Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio praises Spencer role  (Read 13946 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 09:49:27 »

All joking apart, neither am I. Who's Parry?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 09:51:39 »

All joking apart, neither am I. Who's Parry?

It's who my phone thinks is Patey
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 09:53:11 »

It's who my phone thinks is Patey
Cheesy

I thought it had been reported that Parry was on a salary of 60k?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 09:58:52 »

Agents.....seen as nastyness to most but it has been said that it was Spencer who persuaded Paolo to come to Swindon so if that is true then we have to show a little gratutude.

I am a little worried that the new owners maybe a mix of people who want and think they can do a job here but have very little capital to offer...if any.
I am hoping that the next owners has money and ambition...we need to swim ahead to the Championship...and not tread water.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 10:38:40 »

I am a little worried that the new owners maybe a mix of people who want and think they can do a job here but have very little capital to offer...if any.
I am hoping that the next owners has money and ambition...we need to swim ahead to the Championship...and not tread water.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record on this (so sorry in advance), but I'm going to be highly suspicious of any new ownership that does not have a clear intention to either redevelop or relocate.  (And personally, I have a preference for the former.)  No ground plans, for me, will smack of wanting to tread water (best case) or something worse.  Because the ground is now the elephant in the room.  You can't go on ignoring it much longer...and the Club's longer term prospects depend on bringing the stadium in to this century.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 10:51:54 »

I know I'm sounding like a broken record on this (so sorry in advance), but I'm going to be highly suspicious of any new ownership that does not have a clear intention to either redevelop or relocate.  (And personally, I have a preference for the former.)  No ground plans, for me, will smack of wanting to tread water (best case) or something worse.  Because the ground is now the elephant in the room.  You can't go on ignoring it much longer...and the Club's longer term prospects depend on bringing the stadium in to this century.

The TE was built closer to the 19th Century, than the 21st....I'm glad to see you've opted for a bit of perspective on matters, rather than the  Clap of many on here.

It is difficult though to see how a redevelopment/relocate might be funded, without a very rich benefactor, and we've just been through some of these with nothing happening.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:04:17 »

I imagine Spencer has made a pretty penny out of PdC's time here... still not completely comfortable with him.
agree. The future of stfc has to be the no1 concern. Not convinced that will be the case for Spencer.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:08:16 »

I'm glad to see you've opted for a bit of perspective on matters, rather than the  Clap of many on here.

The thing is Reg, I imagine that every single one of has has concerns similar to Ardiles'. What we aren't doing though is acting as though our worst fears have already been confirmed, because they haven't. Not even close.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:25:01 »

There has been no authoritative explanation of what has been going on in the boardroom (as opposed to reasoned theories) and so it is with our future. 

Surprisingly, given the quality of the board members, I do find the way the sale is being handled to have become unprofessional and Patey to be lacking in PR skills (strangely for a diplomat).

No more hints about Sheikh Wiki Waleed, shame.
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:28:59 »

Surprisingly, given the quality of the board members, I do find the way the sale is being handled to have become unprofessional

How so?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:57:17 »

I think Patey's use of the A word was naive in the extreme and helped send out a fire sale message whereas the broadening of the investment base with an opportunity for control at the beginning of the season was a much more balanced line which invited little adverse speculation.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:58:58 »

unless you meant "how so" to the quality of the board members? Wink
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:04:29 »

I would like to think that ground development would be a priority. In order for this club to be sustainable it needs to generate extra income and it could do this through the development. As the existing owners hav found they have had to shoulder most of the financial burden. Just getting promotion alone is not enough we need to build something for the future.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:46:45 »

I would like to think that ground development would be a priority. In order for this club to be sustainable it needs to generate extra income and it could do this through the development. As the existing owners hav found they have had to shoulder most of the financial burden. Just getting promotion alone is not enough we need to build something for the future.

I think everybody knows this...but the question remains, how can it be financed? The Board ( effectively now the ex Board), had a look at the sort of things, that might be included as an income driver and seemingly drew a blank.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 12:48:33 »

I think Patey's use of the A word was naive in the extreme and helped send out a fire sale message whereas the broadening of the investment base with an opportunity for control at the beginning of the season was a much more balanced line which invited little adverse speculation.

I'm no fan of Patey (I don't think as fans we were ever expected to be) however how has he used the "a" word unprofessionally? I've only heard him respond when asked following Chris Wise's scaremongering article. When he did answer it was neither in the positive or negative - which I should imagine was fair enough a week ago when in early discussions on any potential takeover.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: