Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coxy wants to put himself in the shop window..  (Read 16333 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 08:36:08 »

Good to be ambitious,. hopefully it benefits us as well.... get us promoted play for us in the Championship and see what happens....

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/display.var.2429593.0.cox_vows_to_be_the_best_and_eyes_up_big_move.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 08:42:12 »

He should shut it....while there's nothing wrong in having ambition, he needs to live in the here and now....concentrate on improving his game and scoring some goals.

Did you ever hear Sam Parkin going on about playing for Chelsea and seeing Swindon as a stepping stone?

No...when he left, it was in the right way...Coxy has gone way down in my estimation.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 08:44:37 »

Especially saying he wants to play for the scallys.

Tbh though I don't have a problem him trying to aim high, just wish he didn't aim so high at Leyton Orient last season.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 08:49:15 »

To be fair parkin always did say he wants to play at the highest level. For Cox to get to a higher level etc he had to do well for us... we were always told that Coxy was an investment so... comes as no surprise really. There is clearly an understanding between Fitton and Coxy that he is here until he gets a bigger club etc in a higher divison. I never expected Cox to plead loyalty to STFC. he was always going to move on within a year or 2 of signing his contract here. In order to get his move to a bigger club he needs to do well here so its not really a bad thing really...

sonic youth

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 08:59:37 »

He should shut it....while there's nothing wrong in having ambition, he needs to live in the here and now....concentrate on improving his game and scoring some goals.

Did you ever hear Sam Parkin going on about playing for Chelsea and seeing Swindon as a stepping stone?

No...when he left, it was in the right way...Coxy has gone way down in my estimation.
i'm inclined to agree.

keep your mouth shut coxy, you've still got a lot to prove.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 08:59:39 »

To be fair parkin always did say he wants to play at the highest level. For Cox to get to a higher level etc he had to do well for us... we were always told that Coxy was an investment so... comes as no surprise really. There is clearly an understanding between Fitton and Coxy that he is here until he gets a bigger club etc in a higher divison. I never expected Cox to plead loyalty to STFC. he was always going to move on within a year or 2 of signing his contract here. In order to get his move to a bigger club he needs to do well here so its not really a bad thing really...

Gazzza, these ex prem lads receive tuition in how to talk to the media...Cox is doing a sort of Ronaldo. Pathetic.

Of course SSP wanted to play at the highest level for him...what you say is I want to play at the highest level, hopefully for Swindon.....if not then let's see, in the meantime, I'm giving 100% for my team mates and the fans.

STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:18:08 »

I think Cox is just stating the obvious more than anything else... I never saw Cox fulfilling his contract anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:19:57 »

I think Cox is just stating the obvious more than anything else... I never saw Cox fulfilling his contract anyway.

If I was manager I'd have Ben Joyce in on Saturday...
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:23:59 »

Hes not even been here a season yet - he should keep his head down a bit and get on with it for a while
JPC82

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:35:31 »

Hes not even been here a season yet - he should keep his head down a bit and get on with it for a while

agreed, Parkin said he wanted to test himself at a higher level after 3 seasons of 20+ goals
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:47:50 »

I have no problems with Cox coming out saying this, As I said to play in a higher division he needs to be consistent for us to do so , this can only be a good thing for us. On a downside though if he did go, we would be relegated ala when Super Sammy left. Turning on Coxy won’t help us in any way shape or form.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:49:30 »

To be fair to Coxy, what gets reported as "Cox: I'm off to the Prem at the first sniff I get cos I'm far too big for you lot" can often start out as "So, Coxy, you're an ambitious lad, would you like to play at the top level one day"; "Yeah, that would be great, but for now I'm just focusing on getting the job done here". Which is the same story in essence and the same words, but if you miss out some of the context of the questions, what is actually just reasonable ambition can come over as arrogance and ingratitude. I think he's guilty of no more than naivety in how what sounded reasonable at the time would be likely to be reported.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:53:53 »

Sounds to me like he thinks we're not going up and in such a case he wants out.
JPC82

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:54:13 »

To be fair to Coxy, what gets reported as "Cox: I'm off to the Prem at the first sniff I get cos I'm far too big for you lot" can often start out as "So, Coxy, you're an ambitious lad, would you like to play at the top level one day"; "Yeah, that would be great, but for now I'm just focusing on getting the job done here". Which is the same story in essence and the same words, but if you miss out some of the context of the questions, what is actually just reasonable ambition can come over as arrogance and ingratitude. I think he's guilty of no more than naivety in how what sounded reasonable at the time would be likely to be reported.

i kno what your saying Paul thats how most storys are made, but the lad actually stated the team he wants to play for!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:55:44 »

I know its got nothing to do with Cox and his vastly swollen head but the headline reminded be of my favourite story about how Niall Quinn put Steve McMahon through a shop window.

http://www.purelymancity.com/index.php/features/how-niall-quinns-disco-pants-became-famous/

Shame it doesn't use the word defenestrate which is one of my favourites too.

Today is a good day.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: