasion (fascist, communist, mad religious dude like Hoddle) shouldn't matter a jot.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:24:52 »

You see, that is exactly what I don't understand... a political leaning (either way) doesn't bother me, yet a convicted paedo does. I think it underlines what level of tolerance i do or don't have. Di Canio, despite holding views that some folk don't agree with, has never actually done anything wrong that we know of. He hasn't advocated eugenics, he doesn't appear to have had any issues playing alongside or being friendly with people from other nations, races, or creeds. To my knowledge, he's never hurt anyone bar Paul Allcock, and doesn't preach virtiolic hatred.

He's alright really. He just has views and opinions like everyone else. In my eyes, the persuasion (fascist, communist, mad religious dude like Hoddle) shouldn't matter a jot.

Word!

Sad to say, i must be on my way
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:25:20 »

Great post. Thought crime is not an actual crime is it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:26:59 »

he doesn't appear to have had any issues playing alongside or being friendly with people from other nations, races, or creeds. To my knowledge, he's never hurt anyone bar Paul Allcock, and doesn't preach virtiolic hatred.

Yet he expresses his admiration for Mussolini and the far-right supporters of Lazio who are openly racist - I'm not saying that he's a violent racist who will immediately sack Amankwaah, Lecsinel etc but just that his political leanings make me feel uncomfortable. I'd rather have di Canio at the club than Rix. I could stomach di Canio as I admired him as a footballer if nothing else.

edit: And now more than ever, the club need to appoint someone who the fans will unite behind...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:27:19 »

Agree.  
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:31:17 »

Yet he expresses his admiration for Mussolini and the far-right supporters of Lazio who are openly racist - I'm not saying that he's a violent racist who will immediately sack Amankwaah, Lecsinel etc but just that his political leanings make me feel uncomfortable. I'd rather have di Canio at the club than Rix. I could stomach di Canio as I admired him as a footballer if nothing else.

edit: And now more than ever, the club need to appoint someone who the fans will unite behind...

Fair point... and i felt really weird submitting a serious(ish) post not wholely about football!

I suppose i shouldn't mention that i think Hitler was good at speeches and admirable in his initial economic turnaround in Germany for fear of suppering my managerial chances... Wink

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:35:27 »

I agree with you as well as to an extent I don't really care what a manager believes but di Canio has never hidden his admiration of Fascismo so it's more relevant to me. I realise I'm in a small minority of people who give a shit!

However if it was a scientologist, I'd hope the individual would be run out of town with pitchforks...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:35:45 »

Di Canio is so alright that someone like Sinisa Mihajlovic, noted for his racist abuse of Viera, and connections to Serb ethnic cleansing warlords like Slobodan Milosovic and Arkan, claims to be well to Di Canio's left on the when it comes to views held.  Mihajlovic has tried to live down his past, and is now Bologna boss and it is of course possible for people to see the error of their ways.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:38:28 »

Di Canio in action

Never knowingly overstated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:43:17 »

Sounds like some on here will unite behind Di Canio and goose step down the A420
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 15:44:43 »

He just has views and opinions like everyone else. In my eyes, the persuasion (fascist, communist, mad religious dude like Hoddle) shouldn't matter a jot.
Of course he's perfectly entitled to his opinions. Totally irrelevant to the position of manager, keep politics out of sport, I completely agree.

But when he publicly espouses fascism, openly salutes an acknowledged gang of hardcore neo-Nazi hooligans and describes them as his "camerati", then HE is bringing politics into sport. Then it's no longer a matter of private belief but of public statement, by doing this, and doing it repeatedly, he brings himself and his employers into disrepute. And appointing him would reflect on the club's reputation, like it or not.

Look at it this way, would you feel the same way if he'd openly expressed his admiration for Bin Laden? And waved an "Al Qaeda are ace" flag at a mob of jeering terrorist supporters? I wouldn't want someone like that associated with the club, don't think many would. Some things are beyond the pale, and rightly so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: