Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jonathan Ross  (Read 22471 times)
Lumps

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:19:32 »

I think, Batch, the (overthetop) kicking that the BBC is receiving is more related to the fact that their response has been wholly inadequate. The only reason the BBC has eventually apologised albeit grudgingly (Brands apology was followed by ‘but I still think it’s funny’ – hardly sincere) is because of the OTT ranting coverage by newspapers. Is this the only way the BBC can be held to account. Sad if it is.

Let’s not forget that they left insulting, unsolicited, illegal messages on the answer phone of Mr. Sachs, who is among other things, a 78 year old pensioner, apparently as revenge for him not being prepared to be interviewed by them.

Any other employer would have both of them up before a disciplinary board with a view to sacking them or suspending them at the very least.

A commercial company would have dealt with this promptly and it would have all blown over within 24 hours, but the BBC has been dragging it’s heels, pretending not to notice, probably with the view of; ‘so what it’s not like anyone can cancel their license fee is it?’

Oh get a life!

What's actually happened here? Two overgrown schoolboys have phoned Andrew Sachs, who had agreed to be interviewed on the show and then not answered his 'phone, and left a couple of daft messages. Two people were offended by the language used.

Andrew Sachs when interviewed seems actually quite reasonable about it. He clearly thinks both of them are complete dicks and wants an apology but that's about it. Was an elderly pensioner shocked to his core to discover his twenty something grand-daughter has a sex life? Probably not, he's knows she's in some band called the Satanic Sluts so I doubt he's been entertaining any misconceptions about her.

As far as the two "victims" of this prank are concerned, 50 million people in Britain now know that Sachs is still alive, bit of a coup there I thought he'd been dead for years, and girl, who's oddly offended about the whole thing for a Satanic Slut, has had more publicity for her shit band than she could have dreamed possible. The presence of Max Clifford as her new press agent makes it fairly clear she's goning to milk it for all it's worth.

What really pisses me off is the press and other media pundits whipping up this moral outrage about something that nobody had even noticed had happened. 10,000 people read the Daily Mail and then went online to watch the clips IN ORDER TO BE OUTRAGED by them. Twats!

And it's left me having to put up with being bombarded by images of Kelvin Fucking Mckenzie moralising about the role of the media and the need to be responsible. FFS! Like The Sun was never just a little out of line under that turd.

Gotcha! Kelvin? Hillsborough! Ringing any bells you hippocritical cunt! Was no-one offended by those front pages? Little clue the Sun's circulation in Merseyside has never recovered from the Hillsborough coverage. What about the £1m in damages you had to pay to Elton John after accusing him of shagging underage rentboys in a story you completely fabricated?

If for no other reason that you end up on the same side as that fucker people should think twice about joining in this fucking witch hunt. And Gordon Fucking Brown should have better things to do. Arsehole

Dazzza

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:31:53 »

I cannot believe this was headline news last night and as for the two people that complained to the police I’d like to meet them and laugh.

Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:48:26 »

Fuck me I find myself agreeing with lumps!

What pisses me off is the fact that mps are going to discuss this, yet they don't have the time to discuss bigger things like abortion, the right to die etc etc fucking daliy mail readers getting upset about nothing they should all be shot!

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
STFC Village

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:48:51 »

Both of them suspended now, pathetic!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7696714.stm
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:51:59 »

wimble wobble wobble wimble

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:56:54 »

I think, Batch, the (overthetop) kicking that the BBC is receiving is more related to the fact that their response has been wholly inadequate. The only reason the BBC has eventually apologised albeit grudgingly (Brands apology was followed by ‘but I still think it’s funny’ – hardly sincere) is because of the OTT ranting coverage by newspapers. Is this the only way the BBC can be held to account. Sad if it is.

No it isn't. Internally the BBC Trust will be investigating. Externally OFCOM are rightly investigating. That's the end of it in my book.

In essence it is a backlash on two 'marmite' artists who are in many peoples eyes overpaid. It is free publicity for a two bit Goth actress, the hurt caused long since gone in the rush to employ Max Clifford and sell her story to the Sun. I'm sure Sachs and said bint were upset, but the original broadcast drew 2 public complaints. Then the media were all over it, and suddenly 10,000 people took the opportunity to put the boot in.

Suspending them is an overreaction in the extreme.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 12:58:24 »

Fuck me I find myself agreeing with lumps!

What pisses me off is the fact that mps are going to discuss this, yet they don't have the time to discuss bigger things like abortion, the right to die etc etc fucking daliy mail readers getting upset about nothing they should all be shot!

I think that it is being pounced upon to highlight declining moral standards. The trouble with being a 'shock-pjock' is that its all been done before. So, to get a laugh, or notoriety, you have to be more and more shocking.

Think the point that is being made is that its not nice to leave crude messages, or pick on, a 78 year old man. Something that I tend to agree with!

If either were to do that to my father I would punch their lights out!

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:01:21 »

What pisses me off is the fact that mps are going to discuss this, yet they don't have the time to discuss bigger things like abortion, the right to die etc etc
whaaaaaat?

the brand/ross 'saga' is not going to interrupt or prevent euthanasia discussions.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:07:00 »

If the two cunts concerned had rang up my 78 year old Grandad and left abusive and obscene messages , they'd in tiny little bits in the gutter by now.

The other issue is the fact that the public are forced by law, under pain of imprisonment to fund the BBC. I'd expect them to have some morals.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
spacey

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:15:52 »

I think if my Grandad got a message of this nature, the shock would probably kill him. Fortunately he's already dead.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:20:20 »

Birch Brand and Ross, Hang the Director of Radio and burn down the BBC centre......

...and they'd be getting off lightly.

It's All Good..............
Rich Pullen

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:21:49 »

My granddad, if he was alive, would think what a pair of idiots and get on this his life because he came from an era that didn't whinge at the first opportunity.

Sachs and his family had to flee Germany because they were jewish for goodness sake, that's serious real life stuff. I doubt he's that bothered, he wants a sincere apology and that's fair enough.

Bart vs. Australia style - let's allow Sachs the opportunity of a booting.

[url width=264 height=198]http://blog.sidz.id.au/images/250px-Bartandboot.jpg[/url]
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:25:32 »

I'm annoyed that I won't get to see Sir David Attenborough on Ross' Friday show.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:27:12 »

I'm annoyed that I won't get to see Sir David Attenborough on Ross' Friday show.

Probably could do without seeing The achey-breaky heart blokes daughter and The Killers though.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 13:27:24 »

I can't be bothered to go through the internet and the tabloids, can someone briefly explain what Mr Brand and Mr Ross said about Sach's grand daughter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: