Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transfer Deadline Day  (Read 16380 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:20:33 »

So, at 11pm GMT the transfer window slams shut (it never just closes).

As we have a squad of around 30 players, some are going to have to leave, whether they have already fallen out with the manager or not.

Feel free to post your transfer deadline day rumours and comments in here.

I'm no  but I think there could be some movement from Clarke, Timlin and possibly the other players that have been forgotten (Amankwaah etc)

Saw a horrible rumour that Rotherham are signing Revell as well, so that's fucked up Saturday as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 07:36:45 »

Clarke will be gone, i cant see any other solution. I cant see a lot of movement in and out of the CG today.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 09:31:12 »

If Clarke goes today will that be the shortest time a player has ever been contracted to Swindon, or any club? What is it 2 weeks?

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 09:44:10 »

Clarke will be gone, i cant see any other solution. I cant see a lot of movement in and out of the CG today.

I can't see many teams wanting to take any of our discards, or indeed them wanting to leave.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 09:46:10 »

Expand...
corner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 09:52:02 »

Clarke out mcdonald in please. thanks thats all i have to say.
Muffin Man

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 09:57:46 »

Clarke out mcdonald in please. thanks thats all i have to say.

Then you will be waiting a long long time, as hes already turned us down cos he doesnt want to come down to this level.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:19:01 »

11.05am: A central midfielder is also being targeted by the County Ground side as well as a striker, depending on what happens with Leon Clarke. I'm pretty sure you all know his story by now.

11.03am: My esteemed sources are telling me that Town are hoping to push through a loan deal for Arsenal defender Daniel Boateng before the deadline, otherwise they will have to wait until the loan window opens

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:29:11 »

If Clarke goes today will that be the shortest time a player has ever been contracted to Swindon, or any club? What is it 2 weeks?

I think John Sutton's spell a Town was less than that but it was a short term contract. This is a two year deal.

Elsewhere, David Unsworth's Villa career was famously brief.
Muffin Man

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:32:58 »

Clive Allen famously stayed at Arsenal for a matter of a few weeks too without even playing a game for them, not a 1st team game anyway.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 10:39:55 »

I think Clarke could still have a major part to play this season if we can sort out last nights spat. I think he's the first choice forward.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 11:21:40 »

Disappointing that Tom Bender has left ColU for a month and gone to Accrington rather than Brighton
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:41:05 »

Alex Revell set to sign for Rotherham, what's the betting he scores against us Saturday  Doh
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:49:43 »

11.05am: A central midfielder is also being targeted by the County Ground side as well as a striker, depending on what happens with Leon Clarke. I'm pretty sure you all know his story by now.

11.03am: My esteemed sources are telling me that Town are hoping to push through a loan deal for Arsenal defender Daniel Boateng before the deadline, otherwise they will have to wait until the loan window opens

I'm really not convinced this is what we need.  Surely we'd be better off with experience?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2011, 12:51:01 »

Wonder if we'll sign yet another non-scoring striker seeing as Clarke will be binned off?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: