Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Greetings form East End of Glasgow!  (Read 18016 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 14:47:53 »

Ok i know this forum and my views will obviously be different but to compare the SPL to Leauge One is a bit a low.

SPL is on par with the Championship with the Old Firm pipping into the Premiership. Hearts, Hibernian, Dundee Utd and Motherwell i actually think would do decently well in the Championship.
Absolute rubbish.

Here's an example for you, start of 09/10 season a player left us to join the side that finished 4th in the SPL the previous season. The player in question was arguably 4/5th choice in his position here and surplus to requirements. What does that say about the standard of your league? That's not my only example as there is plenty.

The amount of has beens in the SPL is on par with League 1/2. To suggest the SPL is on par with the Championship is a laughable statement.

The standard up there is getting worse and worse.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 14:54:11 »

Absolute rubbish.

Here's an example for you, start of 09/10 season a player left us to join the side that finished 4th in the SPL the previous season. The player in question was arguably 4/5th choice in his position here and surplus to requirements. What does that say about the standard of your league? That's not my only example as there is plenty.

The amount of has beens in the SPL is on par with League 1/2. To suggest the SPL is on par with the Championship is a laughable statement.

Who was 4th or 5th choice? you referring to Ifil who was practically in and out the first time his whole time here and can hardly be classed as a reserve.  Plus it was Mark McGhee who bought him and he is a clueless cunt, it still doesn't make the rest of the league shit!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 15:32:36 »

Greer
Cuthbert
Jean-Francois
Morrison
Ifil/Aljofree?
amcc

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 16:17:56 »

Absolute rubbish.

Quite stupid how you didnt qoute his name? If you are talking about Ifil or whatever his name is - he is proper shite.

Although with their youths are goning to big names in a few years time: Macguire, Fyvie, Jack, Grimmer, Pawlet, Paton.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 19:08:53 »

Would Charlie run the risk of leaving though due to the ex player curse...see Parkin, Cox, Greer for examples of how your career does not always move forward when you leave.

Who was the last player to leave that has gone on to have a succesful career and improve themself away from town

Parkin i'll give you. Cox is more debateable, though can understand how you'd come to that conclusion. Greer? fuck right off

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 19:52:27 »

Quite stupid how you didnt qoute his name? If you are talking about Ifil or whatever his name is - he is proper shite.

Although with their youths are goning to big names in a few years time: Macguire, Fyvie, Jack, Grimmer, Pawlet, Paton.

Hearts are going to beat Celtic to second this season anyhow! 'Mon the JTs!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
amcc

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 20:35:07 »

We'll see  Too Cool
glos_robin

« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 20:57:17 »

2 things say everything about the standard of the SPL.  Firstly Kris Boyd & Scott McDonald pretty much end any argument alone if I'm honest...... 2 big scorers in the SPL over recent seasons but looking out of their depth and struggling in the Championship by all accounts. Factor in the dream management duo of Terry Butcher & Maurice Malpas plying their trade in the SPL and you know everything you need to know about the standard of the league.

I've got a soft spot for Scottish football as my mums side of the family have season tickets at Aberdeen but honestly take out out Rangers, Celtic & possibly Hearts and your mid-table league 1 standard at best.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 13:16:38 »

2 things say everything about the standard of the SPL.  Firstly Kris Boyd & Scott McDonald pretty much end any argument alone if I'm honest...... 2 big scorers in the SPL over recent seasons but looking out of their depth and struggling in the Championship by all accounts. Factor in the dream management duo of Terry Butcher & Maurice Malpas plying their trade in the SPL and you know everything you need to know about the standard of the league.

I've got a soft spot for Scottish football as my mums side of the family have season tickets at Aberdeen but honestly take out out Rangers, Celtic & possibly Hearts and your mid-table league 1 standard at best.

Unfair comments on Boyd and McDonald as Middlesbrough have been utter gash this year so it has been challenging for them to even get shots let alone goals.  Boyd remains one of the best poachers you will see at any level.  Boyd has 5 goals in 14 starts this season which is not an awful record either in a terrible team.

To mock the management duo of Butcher and Malpas is short sighted to say the least as well as they are currently doing one of the best management jobs around, for them to have got a club like Inverness consistently getting good results in Scotts Prem is nothing short of miraculous.
DMR

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 14:51:27 »

Parkin i'll give you. Cox is more debateable, though can understand how you'd come to that conclusion. Greer? fuck right off

Parkin was the best striker we'd had for yonks. Injuries ruined him - no-one can argue he didn't warrant taking the step up when he left.

Cox is gonna be quality.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 18:11:29 »

He was saying there careers haven't progressed, not whether they deserved a step up

Things get better but they never get good
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 08:48:16 »

He was saying there careers haven't progressed, not whether they deserved a step up

Correct, Cox has not played many games since he left, Greer has been cursed with sendings off and injury only just getting settled, Parkin has been best with injuries

I can't recall a player leaving here for many years who has (so far) been a sucess where they went, do we go back to the era of Horlock & Calderwood or even Mooney ?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #87 on: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 08:49:41 »

Brian Howard is one.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #88 on: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 09:45:18 »

Correct, Cox has not played many games since he left, Greer has been cursed with sendings off and injury only just getting settled, Parkin has been best with injuries

I can't recall a player leaving here for many years who has (so far) been a sucess where they went, do we go back to the era of Horlock & Calderwood or even Mooney ?
Cox has been pretty much involved in every game this season in the premier league. Bet he is gutted

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 09:47:03 »

and i'm sure his bank balance isn't suffering either...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: