Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 31956 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:04:14 »

I still love Paolo. I think he did a fantastic job. He made mistakes but someone else is going to benefit from it. I wish him the very best and i hope he goes on to have a fanstastic career and we can look back at it and say proudly he started it here.
I have no problem him leaving the way he did and I admire him for keeping his principles.
I'm not bitter towards him but I am really fucking bitter about what has happened.
Shawnclose number1forward

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:40:16 »

The problem with Mr Mccory is he forgets what he has said.. at the Supporters meeting he said he would not leave Banbury for Swindon he is now saying to supporters would you mind if I left ?? on investment I believe the new stand seats were donated and fitted by supporters, cans of painted were donated by Dulux ,tatty secondhand furniture was brought in from a local night club for the clubhouse. I reckon the playing budget is the same as last season, so I ask again what investment and would it matter if Jed did leave ?? the supporters are the ones that deserve a pat on the back.   
Shawnclose number1forward

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:41:09 »

Banburyian Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:08 pm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:48:31 »

Banburyian Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Huh?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:49:28 »

What exactly has he had to put up with?

I make it one player being sold without his knowledge and uncertainty over the ownership of the club for about a month.

I could understand if it was making his job impossible but he has been exceeding expectations all season and since selling our best player we've moved to the top of the table. He will last no more than 5 minutes at most clubs when he experiences the problems most managers have to face every day of the week.

Just cannot agree with that Jonny..

Anyone who forgets what Paolo did for the club should look at the league table and also the highlights of lasts nights match...it was all down to Paolo.
It was obvious he wanted to stay.......other peoples actions made sure that didn't happen.

Of course he made you grimace at times in some of his actions,but there is no way that he would ever want to walk away.....and i for one does not feel bitter and betrayed...not by Paolo anyway.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:51:30 »

I said literally the same on one of the threads last night, although I think I used slightly more harsh language.

Probably..................potty mouth
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:52:46 »

Whilst Paolo has given me many many great memories, Danny Wilson/Danny Ward/Stephen Derby gave me mine. Paolo could have eclipsed it, had he stayed.

Paul Bodin gave me mine...20 years ago this May...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Talk Talk

« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:59:54 »

I said literally the same on one of the threads last night, although I think I used slightly more harsh language.

Potty mouth.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:01:51 »

Jed's just tweeted 'Welcome back Fraser Digby'

We've got our new (temporary?) goalkeeping coach!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:03:25 »

Nah, he's just had some shampoo and a comb returned.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:05:54 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:04:00 »

Another body to add to the bench for Saturday then  Wink

#VivaKenBarlow!
Talk Talk

« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:04:28 »

Nah. We are selling Wes and need cover.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:11:19 »

Just cannot agree with that Jonny..

Anyone who forgets what Paolo did for the club should look at the league table and also the highlights of lasts nights match...it was all down to Paolo.
It was obvious he wanted to stay.......other peoples actions made sure that didn't happen.

Of course he made you grimace at times in some of his actions,but there is no way that he would ever want to walk away.....and i for one does not feel bitter and betrayed...not by Paolo anyway.

I'm not debating or knocking his achievements.

I think he's made a mountain out of a molehill and when (if) he goes to another club he'll quickly realise just how good he had it here. When you see someone as calm and restrained as Wenger losing the plot during a press conference, what chance does Paolo have at the top level?

Don't feel particularly bitter, betrayed or annoyed. It's his decision, life goes on, we're top of the league. But I feel let down - he continually goes on about loyalty and respect all the time but has shown fuck all of either to the fans and players this week.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:13:57 »

If we're going to be without a manager for a while, having players like Digby around can only help.

Is there anyone else we can round up?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 23:17:37 »

If we're going to be without a manager for a while, having players like Digby around can only help.

Is there anyone else we can round up?

I'm honestly surprised Bodin hasn't been put in temporary charge. He hasn't even been mentioned to help out Ward and Miller.

Strange.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: