Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jonathan Ross  (Read 22482 times)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 09:01:49 »

I dont know why when we have a recession the government need to get involved!

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 10:09:36 »

I think the whole thing is hilarious
Barry Scott

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 10:11:45 »

FFS utterly ridiculous. Sachs gets offended, Ross and Brand apologise, BBC apologise and OFCOM check broadcasting guidelines for breaches. That's all fair enough.

But it's all gone mental now. Why? Completely stupid overreaction and the likes of the Daily Mail and their window licker readers don't help.

My thoughts exactly.

[rant]It's because our country is full of stupid, fuck-all-else-to-do cunts. This nothing incident, that Brand and Ross have started, perfectly sums up how pathetic this country is becoming. It's not Mail readers, it's not Tories, that's far too much of a tabloid gereralisation. It's every man and his dog, wife, neighbours and their dogs. It's simply busybodies, whose lives are in the descendancy, making their own little boredom fillers.

I despair and i find it embarrassing and frustrating how 10,000 people have so little to do apart from choose to be offended by shit which means fuck all on the scale of things.[/rant]
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 10:13:31 »

Daily Mail backpage news yesterday - Barton is back.

I mean who gives a fuck?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 10:20:08 »

One of the things alot of Brits pride themselves on being is a bit more relaxed (for want of a better word more liberal) and less OTT in comparison to those across the pond for example. We're always first to bemoan and laugh at the Americans when this sort of thing happens over there.

Brand & Woss were dickheads but no different to their usual escapades nor extreme enough to warrant such a reaction. If this was a message directed at clearly ill old man such as Norman Wisdom then fair enough sack them and shame on them - but it wasn't and just because Sachs in 78 doesn't actually mean he's going to keel over because of this.

It's a sad state of affairs really therefore just like the Yanks I'm going to sue all parties for something I'm not quite sure of yet.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 10:21:44 by Rich Pullen » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 10:22:38 »

Shall we start a "call Ofcom and let them know that you don't give a shit about this Brand, Ross, Sachs situation" campaign?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 10:33:15 »

FFS utterly ridiculous. Sachs gets offended, Ross and Brand apologise, BBC apologise and OFCOM check broadcasting guidelines for breaches. That's all fair enough.

But it's all gone mental now. Why? Completely stupid overreaction and the likes of the Daily Mail and their window licker readers don't help.

I think, Batch, the (overthetop) kicking that the BBC is receiving is more related to the fact that their response has been wholly inadequate. The only reason the BBC has eventually apologised albeit grudgingly (Brands apology was followed by ‘but I still think it’s funny’ – hardly sincere) is because of the OTT ranting coverage by newspapers. Is this the only way the BBC can be held to account. Sad if it is.

Let’s not forget that they left insulting, unsolicited, illegal messages on the answer phone of Mr. Sachs, who is among other things, a 78 year old pensioner, apparently as revenge for him not being prepared to be interviewed by them.

Any other employer would have both of them up before a disciplinary board with a view to sacking them or suspending them at the very least.

A commercial company would have dealt with this promptly and it would have all blown over within 24 hours, but the BBC has been dragging it’s heels, pretending not to notice, probably with the view of; ‘so what it’s not like anyone can cancel their license fee is it?’

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
sonic youth

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:00:30 »

I dont know why when we have a recession the government need to get involved!
did you not read paul's post?

the journo's kept asking for brown's comment, it's not as though he held a press conference about it
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:12:09 »

I blame Robert Peston. If his financial reports were more interesting (with better graphics than those crappy cogs), it and his on-going mental-breakdown would still be lead story and we wouldn't have to live through still tea-cup filling shitstorm.
fatbury

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:45:09 »

with all that is going on with the world I cant believe that Gordon Brown has issued a statement on it .. good god ....
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:46:27 »

with all that is going on with the world I cant believe that Gordon Brown has issued a statement on it .. good god ....

are you taking the piss?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:47:55 »

Ross should get brand on his show on friday and do it again.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:48:25 »

andrew sachs' granddaughter is FIT.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:53:53 »

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=2&forumID=5560&edition=1&ttl=20081029115056&#paginator

Check out the level of bile on here. it would actually be quite funny if it wasnt so sad.

brilliant how people can get so upset about this when there people dying of war and famine in the world. tossers.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 11:55:19 »

Ross should get brand on his show on friday and do it again.

Ha ha that'd be ace!  They've both been suspended by the Beeb now!  Flippin heck get a grip people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: