Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin & Paynter  (Read 18605 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 23:31:07 »

That is exactly what i was going to say, Cox was a very good player but Austin is a natural finisher who just seems to have that nack of scoring, He doesn't miss many chances and i stand by what i said, He will be better than Cox.

What is apparent about Charlie is that he is a natural finisher and compared with some of the shite in the Premiership who don't know where the goal is (Bentner at Arsenal is an example) then Charlie has huge potential. The only question mark would be would he have the time and space higher up the leagues to slot the chances away that he does now.

I think that at some stage that Charlie will have a dip in form, the second season syndrome, and surely the best place for that would be at Swindon. As for Sheehan, I remember a left back/left midfielder who we weren't sure what his best position was and would he fit in the long term. His name was Paul Bodin and he did quite well for us
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 09:28:00 »

What is apparent about Charlie is that he is a natural finisher and compared with some of the shite in the Premiership who don't know where the goal is (Bentner at Arsenal is an example) then Charlie has huge potential. The only question mark would be would he have the time and space higher up the leagues to slot the chances away that he does now.

I think that at some stage that Charlie will have a dip in form, the second season syndrome, and surely the best place for that would be at Swindon. As for Sheehan, I remember a left back/left midfielder who we weren't sure what his best position was and would he fit in the long term. His name was Paul Bodin and he did quite well for us

In two spells.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 17:16:07 »

Now have a combined 41 goals for the season in all competitions and 38 for the league.

Parkin & Mooney got 43 in all competitions, with 39 in the league.

They've now equalled Parkin & Mooney's record and surpassed their league goals.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 17:41:02 »

We went VIP to the match today for my dads birthday and we were sat with Charlies family they are lovely and his mum reminds me a bit of Pamela from Gavin & Stacey (in a nice way!)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 17:46:12 »

I think Paynter will walk away, and we'll possibly cash in on Cuthbert as well.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
scott

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 17:50:31 »

alls i can say is quality strike force - hopefully we got a few more years of this duo together - longer the better - bring it on !
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 17:54:46 »

I think Paynter will walk away, and we'll possibly cash in on Cuthbert as well.
You're just making up random stuff - you haven't got a clue Grin Roll Eyes

So much is dependent on whether we go up or not. I reckon even Danny Wilson doesn't really know what's going to happen at this point in time.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2010, 18:07:22 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 18:09:52 »

Hence the words 'think', and 'possibly'.

Coca Fola

« Reply #53 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 22:08:37 »

I think if Austin had have started the season, he would be the league's top scorer by a country mile
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 22:31:26 »

I think if Austin had have started the season, he would be the league's top scorer by a country mile

In the good old days you could claim the goals from your old team regardless of league- I remember Keith Scott being at the top in the Premier league thanks to 14 goals at Wycombe.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, April 5, 2010, 23:06:46 »

Stat time.

Based on actual minutes played, Austin scores every 110 minutes and Paynter every 135.

Together they score 1.49 goals every game.

If Austin had played every minute of every game we've played this season and maintained his current scoring rate, he'd have scored 38 goals with 32 in the league.
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 06:47:18 »

How many penalties has Paynter scored this season ?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 06:55:18 »

How many penalties has Paynter scored this season ?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:20:04 »

Hence the words 'think', and 'possibly'.

I think it's possibly the case that Neville has made 4 consecutive posts without a pun, thereby creating a new record.
nevillew

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 10:23:53 »

I think it's possibly the case that Neville has made 4 consecutive posts without a pun, thereby creating a new record.

It's been that kind of a season Reg.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: