Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scot Cuthbert  (Read 7158 times)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:19:51 »

i was told paynter was offered 6 grand a week to stay here.leeds are supposedly paying him 8 grand
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:24:43 »

If that's true Arriba then that's more than i would have gone to and i'm i was a big fan of Billy (even before he scored all those goals last season). No-one can accuse the board of lacking ambition.

While we can still compete with teams like Leeds on the pitch (6-0 on aggregate etc) we are unfortunately kidding ourselves if we think we can compete with them off it. Saying that i'm glad we tried.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:38:00 »

BP was offered a deal which would have made him the highest player at the club.

Not last july he wasnt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:39:27 »

Not last july he wasnt.

With hindsight it probably would have been a good idea to offer him that contract last July. Who was to know that he would have the best season of his career?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:44:10 »

Exactly. Should we have made him our highest paid player last July Dave?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:45:26 »

the club were perfectly reasonable with paynter.he stalled and got the bigger move he obviously wanted
Doore

« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:47:16 »

the club were perfectly reasonable with paynter.he stalled and got the bigger move he obviously wanted

Exactly right.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:50:28 »

With hindsight it probably would have been a good idea to offer him that contract last July. Who was to know that he would have the best season of his career?

Whilst I wasnt expect 29 goals admittedly, 20 was hardly out of the question 14 and 16 over the last two seasons. No penalties. Plus he'd had two decent seasons for us. I would have offered him a contract last july and I said that at the time.

Exactly. Should we have made him our highest paid player last July Dave?

No, we should have offered him a new deal last July. Off, of the back of a decent season with 16 goals I doubt he would have been demanding as much as he ultimately did. When we did eventually offer him something in October (?) he had been playing very well up to then and thus had a bit more power/leverage to negotiate as he'd scored alot of goals and had some interest from other clubs.
dell boy

« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:52:55 »

Paynter left because he wanted Championship football we unfortunately couldn't give him that, so good luck to him.

Cuthbert, I thought was a brilliant buy at the beginning of the season, but his form did tail off a bit near the end.

I've heard quotes on here of 450K for Greer, now 1.8m for Cuthbert, if that sort of money is being offered Swindon Town will not hesitate, come on lets be realistic. That would be a huge profit margin for what we paid for him in one season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 11:57:11 »

It would also make our team alot shitter, piss fans off, lead us to have a worse season, less ticket sales, less time on tv, players less likely to come here.
Spencer_White

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 12:17:54 »

No, we should have offered him a new deal last July. Off, of the back of a decent season with 16 goals I doubt he would have been demanding as much as he ultimately did. When we did eventually offer him something in October (?) he had been playing very well up to then and thus had a bit more power/leverage to negotiate as he'd scored alot of goals and had some interest from other clubs.

I think we offered him a deal in January.

Before Austin arrived I dont think many clubs in League 1 would have offered him a deal. He missed an open goal and a penalty at Walsall and was dropped. Dropped in favour of Revell and Hutchinson!

Yes he did very well over the season as a whole. But he has stepped up his game massively second half of this season to get this contract in my opinion.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 13:14:31 »

Perhaps Painter is the type of player that needs an incentive to really up his game, like some players so, and his incentive was he was out of contract the following season so was playing for either a move elsewhere or a new contract and it has obviously paid of for him
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 13:16:27 »

Perhaps Painter is the type of player that needs an incentive to really up his game, like some players so, and his incentive was he was out of contract the following season so was playing for either a move elsewhere or a new contract and it has obviously paid of for him

Grantsmithitis. A terrible disease.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 13:19:29 »

When asked about Lee Peltier being linked with QPR, Huddersfield's manager Lee Clark came out with:

“If anyone wants to ask about Lee, we’d start talking at £3m plus add-ons, but even then, we’re not interested in selling.”

I'd like to see a similar statement from someone at the club if they're asked about Cuthbert. Then offer him a contract extension.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 5, 2010, 13:21:12 »

£3m for Lee Peltier??

Yeah ok then
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: