Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a load of shite  (Read 3199 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 17:37:02 »

Dont think that will happen somehow

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/Forum_New/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34305
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 17:44:54 »

Quote from: "tans"

Them suggesting that annoyed me. But alas if a good bid came in Sturrock would have to think about it.

But I'm talking about a million pounds +
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 18:32:43 »

As I've said before, Sturrock was desperate for him to get fit in time to be sold in the January transfer window. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold in the summer to make some funds available for outfield players.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 18:37:29 »

What a load of bollocks!!

Why offload Stewart then?

It's All Good..............
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 19:13:18 »

I can see it happeing TBH.

/
W56196272
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 19:16:57 »

We have 2 class keepers who both when fit should be playing regular first team football. It would be great having them push each other for the number one slot but I can see one of them leaving. If not in the summer but in the first transfer window. I personally think Brez is the better keeper but Smith has had a great season and was a significant part of promotion and Brez never played under Sturrock so it really wouldnt suprise me either.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 19:24:03 »

I'm not saying it won't happen, money talks.

My 'bollocks' post was aimed at Hans Gruber's post.

IMHO Sturrock would love Brez to stay, why would he want to lose a quality player?

To intimate that Sturrock is desperate to sell him is ridiculous.

It's All Good..............
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 20:12:49 »

Just telling you what he told me back in December, when I had a chat to him at the Wanborough training pitch. He also said he thought Wise might be stupid enough to buy him while he was still injured.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 20:50:37 »

How long do people seriously think Sturrock's  going to be able to keep two keepers of that standard happy for any way? Whoever doesn't start the season will be wanting out sooner rather than later.

As a side issue, judging on Smith's performances since coming into the side, I can't see how people can say Brezovan is better. I don't think there is anything between the two.
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 21:58:23 »

Quote from: "hansgruber"

Just telling you what he told me back in December, when I had a chat to him at the Wanborough training pitch. He also said he thought Wise might be stupid enough to buy him while he was still injured.

you're talking shit, brezovan wasn't even our player to sell until a month or so ago.
red macca

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 22:08:16 »

Imo brez is head and shouldersm above phil smith.smiths kicking at the end of the season was as bad as brezovans..the way brezovan commands his box is the big difference for me
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 22:08:55 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
Quote from: "hansgruber"

you're talking shit, brezovan wasn't even our player to sell until a month or so ago.

I'm not talking shit, but you make a good point - perhaps Luggy was pulling our legs. He did say at the same time that he'd sold Monkhouse that morning (which proved to be true) so hmmmm.

I'll shut up now because I'm confusing myself!
neville w

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 11:48:48 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I can see it happeing TBH.

Yep, I agree with that. Assuming he's fully recovered he'll be gone by January, if not before.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:09:37 »

Quote from: "herthab"
What a load of bollocks!!

Why offload Stewart then?

i know for a fact when he told johno he wasnt offering him a deal the reason was he already has 2 great keepers, he wudnt have let johno go if he was planning to sell 1
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 17, 2007, 08:15:15 »

For me Brezovan's the better keeper, he commands his box with more authority, he comes for crosses a lot more than Phil and his kicking is slightly better.  I feel Phl started to feel the pressure a little bit towards the end of the season.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: