Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Open letter from the trust  (Read 2100 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Today at 11:49:35 »

Whoever did this got it wrong. Trust STFC are the guy in the middle, with Swindon fans on the left!

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Today at 11:50:40 »

The Council are never going to buy back the ground, they will never justify spending the money to do so, regardless of what the contract says.
100% this, they are as stoney broke as every local council currently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Today at 11:51:11 »

bloke has an ego and wants to be liked - he'll release a statement later to say he'll do better next season

Yes. He absolutely would have read it and no doubt angry and hurt.

Perhaps it's time for a Forbes Australia article about those mean English football fans?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Today at 11:52:48 »

Who’s going to be taken outside first?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #94 on: Today at 12:02:59 »

Who’s going to be taken outside first?
Gunning I hope....go free young man.....as he limps away....Bang. New manager.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Today at 12:09:59 »

100% this, they are as stoney broke as every local council currently.
Maybe the threat of a buy back would suffice.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Today at 12:18:31 »

We really weren't. Dissenting voices were crushed. I think in order for the fanbase to unite behind the Trust they really need to front up, admit that their "due diligence" was a sham, that huge, potentially catastrophic mistakes were made and frankly look to build bridges with those (a subset of fans, if you will) that felt utterly alienated by the Clem love-in, given there were more red flags than a Soviet Victory Day Parade in Red Square.
I'm all for this latest statement but it leaves the elephant in the room that is the fact that the Trust brought us to this point, invited the cuckoos into the nest and then gave them the keys.

How in good faith could we look at any potential suitor that they back going forward without having had that self-reflection?
I think you need to let it go now to be honest. Todays letter shows their intentions now and that is what matters. The due dilligence they done at the time was they were convinced due to the court case that Clem was against Power, he never hid that he would be bringing in Hart and Austin and he along with many others myself included thought it would be the lesser of the 2 evils.

They,me and others were so fucking wrong obviously but i don't think that matters now it has happened and asking new board members to get involved in apologising is pointless.

If people are happy that the Trust have put a statement like this out and believe going forward that this current trust will be better than the old one then just get behind them. Arguing the toss now just will not help anyone and just cause more division again
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Today at 12:22:20 »

I think you need to let it go now to be honest. Todays letter shows their intentions now and that is what matters. The due dilligence they done at the time was they were convinced due to the court case that Clem was against Power, he never hid that he would be bringing in Hart and Austin and he along with many others myself included thought it would be the lesser of the 2 evils.

They,me and others were so fucking wrong obviously but i don't think that matters now it has happened and asking new board members to get involved in apologising is pointless.

If people are happy that the Trust have put a statement like this out and believe going forward that this current trust will be better than the old one then just get behind them. Arguing the toss now just will not help anyone and just cause more division again

I don't disagree with much of that. I just take umbrage when people say "we all fell for it"!

I do think they will have a credibility issue if/when they push forward a suitor though, and I think they'd be wise to work out how they frame that support given the mistakes of the past.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Today at 12:30:43 »

I’d agree with that, key thing is that the likes of Spencer are nothing to do with the Trust now so there are signs that they might start to fulfil their remit once again.

On a personal level some of the former board members have a lot to answer for but I don’t think they ever will.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Today at 12:32:02 »

Yeah, the Trust are Trigger's broom at this point, the bits you're (rightly) frustrated about have long since left the (notional) building.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Today at 12:40:59 »

It helps that the Trust has a person at the helm that can point to a successful career in running a SMB, at a profit and sold for a significant seven figure amount itself, with a turnover in excess of what STFC generate when it was sold.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: