Pages: 1 ... 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2043280 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7590 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 16:44:58 »

It should be noted on Die in a Ditch Day, that HMG Tory government has so far wasted £6.3 Bn of our money on pointless Brexit things, like money to ferry opeators with no boats, TV ad campaigns for what happens tomorrow when we've left the EU, and minting before melting down commemorative coins.

This added to the loss of investment caused by Johnson's fuck business approach to manufacturing, has already cost each voter a significant sum. 

If Johnson gets to put through his deal HMG's own figures reckon at least a 6% hit to GDP.

All of this so that Cameron could  pull back the UKIP tendency in his party, who now rule the roost and the "moderates" have either been purged or are scuttling before this election.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7591 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 16:48:28 »

Look on the bright side Reg, their manifesto is being co-written by a former member of the Revolutionary Communist Party!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #7592 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 16:58:18 »

Makes sense to slash the education funding if polling suggests that those with low educational value will vote for you anyway.

Yes My point exactly. The Republicans lead the way on this.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #7593 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 18:07:28 »

Could do without Trump sticking his oar in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50252285

At least the Russkis will be a bit more subtle when they get round to it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7594 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 18:44:56 »

They will be already, but we won't get to know about it because Johnson is blocking the release of the report on Russian interference in UK elections. Wonder why? Surely not related to te significant donations to his campaign from Russian business interests?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7595 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 19:23:57 »

D. Trump: "It's not for us to have anything to do with your health system.  It's just about trade"

Soundbites from lying politicians who know that Farage, the BBC etc will not counter them and indeed that anyone who does will be too lengthy or boring to catch anyone's attention.

But get ready for more expensive medication from the USA (trade) and all sorts of US "requirements" and "enforcement mechanisms" that will tie the NHS's procurement hands (whose bulk buying helps make medicine purchase here SO MUCH CHEAPER than in the US).

The cunning label to look out for is "valuing innovation"

Be very aware that the US already has a detailed strategy to open our NHS to US Pharma.  The objective is not to make the acquisition of medicine cheaper for the NHS.   Trump waffle is for Turkeys living for the moment and having no interest in the destination of the lorry in which they are travelling.  

Here is the outline strategy upon which no one actually questions Johnson or Trump.

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/Summary_of_U.S.-UK_Negotiating_Objectives.pdf

Obv. don't read it unless you really do believe what Trump and Johnson say about the NHS and trade deals with the USA.  They will impose a host of legal obligations on the UK - or we won't have a trade deal to speak of.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7596 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 19:27:09 »

D. Trump: "It's not for us to have anything to do with your health system.  It's just about trade"

Soundbites from lying politicians who know that Farage, the BBC etc will not counter them and indeed that anyone who does will be too lengthy or boring to catch anyone's attention.

But get ready for more expensive medication from the USA (trade) and all sorts of US "requirements" and "enforcement mechanisms" that will tie the NHS's procurement hands (whose bulk buying helps make medicine purchase here SO MUCH CHEAPER than in the US).

The cunning label to look out for is "valuing innovation"

Be very aware that the US already has a detailed strategy to open our NHS to US Pharma.  The objective is not to make the acquisition of medicine cheaper for the NHS.   Trump waffle is for Turkeys living for the moment and having no interest in the destination of the lorry in which they are travelling.  

Here is the outline strategy upon which no one actually questions Johnson or Trump.

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/Summary_of_U.S.-UK_Negotiating_Objectives.pdf

Obv. don't read it unless you really do believe what Trump and Johnson say about the NHS and trade deals with the USA.  They will impose a host of legal obligations on the UK - or we won't have a trade deal to speak of.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/31/us-style-healthcare-nhs-patients-election-health
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7597 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 19:32:10 »

Dispatches did a programme this week about the secret meetings the govt have been having with US health officials and US pharma companies. Then of course Matt "Trust me" Hancock denied this was to try and open up the NHS to US Big Pharma and paying 1000s of times what we currently pay for medication. But didn't deny the meetings had taken place. It's cunning really, because if they can force the NHS to pay 1000s of times for branded drugs instead of the much cheaper generics, they won't have to privatise the NHS, it will just collapse under the cost of the medication.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7598 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 20:33:38 »

It's cunning really, because if they can force the NHS to pay 1000s of times for branded drugs instead of the much cheaper generics, they won't have to privatise the NHS, it will just collapse under the cost of the medication.

I guess that is part of the plan by those at the top? Easier to spin to the public something like "The rising cost of meds is bringing the NHS down. It's much better to go private."

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7599 on: Thursday, October 31, 2019, 21:05:00 »

imteresting further posts.

Looking at the other end of the health market, ie social care, there is already a two tier system for care homes.  Publicly funded v privately funded.  Whatever the great efforts of individual carers and nurses in both sectors, there is a distinctly longer life expectancy for residents in privately funded care homes over publicly funded ones.  

Good for the tax payer I guess.  

Without being political, I really do think some voters should be a helluva lot more sceptical and demanding with their questions.  And draw their own conclusions when they get but waffle and deflection with the answers.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #7600 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 00:23:05 »

Not sure if this has been posted before but is a fair bit of light humour...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #7601 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 07:51:17 »

I really do think some voters should be a helluva lot more sceptical and demanding with their questions.  And draw their own conclusions when they get but waffle and deflection with the answers.

By "some voters" I assume that you mean "some other voters".  Not you because you're just fine.

And I imagine you also primarily mean voters who don't currently share your views but would do if only they applied the same level of wisdom, knowledge and immaculate objectivity that you do.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7602 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 08:15:12 »

By "some voters" I assume that you mean "some other voters".  Not you because you're just fine.

And I imagine you also primarily mean voters who don't currently share your views but would do if only they applied the same level of wisdom, knowledge and immaculate objectivity that you do.

It's entirely possible for people to hold extreme views which are wildly out of kilter with the mainstream, perhaps becasue they haven't thought about it enough.

Look, along with LL you've done it with fracking...

But everyone (I think) recognises that we cannot eliminate our need for fossil fuel at this point.  And from an ecological, financial and political viewpoint I'd rather get that fuel from Lancashire than Russia.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #7603 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 09:46:21 »

Not sure if this has been posted before but is a fair bit of light humour...

Their Monster Crash one with Rees-Mogg and Johnson was good too, I can't find it.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7604 on: Friday, November 1, 2019, 09:48:28 »

They will be already, but we won't get to know about it because Johnson is blocking the release of the report on Russian interference in UK elections. Wonder why? Surely not related to te significant donations to his campaign from Russian business interests?

Private Eye have for months been looking into the activities of Ehud Sheleg, who is the largest Tory donor at the moment and also the Tory party treasurer.

He seems to have a rather murky financial history and very close links and ties to the Russians.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: