Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford Vs Swindon Official Matchday Thread  (Read 66169 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #525 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:43:18 »

I'm appalled at Paolo's approach to management, I'd have thought he would have learned from last season that it doesn't work. 
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:43:36 »

I think a large bout of 'he's here, he's there, he's every fucking where, Aden Flint' is needed.

EDIT: When he's on the pitch, or we'll look a bit oxford.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:03:11 by walcot red » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 14:54:37 »

Can we at least do it when he's on the pitch though?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Flashheart

« Reply #528 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:20:22 »

I wonder how Aiden flint, for example, feels about being at a successful club winning medals and being bathed in glory.

I wonder which he would prefer, working under Paolo and his perceived faults, or mulling about at a mid-table team not really doing much.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:24:12 »

I wonder how Aiden flint, for example, feels about being at a successful club winning medals and being bathed in glory.

I wonder which he would prefer, working under Paolo and his perceived faults, or mulling about at a mid-table team not really doing much.
It doesn't have to be all or nothing though does it? Di Canio did well last season, he's largely done well so far this season. That doesn't mean he can't improve. And one way some people think he might be able to improve is by not tearing a strip off individual players in public every time we lose. They may be wrong, but you don't need to jump down their throats every time someone suggests that maybe there's ways Di Canio could do things differently which might be better (even if, granted, he's not very likely to)
Flashheart

« Reply #530 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:26:54 »

Was my question not a fair one?

Perhaps going 'all or nothing' is having a positive effect on performances overall. Why are people making the assumption that their way is the better way?

And how the fuck is me making a comment jumping down anybody's throat? Am I to just keep my opinions to myself, is that how it works?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:28:20 »

Perhaps he has looked at his players and decided that they are strong enough characters to take being hauled across the coals in front of the public.  Perhaps he has decided that it does them good and motivates them.  Perhaps I dont know the fucking players and dont spend 30 hours a week with them but I still know better than anyone else.

Perhaps today Im tired and grumpy.

Never knowingly overstated.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:29:31 »

So why did single out Flint for his mistake, and not one of our strikers who didn't score, they're as just to blame for our loss yesterday.
Flashheart

« Reply #533 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:29:47 »

What are you doing Paul?

Why are you jumping down my throat because I don't share the same view? Or perhaps it only works one way?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:30:49 »

Perhaps he has looked at his players and decided that they are strong enough characters to take being hauled across the coals in front of the public.  Perhaps he has decided that it does them good and motivates them.  Perhaps I dont know the fucking players and dont spend 30 hours a week with them but I still know better than anyone else.

I think thats a fair argument, rather than just stating his way is always right because he won the league last season.

FWIW, I think PDC DOES need to reign it in, and publicly lambasting individual players will do more harm than good in the long run. But I don't know Aden Flint - maybe he responds well to this kind of stuff.

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #535 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:32:58 »

Perhaps he has looked at his players and decided that they are strong enough characters to take being hauled across the coals in front of the public.  Perhaps he has decided that it does them good and motivates them.  Perhaps I dont know the fucking players and dont spend 30 hours a week with them but I still know better than anyone else.

Everybody knows better than the manager. We'd win every game if the fans were in charge,
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:35:24 »

Everybody knows better than the manager. We'd win every game if the fans were in charge,

And it's statements like that which are fucking stupid.

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #537 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:38:39 »

And it's statements like that which are fucking stupid.

No it isn't fucking stupid because that's how fans act at times. Perhaps Paolo does these things because he actually knows what he is doing and is very well qualified, yet still people with zero experience decide that PDC should do things their way.

Why so fucking arsey anyway? It's funny how people that promote people's right to an opinion the loudest seem to forget that when they don't agree with another's opinion.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:40:20 by Flashheart » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:39:16 »

Was my question not a fair one?
It was perfectly reasonable

And how the fuck is me making a comment jumping down anybody's throat? Am I to just keep my opinions to myself, is that how it works?
Not at all, and it wasn't so much the one comment, more the tendency as soon as anyone says anything critical about or even questioning of Di Canio's methods for the instant rebuttal team to be straight in there. Sorry, "jumping down people's throat" was a bit strong. More a case that there's a tendency (and not just from you) to meet any questioning of Di Canio's methods with a zero-sum "Well, it's working isn't it?". And you do seem to be very sensitive to even the mildest criticism of the great man.

I think joteddy was making a similar complaint last night.
Flashheart

« Reply #539 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 15:42:27 »

joteddy makes similar comments all the time. It's not the comments themselves, it's just that the record needs changing and I am not the first to notice it.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: