Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You've got to love this - from 606 board  (Read 2186 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 15:00:06 »

Written by a Northampton fan to Oxford supporters regarding everyone's favourite frenchman...

"Just a little heads-up on your new signing Eric Sabin.
Last week we played QPR, one of the Frenchmans former clubs. When asked on the radio if he felt anything playing against them he replied "Non".
He then added that the only club he had ever loved was Swindon Town who he would always hold dear.
Swindon Town?
That must come as good news. "

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but in case it has

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 15:02:32 »

brilliant!

I think he genuinely loves this club, I think we should get him back to replace Cureton and Thorpe Cool
Spud

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 15:16:20 »

Brilliant, does that mean he will try and score some own goals.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 15:41:25 »

he only loves us cause in his last game we gave him a stanbding ovation...who knows why? but oh well!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 15:49:06 »

I think this sort of thing is important......its too easy to get on players backs and slag them off.....this is the sort of thing that Shitty and scum fans do really well.....

It can be so frustrating watching the likes of Cureton and Thorpe....laze around, but giving them some encouragement rather than abuse may just pay dividends.

I'm now going to  try and be positive about Jamie and Tony.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 15:59:56 »

I applaud that move Reg, encouraging players is very important in my opinion, don't agree with the boo them and it'll give them a kick up the arse school of thought.

Fallon wasn't too popular at times last year now he's put in the work over the summer, he's getting lots of encouragement from the crowd and he's showing his best form in ages.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 16:12:04 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I applaud that move Reg, encouraging players is very important in my opinion, don't agree with the boo them and it'll give them a kick up the arse school of thought.

Fallon wasn't too popular at times last year now he's put in the work over the summer, he's getting lots of encouragement from the crowd and he's showing his best form in ages.

I agree, there are people sat around me who do nothing but slag off individuals, the team, the manager and the formation every match regardless of scoreline. It does my head in.

I don't want to rid people of their opinions regarding the 'entertainment' they've paid up to £23 for, I just don't understand what good they believe this verbal abuse will do.

Thorpe and Cureton both made it clear when they arrived that they like the ball played through the opposition back-line to their feet, the one time Thorpe got a decent ball against Oldham he put it away with a quality finish and was then dropped for the following game. How do we expect him to feel about it?

I'm not gonna get on the back of a player who isn't even on the pitch and has said publicly that he's gonna fight for his place. Why has Fallon been a revelation? - because we're playing the ball through the air to a target man rather than keeping the ball on the deck.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 16:34:05 »

Dont get me wrong, i dont like Thorpe but i havent screamed abuse at him.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 20:45:27 »

i think everybody at the club loved Sabin because he was so shite!
Nobody hated him, he was just too much of a great guy!

Hope he scores 15+ at Oxford, at the wrong end!
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 1, 2005, 20:49:33 »

Its good to hear that he loves us  Smiley
Oxf*rd fans must be well pissed off.  
Spud

« Reply #10 on: Friday, September 2, 2005, 05:21:22 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
i think everybody at the club loved Sabin because he was so shite!
Nobody hated him, he was just too much of a great guy!

Hope he scores 15+ at Oxford, at the wrong end!

Agree with that, we all knew he was shite but he had a great personality which is why we sang his name to the tune of the 'Thierry Henry' song.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 21:38:02 »

Sabin did what I expect of any Town player,  he gave 100%. It may not ultimately have been good enough quality wise, but it was all he could do.

When Cureton does naff all in a game it is very frustrating. I moan about him because of it, he has ability but seeming lacks effort.  not playing a ball to feet is no excuse for lazyness.

Thorpe, I have only seen play twice, once against Oldham and once gainst Wycombe when he was very poor. Not enough to judge really.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 21:58:32 »

Didnt realise he went to oxford?!

See what a difference it is with Sabin there who likes us and Mooney who went there but didnt really care bout us!

Come on YOU REDS!
super red

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 4, 2005, 22:01:56 »

I dont know if anyone was at Tranmere but Jamie  :old: Cureton ran around all afternoon - sadly like a headless chicken as usual - but he did run.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 03:36:27 »

I think most people had a soft spot for Eric because he didn't let the fact that he was blatantly not good enough for league one prevent him from trying very very hard. Whenever he started to chase a long ball everyone around me would shout enouragement even though we knew what would happen next. Eric would win the ball with his scorching pace, head off towards the area, before putting the ball out for a throw/over the stand/falling over.

Speaking of falling over, after winning a few penalties early on, Eric's tumbles around the area took on a comedy value rarely seen in league football, I remember one in a boxing day game (Bournemouth I think) which had me and my mates in hysterics with its over the top ineptitude.

Top bloke, shit shit player. Bless him
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: