Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ian Atkins  (Read 4092 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 18:53:13 »

AS BWB points out, its difficult to motivate players when they're not being paid.

You can set a goal at the start of the season, and that is premised on certain variables.

The lack of wage cheque was probably one King failed to factor in.

King has largely delivered on the targets set him by the Board.

I've yet to hear any statement from a board member for this season as to what they're expecting....but having cut the wage bill, and released a lot of players , and handed 1 year contracts to all the incomers...I'm guessing they see staying up as an achievement as everything else points to going down.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 18:57:22 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
AS BWB points out, its difficult to motivate players when they're not being paid.

You can set a goal at the start of the season, and that is premised on certain variables.

The lack of wage cheque was probably one King failed to factor in.

King has largely delivered on the targets set him by the Board.

I've yet to hear any statement from a board member for this season as to what they're expecting....but having cut the wage bill, and released a lot of players , and handed 1 year contracts to all the incomers...I'm guessing they see staying up as an achievement as everything else points to going down.

Well if the board do see staying up as an achievement (one of which I agree on!) we arent exactly going the right way about it are we....
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, September 23, 2005, 19:10:58 »

He set the team a target and they didn't reach it. Just the same as Arsene Wenger and Ferguson's target last year was winning the premiership.

They didn't reach it either and I doubt their fans would have been happy with 2nd or 3rd before the season started but I wouldn't say they deserved to be sacked.  Before I knew about Crosby, Devlin and Mooney leaving I was pretty confident but that changed things and although I was still optimistic we could make the playoffs it wasn't a fair minimum target, just a hope.

It's a bit like at Everton, they finished 4th last year, superb finish so should the minimum target this season be 4th or more because the fans don't want to go backwards? Would 10th be a failure? I don't think it would. They are currently in the relegation zone and already out of europe and their form is even worse than ours but does Moyes deserve the sack. I don't think so, I think they'd be pretty foolish to sack him as he's done well even though right now he's not doing well at all.

Anyway I'm going out in a minute, so can't write anything more.
Spud

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 11:43:42 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
He set the team a target and they didn't reach it. Just the same as Arsene Wenger and Ferguson's target last year was winning the premiership.
They didn't reach it either and I doubt their fans would have been happy with 2nd or 3rd before the season started but I wouldn't say they deserved to be sacked.  Before I knew about Crosby, Devlin and Mooney leaving I was pretty confident but that changed things and although I was still optimistic we could make the playoffs it wasn't a fair minimum target, just a hope.

It's a bit like at Everton, they finished 4th last year, superb finish so should the minimum target this season be 4th or more because the fans don't want to go backwards? Would 10th be a failure? I don't think it would. They are currently in the relegation zone and already out of europe and their form is even worse than ours but does Moyes deserve the sack. I don't think so, I think they'd be pretty foolish to sack him as he's done well even though right now he's not doing well at all.

Anyway I'm going out in a minute, so can't write anything more.

I cant believe you've just compared Andy King to Ferguson and Wenger!  
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 11:52:06 »

Same applies spuddy, they all set targets they're all managers.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 18:20:55 »

I wonder what target King set the players today? to lose.....if he did well done he achieved it...
STFC Village

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, September 24, 2005, 18:22:30 »

Quote from: "DV85"
I wonder what target King set the players today? to lose.....if he did well done he achieved it...
Fuck sake Dan, go crack open a beer....better still, smoke some weed :doobie:
Spud

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 00:50:31 »

Well if you're going down that track, Arsenal and Man Utd are in the CL this season which is an achievement, what did we qualify for?.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 12:19:20 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Well if you're going down that track, Arsenal and Man Utd are in the CL this season which is an achievement, what did we qualify for?.

the LDV vans Beers
Spud

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 13:45:48 »

Does that mean we might get Juventus?.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, September 25, 2005, 13:46:58 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Does that mean we might get Juventus?.

...of swindon sunday league fame....maybe