Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper set to be named permanent manager  (Read 68461 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:06:59 »

Cooper is in many fans eyes directly linked and associated to the board and Jed = Whatever he does he has absolutely no chance in many fans eyes.

Thankless task for him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:09:03 »

Why are people quick to point out that we only performed well for 45 minutes against Stevenage, yet seem to not want to point out that we spent a good 50/60 minutes outplaying Peterborough on their own turf? Yeah Saturday was shit but so far most of the football has been pretty decent. The suicide passes accross the back 4 arent the greatest and yeah, so far we seem to not have a plan B.. But that doesn't mean we won't learn and adapt.

I don't get why people deliberately search for negatives. I've said it before but the reason we will never be successful is because of us. We want instant success, constantly. "We need a proven manager". Why? Why do we need a proven manager? Were Di Canio, Macari, Hoddle, etc, etc, etc proven? No. Hart was proven though wasn't he?!

This board and this manager, who as far as I'm concerned have done a pretty good job of taking a complete fuck up and turn it into something that could turn out to be pretty decent with a bit of time, are doomed because our wonderful fan base have decided, based on pretty much fuck all, that they don't like them. Cant wait for the Cooper outs in a few weeks because we're not winning after 5 minutes. The sooner we realise we're a pretty average League One team, bar the odd foray up and down, the better. If you crave success that badly why the fuck did you support Swindon? There's a club up the M4 doing pretty well if you're that desperate.

Good luck Coops.
china red

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:09:58 »

Or Souness, or Dalglish...........But I think you were whoshed as the inference was Kevin MacDonald

Not at all
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:10:17 »

Good luck Coops
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:11:44 »

Please don't call him Coops.

It's either Cooper or Coop.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:11:52 »

Not at all
Ah. Maybe you whoshed the whosher and I was the one in the end who got whoshety-whoshed?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:12:47 »

Good luck Coops
Goodluck Jonathan

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:18:03 »

Just like th..............

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:19:33 »

Please don't call him Coops.

It's either Cooper or Coop.

Haha. What about Big C?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:20:17 »

Was an almost impossibile task to find anyone else who would have been happy to have a style of play and squad picked for him.
I think Cooper should have the title of head coach as that is what he is.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:22:22 »

Haha. What about Big C?

The connotations of that may accurately sum up how some feel about Cooper's presence at the club as a patsy for JedCo.

Can't disagree with that at all.

I can't say I think that the DoF/head coach system is a bad idea in theory either. It's started off horribly here though.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:22:47 »

Nice post tails.

I was one that wanted a proven manager and you make a good point ref strikes, hoddle and pdc.

however....they had one advantage that Cooper does not...They ARE top players who ARE unproven, so, there's a risk.
Cooper is proven to be shit. Fact.

Clems Army!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:27:13 »

Was an almost impossibile task to find anyone else who would have been happy to have a style of play and squad picked for him.

Exactly right Arriba
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:27:16 »

Nice post tails.

I was one that wanted a proven manager and you make a good point ref strikes, hoddle and pdc.

however....they had one advantage that Cooper does not...They ARE top players who ARE unproven, so, there's a risk.
Cooper is proven to be shit. Fact.

Except for the bit where the last time he had a full season in charge of a team they finished 7th and won a trophy in a Wembley final? Proper shit.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 08:35:36 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Cooper_(footballer_born_1968)

For those unable to Google and i only just have looked in detail at his managerial record. It's a bit of a mixed bag to be honest. I knew about his stint at P'boro but he only had 13 games there and was probably too big a jump at the time. Some of his non-league stuff is pretty good and looks like we might get a cup run this year.

Anyway, all of this means fuck all, it's what we do in the here and now. Let's give the bloke a chance at least. OK we're unlikely to win the league this season but the football (bar Saturday) on offer has been a hell of a lot better than I was expecting this season that's for sure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: