Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ian Holloway Surely??  (Read 4235 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 19:52:27 »

I thought that all our transfers had to have league approval under the terms of the cva.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 19:53:43 »

Last season we were well in the bounds of the L1 wage cap, but our average crowd can expect to drop by 1000, which lowers turnover.

People are getting a bit over excited by Mr Power's money, which as things stand may prevent us going bust, and is therefore most welcome, but isn't necessarily going to lead to an influx of players etc.
Dazzza

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 19:53:57 »

If you've volunteered though I think you can then be punished or is different in the Conference?

The Argus reports that "Crawley Town will be deducted up to three points and fined £10,000 if found guilty of bringing the Nationwide Conference National into disrepute. Crawley must reassure the league they can resolve the ongoing issue with players' wages by the end of this week or face punishment. Crawley are under a transfer embargo after exceeding the annual budget allowed to be paid to players set by the Conference. They are also in breach of player contracts after a temporary pay-cut last month and the continuing non-payment of bonuses. Crawley officials were called before the Conference board last week to explain the issues. A club statement said: 'No conclusion was reached following Crawley's meeting at Burton Albion with the Conference board... In addition, there are ongoing discussions pending the issue of the annual players' budget. The excess of the budget is directly linked to the problems within the players' contracts, which led to the initial wage reduction in February'.
"Even if found guilty, Crawley will get off lightly compared to the punishment handed out to Altrincham. The Cheshire club are facing relegation after being hit with an eighteen-point penalty for fielding an ineligible player. A three-point deduction will not endanger Crawley's league status".

Meanwhile, the Crawley Forum reports that "the case against Azwar Majeed [Crawley chairman] was adjourned at Worthing Magistrates yesterday. Azwar has pleaded not guilty to the charge of assault by beating. The case was adjourned for trial at Worthing Magistrates, with a date set of 25th October".

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 19:54:36 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Hasn't Kings cut already been munched from the pie?  Add to that the suspected loss of 200k MD mentioned the other day and we're down to approx 650k.

Slam some of that on operating costs over the summer and during the season and I can't see there being much left.  I'd suspect if the wage bill is increased back to the level of last season there would be a generous 300k for players?

Total guess work but after you've allocated wages for additional players I can't see there being much in the way of actual transfer fees.

Hope so though any money spent will be an absolute total bonus.   Beers

It's good that the money's going on this kind of stuff though. We'd still have to pay it even if he hadn't given us any money, just now we can actually afford it.
Dazzza

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2006, 19:59:02 »

100% with you Ben, if it means the difference between oblivion and another season then great.

If it makes the difference between a struggle at the bottom and mid-table I'll be chuffed to bits.

Anything else is pure bliss.  Shocked

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 10:19:10 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4270348.stm

"Football already runs a voluntary salary cap in League One and League Two where clubs cannot spend more than 60% of their income on players' salaries"

I find that quite ironic as Wigan are among the teams that have the highest salary/turnover ratios in the Prem.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 10:32:26 »

I think we can increase spending on wages by presenting a cealr case in our budget proposals to the league (which I presume is how this must work).  If we can show an slight increase in attendance (they can use the ticket price reduction and an expected challenge for play offs given the new money) then we can, I presume suggest increased turnover (also they might be able to outline how his invetsment might help bring in other avenues of revenue).

The main use of his money with players though will be the ability to sign a player in contract.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 11:39:24 »

Some one sticking a million notes into the club has to be a good thing whichever way you look at it and I don't see why people should think he will be 'another Terry Brady'.

The difference between the two in my humble opinion is that Power's first love is football (yes I am aware that he is a QPR fan)  and Brady's is business.

That is a big difference.
red macca

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 14:35:08 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Last season we were well in the bounds of the L1 wage cap, but our average crowd can expect to drop by 1000, which lowers turnover.

People are getting a bit over excited by Mr Power's money, which as things stand may prevent us going bust, and is therefore most welcome, but isn't necessarily going to lead to an influx of players etc.
reg be optimistic for once.we WILL sign players he has already said we were prepared to bid for beckford...maybe you could admit you were wrong for once we wont think less of you..we have some good news for once and you still got to be negative i dont understand you
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 14:41:56 »

yea reg....boo! come on cheer up! we going up as fucking champions!

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 14:52:52 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

People are getting a bit over excited

Maybe getting over excited is a good thing Reg.  Try it yourself. You might even enjoy it Cool
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 15:23:58 »

That's the real difference, not millions on extra wages (probably a few thousand pounds a week), but being able to get players that are in contract.  This opens up a different type of player, i.e ones that clubs actually want!!!

We've been in the released market for a while, now we can go and get people with 2 years left on a contract if the clubs accept a bit of cash.  instead of waiting for the crap, we have a new market open to us to find our talent from.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2006, 15:26:36 »

I bet Reg is really like Goldmember and he's really, really excited:

"I love gooooold!"

Wink
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: