Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leafy Surrey.  (Read 8022 times)
DMR

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:48:03 »

The West Course is a joke for the pros, takes the fun out of it for players and spectators when you cant go low. To have 2 par 5s to finish and give the players absolutely no incentive to take either on is ridiculous.
DMR

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:49:47 »

can't believe westwood blew it.
had a terrible weekend betting wise.so many of my selections went so close.

His putt on the 18th in regulation play was abysmal and he deserved to lose for not having the balls to try and hole a 10 footer to win and preferring to just cosy it up there!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, May 29, 2011, 18:53:17 »

he tried to hole it.he read it wrong like nearly every other bugger before him.you could see from his reaction how fucked off he was with it.
i thought he'd try to get on in 2 once it came to the play off.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, May 30, 2011, 13:07:54 »

The West Course is a joke for the pros, takes the fun out of it for players and spectators when you cant go low. To have 2 par 5s to finish and give the players absolutely no incentive to take either on is ridiculous.

Tend to agree though it makes it more fair for the shorter hitters,lets face it David Horsey had the balls to go for it and he is hardly long and he eagled....the players need to have bottle also.
Most of them could have reached both holes in two with a good tee shot,Howell hit the 17th in two the days i went.
Fact is in previous years the long hitters were going around in par till 17/18 then going eagle/eagle....tough course it is but on the whole more fair for all the players now.
The 18th is the only hole that needs changing because the grandstand is huge and players having a go would make it more exiting for them.
Westwood never really played 17/18 well on all four days and it probably cost him the win.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: