Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Considering Future  (Read 66477 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #465 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 21:23:51 »

I don't trust anyone who says he doesn't drink and then goes out and gets 'tipsy' on two pints of Guinness.

Or that 'taking up drinking' is a slow process. Balls to that. Anyone who ever took up drinking did so by drinking too much and probably puking up their stomach lining, either the same day or the following morning.
fatbasher

« Reply #466 on: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:49:47 »

I don't feel (not think or know) he will not go anywhere until the end of the season at the earliest. I try to think in terms of what would i do in his shoes?

Look at it like this.

a) I'm a rookie manager, I stay till the end of the season and get two promotions in my first two seasons on my cv and I take all the glory. If the right job comes along I can go with my head held up high.

b) I stay till the end of this season and we don't get promoted. I can leave blaming the take over on not being able to complete the job because my contract was compromised. I have one promotion and a top 6 finish on my cv. I can go if the rigt job comes along.

Either a or b and he can stay another season and see what happens as his contract is still in place under the assurances he got in the beginning, so if it all goes tits up and the new owners are as poor a church mouses then he can bugger of at anytime.

It is a win, win for him. I hope he stays and takes us in ot he premier league and europe with a new stadium.

And they all lived happily ever after. 

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 14:01:16 »

Well Paolo's not doing the pre-match presser this PM so read into this what you want...

I remain unconvinced that he would last very long at a bigger club where lets be honest the pressure would probably be 50x what it is here, we've seen the way that he reats if he doesnt get his own way or he gets his toys taken off him, that combined with the extra media pressure and possibly a club/chairman who doesnt bend to his every whim doesnt bode well. loo at managers in the upper leagues and the only ones who seem to have overall control are those who have been at clubs a very long time, its all very well us giving him £1m a year to piddle up the wall, in the premier thats £20m per annum, can you see a chairman risking that on an unproven manager.

Love him to bits and he has done wonders here but its a heck of a different world up top.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 14:44:02 »

Well Paolo's not doing the pre-match presser this PM so read into this what you want...

Maybe there is another press conference planned...takeover ratified?  Hmmm I don't think Di Canio will go in the short term (i.e before the end of the season) but I've been proved wrong before!

#VivaKenBarlow!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 14:59:54 »

Has anyone spotted Mike Newell tucking into a happy meal at the magic roundabout Burger King?
kerry red

« Reply #470 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:04:06 »

Well, if I see him it wont be a happy meal
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:07:36 »

PDC usually does his press conf's even if he refuses to discuss off field matters, this is not a good sign of everyone being happy, and with Morshead even refusing the alude to the unofficial reason for his no show.

Have to wait until tomorrow morning and see if anyone see;s the coach leaving and who's aboard

Maybe PDC is doing a bit of extra fitness training so he can add himself to the bench ofr tomorrow as we only have 2 subs available
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:12:17 »

fucking hell, logic and reason have clearly taken a holiday from the forum today
DMR

« Reply #473 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:12:42 »

Has anyone spotted Mike Newell tucking into a happy meal at the magic roundabout Burger King?

Get your franchises right!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:15:39 »

fucking hell, logic and reason have clearly taken a holiday from the forum today

Today? This train departed months ago.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 15:46:34 »

And immediately derailed ...
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 16:12:52 »

Only if he's now working for the Foods Standards Agency.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 16:18:07 »

Well, if I see him it wont be a happy meal
Ha ha, quality! Cheesy

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 16:49:08 »

Oh dear.

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, February 18, 2013, 18:33:07 »

It is a train to nowhere.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Up