Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Salford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23642 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 19:58:50 »

I haven’t watched many games this season but if Salford were rubbish or garbage then there must be some really shit teams in this league. I thought they moved the ball well when they had it defended well when they didn’t.

As for us…

Thing that frustrated me more than anything was when Harry and Barry got the ball outwide with a bit of space. It was always one touch, two touch, get closed down, go back to Reed or the full back or inside to one of the midfields or run at the full back and get crowded out.

Would have liked on occasion to see them just get it out their feet, open their foot up and put it on low and hard across the box. Give Davison something to go for, give the defenders & keeper something to deal with. I mean chance are Davison would have just been pushed/pulled/kicked the ground with the ref letting it go but no harm in trying.

Davison offer us nothing today imo. Not through his ability just that he had no protection from the ref who was extremely whistle happy with every other bit of physical contact. Think Davison had a moan to the ref about the one where the defender (was it Turnbull?) on the floor clearly lifted a leg up to kick Davison as he was going over/past him. Ref didn’t give it Davison has a moan, ref decided to give him noting all game. Even at the death we put a cross in and the defender had both hands on Davison shoulders in order to get above him to win the headers, soft but they get given as penalties these days.

Reed, was everywhere and always open for the pass. Which I think at times was a bit detrimental to the team. Reed is always open but is always usually your safe pass. At times it felt like when our players for further up the pitch it was like ‘I could take my man on but Reeds there’ or ‘I could try a through ball but  Reeds there’ or ‘I could whip this in the box but Reeds there’

Makes me wonder whether it’s great movement and play on Reeds part to always be available to receive the ball or whether Salford just left unmarked because they knew he’d be the safe option and the one we were most likely to take…I mean no doubt we’d struggle massively without him but possibly (on today’s showing at least) we need to less reliant on him being 5 yards backwards/sideways….
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:02:52 »

Why? New fans attending then won't come back if we lose. Same with any club.
Well, that’s obvioùsly not true is it. We’ve been shite almost all season at home, yet there were 10,000+ there today.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:08:21 »

Well, that’s obvioùsly not true is it. We’ve been shite almost all season at home, yet there were 10,000+ there today.

Clap Clap

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:12:02 »

Also thought Theo Vassell was solid as a rock for them at the back. Surprised on further googling to see he’s a Nation League/L2 journey man who only signed for them on a short term deal in November rather than someone on loan from a higher level just here for game time
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:16:52 »

First time ever in their EFL history that they’ve come from behind to win a game.

Barry 3 weeks, apparently. Hope McGirty isn’t out too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:18:59 »

An opening for Payne then!

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:29:08 »

I could only half watch today. I thought Salford were solid at the back and strong in midfield.

For us, we only seemed to offer a threat through McKirdy. Did he twist his ankle running away and celebrating the goal?

O'Brien out of position for at least 1 goal.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:50:32 »

I could only half watch today. I thought Salford were solid at the back and strong in midfield.

For us, we only seemed to offer a threat through McKirdy. Did he twist his ankle running away and celebrating the goal?

O'Brien out of position for at least 1 goal.
McKirdy got caught by the tackle from Turnbull that led to the corner we scored from.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 20:55:54 »

Nah. Not having that. I thought they were more than decent.

Probably the least threatening team at the CG all season. Just played it simple and waited to pounce on our mistakes. Fair play to them, took their chances.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 21:10:09 »

Have you never looked at their forum they constantly take the piss out of us so why not revel in a little fun when possible😀

Nah, got other stuff to occupy my time

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 21:14:29 »

Nah, got other stuff to occupy my time

I just don't get your bus station fascination Jumpy

So, give no fucks
A.N.Other

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 21:23:46 »

So as a season ticket holder and somebody that saw their first game in 1964, I thought I knew the rules of the game and the purpose of a referee. So vI watched in horror as Jonny Williams got sexually assaulted by a |Salford player, endless incidence4s of Davidson being rugby tackled to the ground, players tackled through from behind. I had no idea these things are now no longer fouls and  no longer criminal acts. As for Swindon, boys against men. Does that make Salford a bunch of paedo's?

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 21:27:57 »

I just don't get your bus station fascination Jumpy

Ok, thanks for that

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 21:34:18 »

Ok, thanks for that

My pleasure

So, give no fucks
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, February 27, 2022, 01:27:40 »

Very good attendance including loads of young kids which ( despite the result obviously) must be a good sign for the future.
I thought we were embarrassingly quiet after conceding though. We literally only sing when we’re winning. Need to do better and actually support the team vocally when they need it most.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: