Pages: 1 ... 2441 2442 2443 [2444] 2445 2446 2447 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5196761 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #36645 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 07:38:26 »

Listening to a commentator state that historically Spain have always been there or thereabouts in relation to winning the World Cup, I often when people think football 'history' began

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36646 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 09:21:35 »

How did these Olympians get to their respective games?  

I wonder how many of these protesters have never been on a plane?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61133235
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #36647 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 09:24:33 »

Listening to a commentator state that historically Spain have always been there or thereabouts in relation to winning the World Cup, I often when people think football 'history' began

You know the answer, it started in 1992/3 when the Premier League started.

The media would probably rewrite history and forget it completely if it hadn’t been the fact that the media’s darlings won most of their league titles then.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36648 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 15:12:50 »

ITV have a commercial break just as the players come out of the tunnel😡

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36649 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 15:28:53 »

ITV have a commercial break just as the players come out of the tunnel😡

Product placement my friend. Just like at the halfway point in  the soap dramas, right before a kick-off of a big match (that will have probs a good couple of million watching)  is big money.

Imagine 2 million people watch Chelsea v Palace (paid figures, more with VPNs, Amazon Sticks and so on) so the Advert has just been "seen" by many of them because you won't be dashing off for a shit with 1min before KO. Most will probably dislike it or be annoyed by it but there could be say 0.1% really love it? You've got at least 2k people engaged in your brand and some of the ones who don't like it will still say "did you see that bloody ad they put in before the match, for <<ins brand>>?! Ridiculous! But they're still talking about the brand and someone else may then watch that and purchase.

But yep, 2k out of 2mil and even if only 20 (1% of the 2k) actually buy something, you've got to consider that is from just one small advert. There whole campaign will have it on various media too.

Sorry JQ, I'm sure you know all this. The point in case? Yep it's annoying but it's pretty much always been around, just different media and medium to process it through; it's here to stay Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36650 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 15:34:34 »

Well described Bamboo and yes I did know and can't say I ever take notice of any ads so won't be in the 0.1%😀

For a change it would be nice to see just one player putting the ball in the quadrant for a corner rather than on the last millimetre of chalk on the outside! What advantage can it possibly give🤔

Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #36651 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 16:54:21 »

I learnt a neat little trick on YouTube ads which now I am mildly annoyed about.

If you click the little ‘i’ symbol when a YouTube ad comes on you can then click ‘do not see this ad again’ and it immediately closes it and goes straight to the video. Great. But then I noticed it doesn’t work with betting ads. Having never been a gambler this is of no real consequence to me, but I know lots of people struggle with gambling addiction and the fact that can close an ad about shampoo but you can’t about gambling just seems…wrong.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #36652 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 17:57:40 »

Well described Bamboo and yes I did know and can't say I ever take notice of any ads so won't be in the 0.1%😀

For a change it would be nice to see just one player putting the ball in the quadrant for a corner rather than on the last millimetre of chalk on the outside! What advantage can it possibly give🤔

But you did take notice JQ because you've highlighted it here Wink So in effect, marketing has worked as you've still passed on the message (to some degree). It's almost a win/win for them!

Fine margins but yes, probably not much but then at any elite level sport it is fine margins that often matter between winners and losers Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36653 on: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 18:04:15 »

But you did take notice JQ because you've highlighted it here Wink So in effect, marketing has worked as you've still passed on the message (to some degree). It's almost a win/win for them!

Fine margins but yes, probably not much but then at any elite level sport it is fine margins that often matter between winners and losers Smiley

But I can't remember any of the ads Kev only where the numbers are on my remote😀
I can't see any advantage of playing the ball at its nearest point as it's all about the delivery and most are average at best.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 17, 2022, 18:07:14 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36654 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 06:42:33 »

There’s been a lot of incidents lately about unruly passengers on flights all over the world.

They are always females, too. They all try and open the door at 30,000ft.

What’s that all about.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36655 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 06:54:49 »

There’s been a lot of incidents lately about unruly passengers on flights all over the world.

They are always females, too. They all try and open the door at 30,000ft.

What’s that all about.

Which is why I always wear my seat belt the whole flight, that and severe turbulence.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36656 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 09:22:21 »

Let them jump if they haven't got a parachute it's their problem plus it leaves more leg room! Another tip try not to sit near the doors😀

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #36657 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 09:41:30 »

Which is why I always wear my seat belt the whole flight, that and severe turbulence.

I wouldn’t worry, impossible to open doors at that altitude.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36658 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 10:03:45 »

I hoped he was joking!

plus doors have 55000 newtons/sqm on them
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #36659 on: Monday, April 18, 2022, 10:13:56 »

Take that minimal risk and you still have turbulence that makes the Orlando theme park rides seem tame by comparison.
Pages: 1 ... 2441 2442 2443 [2444] 2445 2446 2447 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: