Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next Season Goalkeeper  (Read 17933 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 08:59:26 »

I'd be happy with Smith in Goal & bring in a promising keeper from the conference or Div 2 as understudy. Get rid of the coach & get Frazer back in as coach.
We've ket in so many goals this season (in the main) because of crap defendiing, not because of the keepers.
Our efforts need to go into finding that midfield General with a bit of class, a goal scoring midfielder box to box type player, strengthening the defence, & replacing Cox if he goes.

From the Dark Side
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 09:05:53 »

I still think we need a new goalkeeping coach. Both keepers are capable of more, their confidence is low. I blame the coach.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
fatbury

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 14:00:29 »

I agree with Sippo ...

new goalkeeper coach needed ... Id go further and say shake up the back room totally .. get rid of Byrne .. promote Bodin

Shane Higgs would be good ... but how about Adam Federici of Reading?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 17:55:42 »

What about Mark Scott as the reserve and a mainstay No.1? If push comes to shove bring in a loanee play if no.1 keeper gets injured.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 17:57:00 »

Higgs is a good shout.
glos_robin

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 18:01:00 »

What about Mark Scott as the reserve and a mainstay No.1? If push comes to shove bring in a loanee play if no.1 keeper gets injured.
From what I've seen of Scott he's another Bulman, cheap, can help with the warm up but not a hope in hell of being a football league keeper. He's not even got any real height or presence about him which seems to be becoming more and more important for the modern keeper.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 18:11:37 »

I wasn't writing about how good he is - simply stating it's an option they may take on. If Danny Wilson prefers a mainstay keeper (Dave Watson during his Barnsley years and Steve Phillips at Bristol City) then it could be likely.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 07:40:18 »

Mildenhall?!!  Eek
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 07:54:45 »

Wants to come back here as well according to a few I work with who know him. He's a good keeper, would be nice to have him back here.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 08:12:40 »

Wants to come back here as well according to a few I work with who know him. He's a good keeper, would be nice to have him back here.

Have to agree. Smith and Brez both need to be shown the door..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 08:29:10 »

I heard this earlier this season and it was confirmed by the interview he gave in the adver when we played Southend.  "I have unfinished business at the CG" or something along those lines.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #101 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 08:37:29 »

A good keeper and someone who genuinly wants to play for the club. Has two years on his deal at southend though irc
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 08:47:07 »

I wouldn't be disappointed to see him back, although i always enjoy playing against him as he always lets a few in.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 09:00:06 »

Always seems distinctly average to me.

I'm sure DV will quote this if he comes here, pulls off 20 penalty saves in one game and doesn't let a goal in all season.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, May 1, 2009, 11:28:03 »

I'll never forget the game where Mildenhall got caught by a boot on his family jewels, then sat on the pitch to check whether they were still attached correctly - he seemed a bit unsure for a good few minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: