Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EDIT: Pox tickets now on sale  (Read 29167 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 08:54:13 »

Half the retards on that forum think they'll finish top. But like oxford fan said - they are in fact retards.

To have a hatred of anything and anyone Swindon/North Wiltshire just because of a football rivalry is utterly pathetic and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that they are like this.

This is THE game for me, it'll mean the world to beat them, but away from football, Oxford is just Oxford. It's where I go to get a cheaper train to London and that's it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 09:25:42 »

Fuck that. I fucking hate Oxford. I hate the locals, the students, the fucking bicycles eveywhere, the "City of dreaming spires... - FUCK OFF, Harry Potter, Radiohead, the history... everything.

I fucking hate Oxford.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 09:32:55 »

Supergrass were good though....

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 09:41:37 »

I have no idea what Oxford expect from their season - mid table/play off flirt? Best case scenario beat us and make the play offs - would that be classed as a good season for them?

There are only 4 eligible clubs who've never made a FL PO in their 24 years of existence....Coventry, Exeter, Burton Albion aned O*ford.   Of these, Coventry have had 10 eligible seasons....Burton Albion 1.....Exeter 19 and O*ford 20.  Which makes them just about the least exciting team to follow the last quarter of a century.  The only decent season they had in those years was 95/96, when they trailed us by plenty as we took Div 3. Even then such was the excitment generated their average home attendance was 5800.

So against this background...you can see why they're getting excited...this is their best chance for years to do something. They have all the ingredients we don't...steady manager, stable squad, and summer additions who their fans have heard of.  They very much start v STFC as favourites for a second win at the CG in over 100 years.

It will take us a while to get any proper stomach churning excitement back...
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 09:49:37 »

They very much start v STFC as favourites for a second win at the CG in over 100 years.

That Reginald, is just simply not true i'm afraid.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 09:52:58 »

Supergrass were good though....

No, they really werent
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 10:40:14 »

No, they really werent

They had teeth, nice and clean though.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 10:44:52 »

I'm also very pleased that, as a fanbase, we don't define ourselves - like Oxford seem to - by our hatred of a local rival.  Being a Swindon fan is about loving STFC.  Being an Oxford fan, to many, seems to be based around a vitriolic, consuming hatred of ourselves.  I think that's really sad, and not particularly healthy.  Glad that my footballing allegiance grew up on the right side of the county line!

Get your nose out of the air because we're all the same.

I have no idea what Oxford expect from their season - mid table/play off flirt?

We did that last season. If the manager doesn't secure at the very least a playoff position there will be pressure on him, automatic promotion desirable.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 10:59:55 »

They very much start v STFC as favourites for a second win at the CG in over 100 years.

While i think it will be a close game to suggest we will be heavy underdogs is a joke.

We will easily be odds on with the bookies at this moment in time, clearly the first 3 games for each team could change this.
ArchieK

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:39:51 »

Of course you care about us. Our hatred is more than what yours is, I believe you about that, but I love Oxford United and during the football season I hate Sw*nd*n, you can do both there is nowhere that says you can't.....it's a rivalry whether you like it or not.
If you beat us you will gloat and take the piss even more about our dreadful record against you, it's natural and I would expect it. The same goes about the gloating IF we beat you. If you lose you'll say it doesn't matter there is bigger picture (promotion) to think about and that our record against you is still shit. If we lose I'll say it's because you scored more than us and deserved it (probably).
What do I expect from the season? Play offs....that's what I expect, whether we get there or not only time will tell. I cetainly don't think we'll walk it unlike MOST of your fans think your team will do. (yes I've read the thread about it).
Never making the football league play offs in our history....Hardly means our time has been boring does it? Milk cup win, numerous promotion + relegations, out of the league, back in the league with another wembley win, fighting mergers with another scummy football team, nearly going out of business all in 50 odd years.....not a boring time in my eyes.
Deep down you hate us as will be evident on the 21st.
We'll out sing you, we always do that will never be up for debate.
bobby

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:45:38 »

Question for you Reg not sure where I read it but is it true that Oxford has had a higher average attendance in something like 8 of the last 10 seasons we have been in the same league?
ArchieK

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:56:45 »

Question for you Reg not sure where I read it but is it true that Oxford has had a higher average attendance in something like 8 of the last 10 seasons we have been in the same league?
I doubt that's the case at all, after all we were at The Manor every time we've been in the same season which only held 9572
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 11:59:27 »

No....O*ford have only ever had a higher average twice in the 20 odd seasons of being in the same league.
Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 12:17:06 »

We'll out sing you, we always do that will never be up for debate.

yeah, but my dad's bigger than your dad.......
ArchieK

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2011, 12:21:54 »

yeah, but my dad's bigger than your dad.......
Highly unlikely...Mine is a right fat cunt
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: