Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sorry but who is "this bloke from Brentford"  (Read 2218 times)
broomfield

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 13:24:44 »

OK on that point i stand corrected. However, i was told by one of those introduced to the gent that he is def ex Chief Exec of WASPS
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 13:38:10 »

David Davies? He left the position of Chief Exec of Wasps in March to relocate due to family reasons, not sure where his family lives though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 14:04:53 »

I thought London Irish played at Wycombe

/
W56196272
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 14:08:20 »

London Irish play at the Madjeski - Wasps did used to play at QPR until 3 or 4 years ago before they moved to Wycombe - I think they moved because Fulham were sharing QPR's ground while Craven Cottage was redeveloped?.
sonic youth

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 16:47:34 »

i heard the bloke's name is watkins? ex-qpr apparently, so perhaps wires were crossed and it's something to do with loftus road.

dunno
Dazzza

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 17:35:03 »

Chris Wright?

Ex-QPR chairman and owner of Wasps with a few million in the bank to boot.  

Quote from a recent news story...

It seems absurd that Wasps are rumoured to be struggling financially, handicapped as they are without a real ground of their own, uncertainty about their future at Adams Park and an inability to make the most commercially of their status as double European and triple English champions. There may be a credit crunch in the financial markets, but there is still some serious money around and it cannot be beyond the wit of some wealthy individual or consortium to see the hidden value in the club. At some stage, serious decisions have to be made about where the club are going. With the right backing and investment building on what Chris Wright, the chairman, has done, they have it in them to be the best in the business. They espouse everything that is good about the game.

Looking for a new home perhaps?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: