Pages: 1 ... 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280221 times)
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #6435 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:21:30 »

Don’t think he’s the messiah, but also don’t think he’s trying to fuck over the fans. But my god, he needs to work on his communication. He will never gain the full trust of the fanbase until his communication improves. The “gifted” comment for example. No doubt, he had zero malice behind the comment, but come on. Hardly the most endearing comment to a fanbase that has become quite rightly, largely sceptical in recent months.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6436 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:22:54 »

He's not a details guy or a comms guy, which is fair enough, none of us have every skill. But recognise that and hire some people to do it... perhaps that's the new CEO, who knows.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6437 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:23:15 »

It has been enlightening. I’m now convinced that there hasn’t been the calculated dishonesty we feared. I think it’s simply not knowing the detail, and making it up as they go along. No wonder the details of a debenture are missed. On balance, I’d rather it this way, than trying to intentionally screw us over.
skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #6438 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:23:45 »

Did the question get asked how were losing so much money each year or have I missed that?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6439 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:24:11 »

It has been enlightening. I’m now convinced that there hasn’t been the calculated dishonesty we feared. I think it’s simply not knowing the detail, and making it up as they go along. No wonder the details of a debenture are missed. On balance, I’d rather it this way, than trying to intentionally screw us over.
In a nutshell
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6440 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:24:27 »

Similarly I find it hard to believe anyone wanting to run the club secretly from behind the scenes would choose him as a front man!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6441 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:25:53 »

Car crash. Nothing to do with Vic or TSTBL’s Joe either- they asked the Qs as much as they could. about as unprofessional as it gets. Zero conviction with regards to anything positive. Extremely defensive.

Say tonight wasn’t Clem, owner of Swindon Town. And it was Jim, owner of Portsmouth- If that’s a different owner of a different club, and you’ve caught parts of that interview, you’d be laughing/insulting/questioning how legit of an owner he is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6442 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:25:57 »

This whole Clem/Eady Trust/Trust STFC "I gifted the fans the money" point needs unpacking in detail. It was a pretty extraordinary and ill judged comment.

The implication being the Eady Trust would have given the FC the money even without a joint venture.
-----------
I've no idea if he's straight up or not. Despite his protestations I'll never be comfortable with Hart/Austin around the club. Whether that's my problem or a genuine concern we'll see.

Still at least he did it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6443 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:28:45 »

Car crash. Nothing to do with Vic or TSTBL’s Joe either, about as unprofessional as it gets. Zero conviction with regards to anything positive. Extremely defensive.

Say tonight wasn’t Clem, owner of Swindon Town. And it was Jim, owner of Portsmouth- If that’s a different owner of a different club, and you’ve caught parts of that interview, you’d be laughing/insulting/questioning how legit of an owner he is.
But he’s the opposite of Power who was always ready with a quip and an answer - he knew what he was doing with the club and obfuscated accordingly when questioned.

Clem came across as being caught in the headlights, did no homework on what he must have known he would be asked. Naive is the word.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6444 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:29:37 »

I actually warmed to him. He’s f*cked off, and I get that. I wish he’d understand fans are concerned though - he doesn’t, but then he wasn’t here for the last 20 years to see the owners we’ve endured. He needs a front man (or woman) who can take the PR away from him, and some people with the time and expertise to get on top of the detail.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6445 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:30:13 »

Similarly I find it hard to believe anyone wanting to run the club secretly from behind the scenes would choose him as a front man!

I was left thinking the same. Between him and Zav it is hardly people I'd want in my calculated conspiracy.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6446 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:31:22 »

I actually warmed to him. He’s f*cked off, and I get that. I wish he’d understand fans are concerned though - he doesn’t, but then he wasn’t here for the last 20 years to see the owners we’ve endured. He needs a front man (or woman) who can take the PR away from him, and some people with the time and expertise to get on top of the detail.

To be fair at the end he said he understands the scepticism.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6447 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:35:45 »

good point
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #6448 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:38:31 »

That was… interesting.

Maybe he’s taking the piss, but to me, that was not the performance of somebody clever enough to shaft anyone. Nor is that somebody a silent owner would accept as the face of the ownership.

It felt like sitting in on a gruelling job interview, where the candidate has no experience, and didn’t think to research what interviews are like in general. He didn’t seem to know much, a bit Bojo, but replace the Latin with swearing.

Doesn’t instil much confidence does it.  Head Hurts

« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 21:16:14 by oxonrobin » Logged
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6449 on: Wednesday, September 20, 2023, 20:39:47 »

So was it asked how we can be losing £500k to £1m a year and was fans being uncomfortable with the likes of Hart and Austin being around the club mentioned?

Fair play if Vic and that have asked what needed to be, was a big fear going in to this.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 429 [430] 431 432 433 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: