Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Back to the good old days  (Read 1645 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 18:41:16 »

Sorry to start another thread, but are we going back to the good old days  -  the Friday statement.  I miss that, and Mr Whippy and Uncle Bob Crying
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 18:42:21 »

Ha ha i expect some kind of statement tomorrow actually. Yay Friday statements were ace.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 18:44:23 »

I expect tomorrows statement wont be at about 5 to 5 like they used to be.

Hopefully nice and early, so we can all start moaning about the manager!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 18:51:26 »

I reckon about 2 or 3PM myself.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 18:51:54 »

Sorry to start another thread, but are we going back to the good old days  -  the Friday statement.  I miss that, and Mr Whippy and Uncle Bob Crying

Do you remember the Good Old Days, on the moving picture screen Ronnie?

My parents loved it....I guess it reminded them of their youth.  It was based around traditional music hall the like of which you got at the Empire Theatre in Swindon. I hated it, apart from the presenter Leonard Sachs, who did it for years, and used to introduce acts with the most flowery of language punctuated with long words like prestidigitation.

fB will know Leonard as an occasional actor in Dr Who.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 19:03:21 »

My parents loved it....I guess it reminded them of their youth.  It was based around traditional music hall the like of which you got at the Empire Theatre in Swindon. I hated it, apart from the presenter Leonard Sachs, who did it for years, and used to introduce acts with the most flowery of language punctuated with long words like prestidigitation.

Sorry to disappoint Reg, the closest we came to the Empire Theatre (or telly) out in the sticks was when we got hold of a copy of the Adver, usually two days late - nothing changes does it, the news in the good old Adver is still two days late!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 19:18:31 »

Down at the old Bull & Bush.................

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 19:21:13 »

Down at the old Bull & Bush.................

That's the one..

I guess it's no different from old has beens who try to recreate their lost youth by going to Take That gigs really.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 20:04:50 »

They better fucking announce it tomorrow. My productivity has been shite this week due to a substantial rise in my internet browsing time.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 20:13:51 »

They better fucking announce it tomorrow. My productivity has been shite this week due to a substantial rise in my internet browsing time.

Likewise.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 20:27:14 »

That's the one..

I guess it's no different from old has beens who try to recreate their lost youth by going to Take That gigs really.

My father was a commissionaire at the Empire for a while when I was a nipper, and sneaked us in for free sometimes. It was often nearly empty, Swindon folk aren't big attenders are they. He told me stories about Fleming, and raved about Maurice owen which helped start me on the football road.

ust be the oldest
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, December 19, 2008, 16:12:25 »

Well, well, the Friday statement from Mr Fitton is on the OS (and reported in another thread!).  Fucking hell, this is getting silly now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: