Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 132   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 161419 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:03:04 »

I’d be open to Matt Taylor, despite his record at Walsall.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:08:10 »

I do think what the Morris experiment shows is that the gulf between the big clubs and ours is now so large that we probably won't get ex-players/managers from there succeeding at our level.

When Hoddle went onto Chelsea from Swindon, our facilities probably weren't miles apart from those at Harlington, their old training ground.

I always got the impression that Morris simply couldn't believe how shit our set up was. Of course he had probably done his 'homework' but the reality of a cold day in Calne with an over 80s Zumba class taking place next door probably hits home like a wet kipper to the face if you are used to the set up at Cobham. Throw in the clown show of Aberdeen/Sandro/Zav et al and he probably regretted it from minute one, which is why he wore a face like a slapped arse for the duration.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:21:20 »

He'd have checked out the facilities before he agreed. He wouldn't have counted on a spiv getting rid of the captain and then leaving the paperwork on his replacement clogged in the fax machine without hitting send though.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:38:09 »

I do think what the Morris experiment shows is that the gulf between the big clubs and ours is now so large that we probably won't get ex-players/managers from there succeeding at our level.

When Hoddle went onto Chelsea from Swindon, our facilities probably weren't miles apart from those at Harlington, their old training ground.

I always got the impression that Morris simply couldn't believe how shit our set up was. Of course he had probably done his 'homework' but the reality of a cold day in Calne with an over 80s Zumba class taking place next door probably hits home like a wet kipper to the face if you are used to the set up at Cobham. Throw in the clown show of Aberdeen/Sandro/Zav et al and he probably regretted it from minute one, which is why he wore a face like a slapped arse for the duration.

Are your training facilities very bad? Nowadays many coaches/managers have a good training complex near the very top of their checklist.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:42:59 »

Zero interest in Artell- nobody’s been near him for 2 years? Zero interest in Cowley- only ever really been successful once.

Robbie Neilson for me, cracking win %. Knows the leagues… worth a go imo.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #110 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:45:29 »

Left field. How about tempting Paul Trollope back into the number one hotseat?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:46:22 »

Zero interest in Artell- nobody’s been near him for 2 years? Zero interest in Cowley- only ever really been successful once.

As in ex-hearts manager Robbie Nielson? Interesting pick.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:54:42 »

In fairness to Artell it's just over a year since he left Crewe; and just because no-one has employed him since doesn't mean he's not a good coach/manager. Never be swayed by what owners/directors might do; remember Shack's opinion of their knowledge.

Cowley won two titles in three seasons at Lincoln, the second being The League Two title. His only failure was at Pompey but even there his win % was over 43.

Robbie Neilson's only venture South of the border was a miserable failure at Franchise and he doesn't know this league.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 21:58:47 »

What about Noel Hunt?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 22:12:58 »

What about Noel Hunt?

Is there any reason he wouldn't stay at Reading instead?

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 22:18:08 »

I've no idea. the last manager I didn't want got us promoted
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 22:31:33 »

Donkey for First Team Overlord

Cool

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 23:14:47 »

I'd like to see Picaretta given a go. He knows and loves the club, has experienced the good and bad of the PdC coaching and would probably fit Clem's budget

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 23:53:29 »

I'd like to see Picaretta given a go. He knows and loves the club, has experienced the good and bad of the PdC coaching and would probably fit Clem's budget

That’s an interesting thought. When he was at the club recently, he openly admitted that he loves Swindon.  He is looking for the right opportunity, and when he was asked if he would consider Swindon, he had a very wry smile on his face and said that the position was filled at the moment.

Read into that what you will.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, May 1, 2023, 23:58:55 »

Whoever it is needs to be charismatic and someone we can unite behind. None of the journeymen managers tick those boxes, we had enough of the bland and miserable to last a lifetime. It’s no coincidence the most fun we had as fans and success too was with PDC and Wellens where there was at least some 2 way engagement.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 132   Go Up
Print
Jump to: