Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread  (Read 66282 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:57:18 »

Only just woke up and had chance to comment!

Again, I'm absolutely gutted at losing to those cunts up the road...we didn't offer a lot and the game was poor. I couldn't watch the last 4 minutes after they scored and yet again thanks to TVP, who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Not putting enough coaches on to get back to the station and ended up getting in after midnight. I'd be happy to never go back there after this and last season.

Onwards to Saturday..!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 10:58:06 »

Well my crap record continues. Four derbies in my time of supporting Town and four heartbreaking defeats. Last night was awful though. Losing late on is never nice but to lose so late against Oxford?! That hurt. A lot.

Pretty awful match in all. Oxford were effective in thwarting us from playing the way we like to play and it got very frustrating towards the end; our players just didn't seem to want to get it into the box and instead were content with passing it sideways and, worst of all, backwards all the time. We were the better of two poor sides but if you can't finish your chances, you're never going to win.

Of the debutants, only Bessone and Coke came out of that with any credit. Bessone looks like he'll be a very useful addition: he was competent going forward and defensively and his relationship with De Vita/Roberts will only improve. Coke also grew into the game as the match went on and clearly has a lot of skill, though at times he was too slow to release the ball and needs to play at the pace Swindon play at. Rooney was completely ineffective for most of the game, but he was played out of the position on the wing. When moved up front, he had a little more about him, but did waste a pretty good opportunity and could've passed instead of shot. Ward was the worst of the bunch and has to have had one of the worst debuts I've ever seen. He seemed to contradict all that I'd heard about him: he was pretty crap in the air (admittedly against a very tall hoofball team), was constantly hoofing it and was at fault for the goal. It's interesting that a defence that has been so solid over the past year is now making mistakes (Preston & Oxford) - think we'll improve when Archibald-Henville is back and Roberts and Ritchie on the wings can only improve our team.

Not going to use the 'it's only the JPT' excuse some of our fans were using on Twitter. JPT or not, Oxford are our fiercest rivals and I really wanted to win that one. We move onto Leyton Orient on Saturday now, though, where a win is an absolute necessity for me.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 11:09:45 »

Should have been 7.5 points with Gift Aid

Forgot about that. soapy tit wank
Spud

« Reply #513 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 12:19:08 »

I'm embarrassed by those that are using the 'It's only the JPT!' line. If it's so pointless, then why did they go to the game?!

I still can't get over the fact that Oxford were fucking awful and the one time we knocked it about with a good through ball, we were in on goal (Giles Coke's hurried spooned effort in the first half!), just a shame that was only one of the two times that we managed to do so.

Oxford being camped on their 18 yard line whilst we knocked it about was a repeat of last seasons game.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 12:28:55 »

I'm embarrassed by those that are using the 'It's only the JPT!' line. If it's so pointless, then why did they go to the game?!

I bet they were the first in the queue for final ticekts last season though.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 13:18:53 »

I bet they were the first in the queue for final ticekts last season though.

There was no queue.  Tickets were sold online!
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 13:33:49 »

There was no queue.  Tickets were sold online!

You get the point though.
caveman

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 13:35:59 »

only good thing from last night was some lad on our coach from the train station pissing himself
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:11:54 »

Paolo Di Canio blames Aden Flint for Swindon Town exit...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19506410

I'm really not comfortable with this keep publicly blaming players stuff...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
stfcinbmth

« Reply #519 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:19:41 »

It's wearing a bit thin

Why make so many changes in the first place, bring the new players in gradually

JPT Final springs to mind
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:20:41 »

Paolo clearly hasn't played FM Flint will have a big 'unh' next to his name now.
kerry red

« Reply #521 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:35:44 »

Getting on my tits now - win together, lose together
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:40:01 »

Expected better things from our new boys...not entirely surpised as Oxford seem to have a hold over us at the moment. We need time for all these new players and combinations to settle in. I suspect that might take a little longer than we were originally thinking. It took a while last season and all came good, so not particular concerned at the moment. Only DiCanio `one stop short of Upton Park` behaviour is the most troublesome thing at the moment.

I used to work for a company who`s policy was based on blame culture and it doesn`t work, needless to say.....

Who needs the JPT anyway...play off final will do instead.

Roll on Saturday

Bathtime
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:40:48 »

I'm going to be the first to say it, I've had enough of this bollocks, SSWS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:41:37 »

Shut the fuck up Paolo.

Nothing good comes from having a go at him in public, if he wants to tear Flint a new arse hole then do it in private.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: