Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: roni size  (Read 1199 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 09:30:59 »

anyone seen him? ben wah balls?

went to norwich po na na last night, where he was playing. A mere £7 and a top night but I wish they'd get some air con as my clothes were absolutely drenched.
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 10:27:57 »

Ive got his latest album called 'Return To V' and its a top album.  Cool
Amir

« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 10:44:58 »

Seen him a couple of times and didn't think that much, but was outdoors and you can't really listen to drum and bass like that unless you can get real close to the sound.

New Forms is a quality album though, been listening to that alot lately, reminising Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 12:21:27 »

I'm partial to abit of drum n bass.

I like my dance music hard too, Lisa Lashes, Ann Savage etc  Cheesy
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 12:28:29 »

Believe it or not I've been right into my D&B since back in the day - long before the scene was mobbed by two bit flirts who disappeared off to they next fad (Speed Garage? Who you kidding?!) as soon as it reared it's ugly head.

The guy (Size) is a legend - a true pioneer to the scene. I'm trying to get my hands on the new live V-Recordings album and having a right job of it.

See him live, preferably in a tight arena (dare I say the next bit?) in his home town. Top class.

"Great save, Digby."
mattboyslim

« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 12:30:54 »

Mark, you dared to say it, and I reckon you're right.  There was a qualtiy documentary on BBC3 about him in st pauls and his whole career and the scene down there, very informative.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 12:44:40 »

it was the perfect venue last night as norwich po na na only holds about 300
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 13:01:28 »

roni size & die did an ace mix called 'impact music'... download it
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 13:03:50 »

It's all about the 'Trust Me'. Bith original and VIP mixes still keeping me on my toes!

"Great save, Digby."
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 16:05:34 »

I've seen Roni Size twice, he's quality, especially when he plays brown paper bag. Here is a photo of when he came down to the front to sign stuff. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/Picture201.jpg and this is Dynamite MC http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/Picture197.jpg

Saw DJ Marky and DJ Zinc last night, fucking superb. Marky mixed Pendulum's remix of Prodigy Voodoo People with the drum and bass version of Charly by Prodigy - that was an incredible tune. Charly says always tell your mother before you go off somewhere.

Danced non stop for 2 and half hours. It started off really cold in there but as usual was very hot by the end.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 16:29:02 »

Roni Size is pretty good... I'm not into D&B but some of his stuff is pretty cool.

Didn't live up to the promise that the Mercury Prize win suggested in the 90's though.
lebowski

« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 16:39:03 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I've seen Roni Size twice, he's quality, especially when he plays brown paper bag. Here is a photo of when he came down to the front to sign stuff.

it really is great when they do that and i've got a lot of time for acts who show genuine appreciation to their fans. i went to see jurassic 5 play in bristol a couple of weeks ago, and not only did they drop bombs all night long like it was hiroshima all over again, but they also stayed around for literally ages after their set signing cds, lps, clothing, even footwear!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 17:06:02 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Mark, you dared to say it, and I reckon you're right.  There was a qualtiy documentary on BBC3 about him in st pauls and his whole career and the scene down there, very informative.

I saw that as well, it was superb - the bloke is a legend.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 7, 2005, 17:21:29 »

i was gutted i missed the J5 gig in brizzle.  Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: