Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friendlies 2013  (Read 116639 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:05:20 »

Just back from Devizes, work in Chip so rude not to.

I'd love to give a proper match report, but the truth is I don't know who half our players were!

Story looked lively, Caddis is quality, Our #5 had a few passes that made Flint look like Zidane (though the pitch was bobbly), The Thompsons looked OK, our #8 (??Barthram) looked like he wanted to play and get involved in the game but sometimes got muscled out of it. Luongo looked a bit short of match sharpness but has a presence,

First three goals were tap ins after we got in behind and put in good centres. Forth was well taken.

All in all it was a good work out and we naturally looked the fitter and sharper. Can't say it helps me much with working out how we will do next season as the team wasn't the strongest we have.

Oh and I won some Digby signed worn keeper gloves.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:16:49 »

Guessing the #5 was either Devine or Hall. #8 was probably Barthram as you thought.

This was the starting lineup: Bedwell; Thompsn N, Devine, Hall, Jones; Caddis, Thompson L, Barthram, Storey; Sofianne, Gross.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 21:19:45 »

Guessing the #5 was either Devine or Hall.

Yeah, not sure which though.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 22:13:57 »

Thanks for the report Batch we couldn't find anything at all online? I'm guessing now Chris Tannners left the social media sides of things might go downhill a bit?
kaufman

« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 22:23:23 »

Thanks for the report Batch we couldn't find anything at all online? I'm guessing now Chris Tannners left the social media sides of things might go downhill a bit?

No question mark needed, you're on the money there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 05:56:54 »

Forgot to say that Caddis played in central midfield in the first half and dropped to centre back later. The trialists didn't really impress me but it was hard to really gauge their ability in that game.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 07:17:51 »

Forgot to say that Caddis played in central midfield in the first half and dropped to centre back later. The trialists didn't really impress me but it was hard to really gauge their ability in that game.

That's interesting. Twice now Caddis has been played out of position in pre-season. The optimists would argue KMac wants his experience in central midfield alongside Luongo. After all, he's picking him, praising him and even gave him the armband last night. The pessimists would argue he is on his way, hence the purchase of Byrne and the fact he is rarely playing at right back. He may just be getting his money's worth out of him and placing him in the shop window.

I have no clue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 07:31:38 »

Local match for you!
Panda Paws

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 09:10:47 »

The#5 was Devine. Hall looked imposing and good on the ball, Caddis is a level above everyone else in our side.

The striker done nothing, Gros was good against shit, but looks like he'd be ineffective against a decent side.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 09:16:14 »

From reports from pre-season it sounds like Devine isn't that great.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 09:23:03 »

From reports from pre-season it sounds like Devine isn't that great.

Have we actually signed him yet or is he still on trial? I've kind of lost track over the last week or so.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 09:45:01 »

Have we actually signed him yet or is he still on trial? I've kind of lost track over the last week or so.
Trial still I believe.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 09:47:04 »

trial. I think he is coming back from a bad injury so may be rusty still.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 10:11:39 »

probably waiting to see what happens with Ward
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 15:01:48 »

That's interesting. Twice now Caddis has been played out of position in pre-season. The optimists would argue KMac wants his experience in central midfield alongside Luongo.

My take is he's just keeping him fit and thinks Caddis is good enough to play wherever he is needed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: