Pages: 1 ... 3448 3449 3450 [3451] 3452 3453 3454 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9061844 times)
MrGudz

Ignore
« Reply #51750 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:54:16 »

Scott Dann, just released by Reading, fits the mould for the type of experienced CB that the Claytons & FBT's would benefit from playing alongside

I imagine his wages would pretty steep...?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #51751 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 19:49:12 »

I imagine his wages would pretty steep...?

He's a 34 yr old CB that struggled to get a regular game at a relegated Championship side and is now without a club so he's not got a wage. There are plenty like him that don't find clubs at all every year.

..never go back.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51752 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:39:29 »

Labadie, Monthe and Kinsella all released by Walsall
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #51753 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:53:41 »

Monthe I like.
Would be an asset against big strong central strikers but might struggle with smaller, pacier forwards.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #51754 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 16:56:37 »

Monthe is the exact type of centre-back we have lacked in recent years. Maybe not the greatest with his feet, but there were plenty of occasions last season where we could have done with a Monthe-like centre-back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #51755 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:08:21 »

Monthe seems to have not maintained his form from his days at Tranmere, but is still only 28, and was a really powerful CB only a couple of years ago. Kinsella has been player of the season 2 of the last 3 years so you'd think would be worth a look. Might anchor that midfield nicely. Has played right back as well so gives the ability to switch to a back 4 when required too.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51756 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:20:39 »

Monthe is the exact type of centre-back we have lacked in recent years. Maybe not the greatest with his feet, but there were plenty of occasions last season where we could have done with a Monthe-like centre-back.

Well we had MacDonald but we had two issues there, his rumoured issues and the fact we had to persist with trying to make him play with it when he was shite with the ball.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51757 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:22:52 »

Labadie, Monthe and Kinsella all released by Walsall

Reckon 2 out of those 3 might end up here. Certainly Kinsella for one. As for the other - not completely sure, but Monthe is an absolute bull of a centre back we have been missing for a while. Head and kick everything kind of player.

I remember when Monthe played RB for Tranmere and I was convinced he was going to be easy pickings for whoever played LW for us at the time. (I think it might have been Kayne Woolery) Monthe absolutely bossed him that day, a tremendous defensive performance.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #51758 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:26:43 »

I signed Monthe for Swindon on FIFA and I got promoted that very season, so he gets my vote

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #51759 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:31:07 »

Months alongside Clayton and FBT would work for me. He wouldn't have to play passes out from the back so much in a three as he'd have more chance to just give it to one of them and let them do his passing for him.

..never go back.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #51760 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 17:51:29 »

Months alongside Clayton and FBT would work for me. He wouldn't have to play passes out from the back so much in a three as he'd have more chance to just give it to one of them and let them do his passing for him.

I know you can equally say the same about 2 right footers but Clayton and FBT at CB together didn’t really do it for me when we saw it. Made us unbalanced as they’re both heavily left footed and stifled us a bit playing out. Although I guess if we’re not going to be as focused on playing it out from the back every time and focusing on them just defensively then it’s a different story.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #51761 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 18:54:17 »

I know you can equally say the same about 2 right footers but Clayton and FBT at CB together didn’t really do it for me when we saw it. Made us unbalanced as they’re both heavily left footed and stifled us a bit playing out. Although I guess if we’re not going to be as focused on playing it out from the back every time and focusing on them just defensively then it’s a different story.

This is no way a dig, pop or anything else either you or anyone else might think. What has gone before won’t be what goes on next season. I’ve seen the retained list like you and everyone else. For me i’m giving everyone a clean sheet. We have a new manager and a nucleus of a squad (20?) to start next season. Add on the incoming bodies and the possibility of some retained leaving, yes leaving it’s possible and loanees coming in the whole make up, style of play will and should be a lot different. This in turn could have a positive impact on players you or others don’t have, shall we say a lot of time for or confidence in?

As I said recently we’ve had players who have been shit here go one and do well elsewhere and vice versa so way, way to soon IMHO to speculate on an individuals and on overall team performance’s.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #51762 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:11:47 »

This is no way a dig, pop or anything else either you or anyone else might think. What has gone before won’t be what goes on next season. I’ve seen the retained list like you and everyone else. For me i’m giving everyone a clean sheet. We have a new manager and a nucleus of a squad (20?) to start next season. Add on the incoming bodies and the possibility of some retained leaving, yes leaving it’s possible and loanees coming in the whole make up, style of play will and should be a lot different. This in turn could have a positive impact on players you or others don’t have, shall we say a lot of time for or confidence in?

As I said recently we’ve had players who have been shit here go one and do well elsewhere and vice versa so way, way to soon IMHO to speculate on an individuals and on overall team performance’s.

Don’t disagree with any of that but my point was more about balance in CB pairings in general. I feel the same about 2 right footers, there’s a balance to be found when trying to play the ball out from the back and usually a combination of one right footer and one left footer seems to be more balanced. Like the Wellens title winning season we had Fryers and Baudry as left footers and REG, Conroy (although injured) and on emergency Grant as right footers. That mattered that year as we were playing out from the back much like last season it mattered and having 2 left footers seemed to unbalance us when playing out which was our important first phase of build up.

In the Di Canio title winning season we eventually settled on Flint and McCormack at CB who were both right footed but it mattered less as our play wasn’t as focused on building out from the back as vital.

It’s not a slight or dig at any of the named players as defenders, more about how it affects us in possession. If we’re not as reliant on playing out from the back next season then I’d be fine with a FBT and Clayton partnership but if we are then I’d have doubts on the balance of it when we’re trying to play out. Both seem like perfect “left hand side of a back 3” options.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #51763 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 19:43:42 »

Again less of an issue in a 3, as long as the 3rd one is a right footer.

..never go back.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51764 on: Friday, May 19, 2023, 21:12:42 »

Walsall fans seem to think both Kinsella and Hayden White are on their way to the CG.
Pages: 1 ... 3448 3449 3450 [3451] 3452 3453 3454 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: