Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Tranmere Rovers Match Day Thread  (Read 23825 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:40:03 »

Cain, Darcy, Williams midfield is a very tough watch. Williams pulls a few good passes out every now and then to be fair to him but from a battling perspective it’s so lightweight, McEachran is the only midfield player I’d be keen on taking into next season. Less said about the RHM, Wakeling, Shade front 3 the better. I’m probably being harsh there on all mentioned but tired of watching the same performances every week. You knew exactly what was coming when you saw that front 3, a lot of running, not much quality or composure and prayers for a RHM moment somewhere.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:43:57 »

As mentioned many times on this forum no spine throughout the team, experience, height & physicality needed along with a couple of younger prospects

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:47:16 »

We have a team of Moon Jellyfish.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:48:50 »

Exactly that!

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:51:25 »

Hawes wrap up:
- Austin: Clearly it seems like a conversation was had. Morris was clear to insit it was amicable. It just doesn't quite sit right when Morris didn't do that at Walsall. But if you aren't going to put him in the squad then as a senior pro then dragging him up might be disrespectful. Don't know if you couldn't use him for 15-20 mins if needed. Can't quite get that to sit with everything. Although there was no flare up or defensive look from Morris
- Brewitt picked out himself as partly responsible for the goal. It was a ball that was let bounce and not defended afterwards
- There wasn't the energy or ability or confidence in the team to get back into the game after that
- Morris: People enjoyed his interviews to begin with as he doesnt have problems diagnosing the issues. That's more than you get from some managers. But the problem lies with not being able to implement solutions (or get the players to do it). The football seems to be getting worse. Maybe with his own squad there will be greater clarity on what he wants. Much of the squad who didnt play well today are under contract next year
- Assume Austin back against Barrow
- Lavinier didnt take his chance. Hutton came back and looked better than him
- Shade not laid down a case
- Suspect there will be more shuffling around against Barrow. Dont think they are that bad a side
- Lowest league position was 17th in L2 in1983: Ken Beamish cheap free transfers. This team isn't supposed to be that. For this team, that will be a worse achievement than back then

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #335 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:51:49 »

17th on 58 points in 1984.

That season.             
17th   Swindon Town   46   15w   13d   18l   58f   56a   2gd   58

This season so far.
12th   Swindon Town    40   13w   12d   15l   52f   50a   2gd   51

That season we were playing some awful hoofball direct football, we had brought back to the club previous top scorer and Swindon hero Alan Mayes who scored a goal every other game.

The football we played was dull as dishwater, we blooded Jimmy Quinn as a striker who managed 15 goals in his first full season that year yet still looked poor despite 2 strikers in double figures.

Nobody put more than 3 goals past us and we had loads of sub 3,000 attendances too including 2 sub 2,000 attendances.

Points wise we are in a very very similar position but that season had the feeling of being the worst ever, the whole club was in the doldrums, no bright spark.

This season although similar is by no means as bad as that season was for me.

The Sheridan team was worse, the Hart team worse but only just, we just seem to be ambling away to the end of the season, not really bothering and no impetus to improve either. Some players are playing out their contracts it seems ready for a move in the Summer.

The football even now at times is nice to watch, but, its not entertaining to watch and we just dont look like scoring more goals than any team we come up against and always look likely to conceded goals.

I hope that no matter what we sign some better defenders next season and a holding midfielder in the mold of a young Grant/McHale who can protect the defence rather than 3 lightweight midfielders we now play.

We also need a more commanding keeper, I like Brynn and think hes a good keeper but he doesnt command the area enough as Benda did and his distrubtion needs to improve.

We need a strong spine, keeper, 2 CB's and holding midfielder, start by bolstering and strenghtening at the back 1st and get creative players in when you have that backbone.

Just my opinion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:56:28 »

Austin is a 33 year old with a family.
If he isn’t able to play 3 games in a week (which he can’t) there is absolutely no need to drag him up to Tranmere for a pointless away game with nothing on the line for either team.

No doubt Austin is a professional but he’s also a man with a family.

Reason Morris probably didn’t do similar at Walsall was because there was probably believe that with a few decent results we could have still had a go at 7th place.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:56:48 »

Anyone know how many Town fans travelled today🤔

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #338 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:57:28 »

Anyone know how many Town fans travelled today🤔
More than the team deserved, looked a decent following to me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:57:36 »

…a side from that every other decision Morris made today was completely wrong.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:57:43 »

Austin is a 33 year old with a family.
If he isn’t able to play 3 games in a week (which he can’t) there is absolutely no need to drag him up to Tranmere for a pointless away game with nothing on the line for either team.

No doubt Austin is a professional but he’s also a man with a family.

Reason Morris probably didn’t do similar at Walsall was because there was probably believe that with a few decent results we could have still had a go at 7th place.

It does make sense.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 16:58:29 »

It does make sense.

Only thing Morris has done that has!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 17:03:38 »

More than the team deserved, looked a decent following to me.

Cheers JJ hope the club appreciates them as they won't be there forever if things don't improve.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 17:17:44 »

Marginal improvement over recent performances, particularly in first half.
Hutton did some decent work when he came on.

Overall just no spark in the play at all. Lifeless almost.
Tranmere were pretty much the same but made the most of their opportunity & we didn't.

Away support was very good given the circumstances.
Some exasperation at the end was understandable.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Monday, April 10, 2023, 17:42:34 »

We might finish higher than we did in 83/4, but that’s more a factor of the league being more spread out. I can’t see us beating the points total

Worst season ever, bar some re-election bids in the 50s

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: