Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England-Sri Lanka Test Series  (Read 15397 times)
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 14:16:35 »

First test of the summer so of course the starts been delayed  Smiley

Due to begin at 3.30.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 14:20:44 »

It had to happen.  Weeks without rain and as soon as the cricket starts what happens?  It rains  Bad Mood
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 17:17:43 »

We have a wicket! 93-1, Swann gets Dilshan for 50
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 21:39:55 »

Went along to Sofia Gardens today, first live international game. No play all morning was pretty much expected, pretty pleased to see what I did really, 48 overs was a pretty good show finishing at about 7:15, which is good for the crowd as the light was still there (although at one point that muppet Doctrove started fiddling about with his light meter because the sun had gone behind a cloud).

Don't quite realise how quick the bowlers are on the telly, took me about half an hour to actually see the ball flying through to Prior, who I have a whole lot more respect for that before!

The second Sri Lankan wicket (DRSed one) looked a bit shady to me, nobody in the crowd was expecting it to be overturned, you'd think there'd have to be a little more conclusive proof that that to overturn the decision but there you go.
Wiggler

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 21:46:24 »

Cricket is what gays watch when gok wan isn't on 

Are there any mods left to ban this sort of thread or did they all resign dramatically in the wake of the messiah arriving.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 21:47:31 »

Seeing as "The mods" created an entire forum called "Cricket" I suspect you may be out of luck there.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 22:04:53 »

Don't quite realise how quick the bowlers are on the telly, took me about half an hour to actually see the ball flying through to Prior, who I have a whole lot more respect for that before!
The second Sri Lankan wicket (DRSed one) looked a bit shady to me, nobody in the crowd was expecting it to be overturned, you'd think there'd have to be a little more conclusive proof that that to overturn the decision but there you go.

I went to my first international a few years back, England Vs Zimbabwe, and yeah, it is stunning how fast they actually do bowl - even the spinners. 1 second its leaving the bowlers hand, next second its clattering into the boards for a four. Crazy stuff.
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 22:23:01 »

When you're 22 yards from it its never as quick as it looks from a distance - there are guys kicking in around at decent club cricket standard who get it down there at similar pace to a lot of county pros - it's only the top 10% of pros who are genuinely quick.

Glenn McGrath remains the best seam bowler I've ever seen and there are a couple of lads at Uni who are probably quicker than he was at the end of his career!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 10:06:11 »

dmr has a fair point - think one of the biggest differences as you go up through the standards is the decrease of lateral flexion/falling away of the bowlers which does give them an extra yard but also much more bounce. At prem league club cricket you might get a bowler the same pace as hoggard for instance, but if a ball comes through at thigh height from the club bowler it comes through at chest height from hoggard
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 27, 2011, 10:07:53 »

Fair enough, my Cricket is generally played at such a low level that someone bowling at Swann's pace would be considered pretty sharp.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 30, 2011, 14:10:03 »

Batted two overs today to get Bell his hundred, declared with a lead of less than 100 in the hope that Sri Lanka self-destruct in a manner that would raise eyebrows.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 30, 2011, 14:39:39 »

in the hope that Sri Lanka self-destruct in a manner that would raise eyebrows.
10-2 would count as an eyebrow raising start!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 30, 2011, 14:42:17 »

It would, but this could end up looking a bit silly if we get them 7 or more down by the close when we've wasted four overs (2 + 2 for the changes) letting Bell hit the landmark.

Whatever happens though, this should help preparations for the next test nicely, Tremlett looks very much the real deal, although the question of who replaces Anderson is an interesting one, Shahzad is getting smashed about by Sussex today and Finn would leave us with a rather one-dimensional attack. Someone have a word with Sidebottom and get him to un-retire I think...
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, May 30, 2011, 14:49:50 »

Someone have a word with Sidebottom and get him to un-retire I think...

Sidebottom got smashed all over Taunton last week also.

Maybe give Dernbach a go. He picked up a number of wickets against Sri Lanka playing for England Lions last week.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, May 30, 2011, 15:35:35 »

Tremlett's got another one. Getting interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: