Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why was David "B" kicked out so quickly...  (Read 17788 times)
K-S-1982

« Reply #75 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:23:45 »

The very best a trip to league 2 can be is a wasted season. That's the best case scenario - we come back up and we are back to where we are now.

And that ain't a sure fire thing by a long chalk.

If anyone is in any doubt that relegation is short of disastrous they need to have a word with themself.

True, You only have to look at clubs like Bradford who expected to go straight back up and have been stuck there for years and don't look close to coming back up, They are more likely to go down again!
K-S-1982

« Reply #76 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:25:45 »

Weasel.....all clubs have Glorious/in Glorious past history.......so how long would you give Mr Wilson if our present plight continues......Danny Williams won us the League Cup......bring him back now!
I didnt say Byrne should be manager...but he was good with the players.......young and old and should have stayed in the set up in my opinion.

For what it is worth my opinion is his time was up after the Bristol Rovers debacle.....fact is he is here untill the seasons end at least.....and will get a new contract if we do stay up.
Frustrating as it has been this season i try to back him,but it is becoming increasingly hard....some people will have you believe that LG2 wont be so bad.....i wont be buying that.

He doesn't deserve one even if we stay up, This season has been a total failure and he needs to go at the season's end regardless of whether we stay up or not we need a change and a different approach.

I don't think Fitton will give him a new one anyway regardless.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:31:44 »

When we go down season ticket sales will drop considerably. If Wilson is still in charge I'd expect them to plummet even further. The pay on the day is going to be minimal and away support will be low. Unless we hit the ground running, we could well be in the shit. Players wages are high for this division let alone Div 4.
I can see what Reg is saying but its a bloody risky strategy.
K-S-1982

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:34:51 »

When we go down season ticket sales will drop considerably. If Wilson is still in charge I'd expect them to plummet even further. The pay on the day is going to be minimal and away support will be low. Unless we hit the ground running, we could well be in the shit. Players wages are high for this division let alone Div 4.
I can see what Reg is saying but its a bloody risky strategy.

I was thinking the same, If we go down season ticket sales will drop a lot anyway but if Wilson stays they would probably drop even more, If we stay up they will still drop anyway regardless of who is in charge because we got a lot of new season ticket holders this season who might not bother renewing next time round and again if we stay up and Wilson stays they will be even lower.

Also the fact that they are only the same price until 4th April means that our fate will still be undecided by then and a lot of people won't want to risk paying out a lot of money not knowing what League we will be in next season.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:35:06 »

Mrverve

Yes, I was waiting for a reaction....

However, why would any businessman invest millions of pounds in a football club and allow it to fail..?

I really don't think Fitton wants us to fail, let alone for those reasons. So please don't insult us with your theories.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:39:07 »

After all these posts...which has been very entertaining.

I suggest the simple question is....

Why has Fitton allowed Wison and Swindon to fail this season  ?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:41:23 »

because he has.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:44:55 »

It's relative...the sales in recent times of Henshall, Morrison, Cox, Greer, Austin have netted about 3 mill, of that we've spent approx 1 mill (including Cox initial fee) so 2 mill in, a profit announced at the last agm.

I don't suppose it will have gone unnoticed that a lot of the higher earners can be cleared out in the summer with a relegation, freeing up space for the recent acquisitions and probably the likes of Kennedy.

Given that in our last season in Div 4 gates were higher than previously in Div 3, it's quite conceivable another profit can be turned, which businessmen don't see as failure.
Oh come on Reg, do behave. The idea doesn't bear more than a cursory examination. Leaving aside the suggestion that anyone thinks a smart route to business success is going out of your way to build up your customer base then deliberately pissing them off by underdelivering on the main part of the product on an epic scale, the second part's fundamentally flawed as well. As pretty much everyone else has pointed out on a fairly regular basis, the idea that we'd definitely come straight back up or challenge in League Two is far from guaranteed, so the suggestion that you'd base a business strategy round it bears roughly two seconds' thought before dismissing it.

At this rate, they'll be able to make the good the losses by selling STFC-branded tinfoil helmets in the club shop.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:45:44 »

Weasel.....all clubs have Glorious/in Glorious past history.......so how long would you give Mr Wilson if our present plight continues......Danny Williams won us the League Cup......bring him back now!
I didnt say Byrne should be manager...but he was good with the players.......young and old and should have stayed in the set up in my opinion.

For what it is worth my opinion is his time was up after the Bristol Rovers debacle.....fact is he is here untill the seasons end at least.....and will get a new contract if we do stay up.
Frustrating as it has been this season i try to back him,but it is becoming increasingly hard....some people will have you believe that LG2 wont be so bad.....i wont be buying that.

Completely agree with this Leefer and I also agree with your comments a few pages back about being fed up of people not wanting to admit Fitton's made mistakes.  We are all thankful that he saved out club, but why should that mean he's adverse to criticism as some people clearly think he should?  He openly communicated the 5 year plan, but has made a number of mistakes/errors of judgement that have completely derailed this. If his involvement in team affairs is as heavy as some would lead us to believe, my concern is that similar things will be repeated in the future?  

It also surprises me that there are still people out there who don't seem too concerned about the fact we could playing League 2 football next season.  I appreciate what Reg is saying in relation to the last time we were in League 2, but I have my doubts gates would be anywhere near so high this time around.  I would guess that due to the current economic climate, money is probably tighter now than it was then, which would lower the pay on the day crowd.  There's hardly going to be a line-up of mouthwatering games is there, which are likely to pull people in off the street?  The majority of the season ticket holders who purchased on the back of last season will be unlikely to renew due to the crap they've seen this season, in fact I know a number of people who've had enough already and aren't attending now while Wilson remains in charge.  There's also a fair few on here who've said they won't be renewing for other reasons.  I honestly believe the Board have seriously underestimated the effect that leaving Wilson in charge for so long and the probably outcome of relegation could have.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:48:02 »

I honestly believe the Board have seriously underestimated the effect that leaving Wilson in charge for so long and the probably outcome of relegation could have.
No they haven't, it's a deliberate conspiracy hatched on a secret underground base hidden under a remote island in the Pacific
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:48:51 »

Reg, I honestly don't think Fitton has anything to gain by getting relegated this season regardless of any high earners leaving in that scenario. Also if you look at our attendance that season, we were averaging 7,500, about the same as we have been doing the last couple of seasons when we should be looking at promotion from this level. If we were to go down to League 2 we wouldn't have the crowds that we do now. The reason we averaged more in the promotion season was because it was a season of relative success and the previous one we were averaging around 6,000. We wont be averaging 8,500 in League 2 after the couple of seasons that we have had. No chance.

Robinz, I think that Fitton is giving Wilson until the end of the season (he probably has the belief, like 2 years ago, that Danny Wilson is the right man to get us out of this mess) and at the end of the season when Wilson's contract is up he won't renew it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:50:13 »

No they haven't, it's a deliberate conspiracy hatched on a secret underground base hidden under a remote island in the Pacific

Why hadn't I realised that, how silly of me?  Cheesy
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:53:23 »

Sorry Leefer, my point was in response to K-S-1982 who then edited his comment. I found it hilarious that some are using the magic of hindsight to say that they saw this season coming, that it was all fucked from Leeds away last year and Fitton should've known better and sacked Wilson back then. We got to fucking Wembley. Who sacks their manager after losing a play off final when they weren't even close to being 3rd favourites at the start of the season?

I agree with you that Wilson should have gone mid way through this season, at a time when another manager could come in and make changes. As soon as it was clear we weren't going to match or better last year, he should have gone. But he hasn't, and he's not going anywhere now.  Maybe Fitton didn't have a better option?

IMO Byrne would have been a shite manager. But I'd rather have him than Shirtliff as assistant. He was fun to watch on the sidelines and seemingly, a good scout.
K-S-1982

« Reply #88 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 21:59:13 »

Sorry Leefer, my point was in response to K-S-1982 who then edited his comment. I found it hilarious that some are using the magic of hindsight to say that they saw this season coming, that it was all fucked from Leeds away last year and Fitton should've known better and sacked Wilson back then. We got to fucking Wembley. Who sacks their manager after losing a play off final when they weren't even close to being 3rd favourites at the start of the season?

I agree with you that Wilson should have gone mid way through this season, at a time when another manager could come in and make changes. As soon as it was clear we weren't going to match or better last year, he should have gone. But he hasn't, and he's not going anywhere now.  Maybe Fitton didn't have a better option?

IMO Byrne would have been a shite manager. But I'd rather have him than Shirtliff as assistant. He was fun to watch on the sidelines and seemingly, a good scout.

I never said to sack Wilson last season, Please read my posts, I have only started to want wilson out since around the time when we lost at home to Yeovil.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 22:02:03 »

There are more sheep in Britain than here in New Zealand...trouble is the breed of sheep in Britain has only 2 legs...!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: