Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 475   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1677884 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6600 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 12:29:14 »

it's possible he didn't have a full grasp of what was going on, the ref probably didn't either
Shouldn’t have got to that stage though. Something had obviously happened to make the fans go on to the pitch and Wellens should have stayed well out of it. Now he’s left with an image of him ranting at fans trying to get a game to restart whilst a fan has actually passed away. Not a good look.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6601 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 12:39:59 »

What do people think of the latest VAR kerfuffle(if anyone has an opinion on it)?
Is this disallowed goal thing unprecedented as Klopp claims? Or is his call for a replay justified?
Personally, I think it would be ridiculous and would lead to all sorts of spurious claims for other replays. Just Klopp being capricious as usual in my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6602 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 12:40:53 »

It's Liverpool. I couldn't care less  Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6603 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 12:47:30 »

What do people think of the latest VAR kerfuffle(if anyone has an opinion on it)?
Is this disallowed goal thing unprecedented as Klopp claims? Or is his call for a replay justified?
Personally, I think it would be ridiculous and would lead to all sorts of spurious claims for other replays. Just Klopp being capricious as usual in my opinion
Klopp’s just a sick, it shows how inept the English officials are but that’s nothing new. This is no different to any other mistake that officials make and then fess up to afterwards, it’s not grounds for a replay.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6604 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 13:07:19 »

What has the world come to, man the fuck up and get on with it.  Makes him look a twat.  Maybe we can call for games to be replayed if one of our players makes a mistake that costs a goal?  Didn't Oliver once give a goal for Watford vs Reading when it went wide - worse has happened and will happen.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6605 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 13:30:09 »

Klopp’s just a sick, it shows how inept the English officials are but that’s nothing new. This is no different to any other mistake that officials make and then fess up to afterwards, it’s not grounds for a replay.
Agreed

adje

Ignore
« Reply #6606 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 13:30:53 »

What has the world come to, man the fuck up and get on with it.  Makes him look a twat.  Maybe we can call for games to be replayed if one of our players makes a mistake that costs a goal?  Didn't Oliver once give a goal for Watford vs Reading when it went wide - worse has happened and will happen.
Also agreed. He's an annoying prat

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6607 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 13:31:57 »

I think it sets a dangerous precedent if they do replay it. (I don't think they will, unless Spurs offer, which they won't) The process unfortunately isn't perfect and there was an element of human error which has been made evident by the recording. Not being able to stop the game to correct that error, whilst frustrating in that it was wrong, was the correct way of following the legislation in place.

FWIW I watched that game and even without the lines drawn on the screen could see that Diaz was being played onside.

I'm with RobT here - just fucking get on with it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6608 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 13:46:21 »

All it has really shown is how shit the protocols for communication within VAR are, especially when you compare it with the clear language and terminology used in Rugby, this just seemed to be various people having a cosy chat, chatting over each other with no idea what was going on. Its part of the reason it needs to be piped into the stadia as they would all up their game with the professionalism.

Going forward little will change, the game won't be replayed, there will be acres of newspaper space accorded to it, its why the media love Klopp, he fills empty space.  
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6609 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 14:16:02 »

author=theakston2k link=topic=49726.msg1764986#msg1764986 date=1696409050]
Wellens showed what a cunt he really is as well storming on to the pitch shouting abuse at those on the pitch.

EFL guidelines were to carry on playing i beleive as it wasnt on the pitch
tans

Ignore
« Reply #6610 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 14:43:57 »

World Cup 2030 to be held in Morocco/Portugal/Spain

3 games to played in South America - Paraguay/Uruguay/Argentina - these 3 automatically qualify also

WTF?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6611 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 14:48:38 »

World Cup 2030 to be held in Morocco/Portugal/Spain

3 games to played in South America - Paraguay/Uruguay/Argentina - these 3 automatically qualify also

WTF?

Apparently the South American trio is to mark 100 years of the Fifa World Cup. It did seem quite random to have them hosting a game.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #6612 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 14:55:12 »

What a load of bollocks that is!

Paraguay get a free place because CONMEBOL is based there. Madness

If they are going to pull shit like this why not make all previous winners automatically qualified?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 14:58:41 by tans » Logged
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #6613 on: Wednesday, October 4, 2023, 15:28:33 »

What a load of bollocks that is!

Paraguay get a free place because CONMEBOL is based there. Madness

If they are going to pull shit like this why not make all previous winners automatically qualified?

The more countries involved, the more bribes FIFA can take.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #6614 on: Thursday, October 5, 2023, 10:17:49 »

Preferential treatment to Livepool here

Darren England, the VAR official who made the mistake last weekend, will not officiate Liverpool for the rest of the season.

If he is not good enough to referee one team in the league surely he isnt good enough for the others too?
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 ... 475   Go Up
Print
Jump to: