Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Power: 'Time for team building'  (Read 2782 times)
News Monkey

« on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 07:00:02 »

Power: 'Time for team building'

MONEY is available and a centre-half and striker have been put at the top of Lee Power’s wanted list after the Swindon Town chief set out his vision for the club yesterday.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11313061.Power___Time_for_team_building_/?ref=rss

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 07:04:03 »

Interesting he states that Williams is back, looks like his injury has healed a lot lot quicker than first expected, the Yeovil physio told me he would be out for over a year with that sort of op.

Could be like a new signing if he gets his fitness back, he had one half a season where he was brilliant but he got injured and never looked like the same player after that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 07:22:29 »

He could do a job out wide I reckon, we're short on wingers.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 08:02:10 »

He's got a year left on his contract hasn't he? I'd like to see him in the team, if nothing else he's a better option than Barker...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 08:04:42 »

If we're going to play the same system, then the winger option would be better, as he isn't suited to lone striker from what I saw of him in that position. Be Interesting to see if he's kept his pace after this long out as well.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 08:04:49 »

Before his injury he was good but his scoring record was poor. Coming back from injury he was not only poor but his attitide stank. Going to ground quicker than Robben, being caught offside and giving very little effort - basically going through the motions. In the Brentford play off game his effort was disgusting.
I'd be a darn sight happier to keep Miles and ship Williams off to Pompey.  
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 08:11:32 »

He had this awful habit of trying to break from a through ball without actually looking to see if it was coming to him (which it invariably didn't), and then the same thing would happen - he'd slouch his shoulders, look annoyed, and then dawdle back onside.

The player we had at the start of the season though could have pissed the league if half his shots had gone in - I've never heard the woodwork ring so regularly throughout games and he was massively unlucky not to score a brace in nearly every game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 11:08:23 »

'There are one or two on too much money for Swindon'

I assume that's:
- Fodderingham
- Williams
- Ward

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 11:09:49 »

'There are one or two on too much money for Swindon'

I assume that's:
- Fodderingham
- Williams
- Ward

I think Wes can justify his high salary, the other 2 cannot.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 11:37:50 »

I'm sure that Wes and Ward had their contracts extended by the new regime.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 11:56:57 »

He had this awful habit of trying to break from a through ball without actually looking to see if it was coming to him (which it invariably didn't), and then the same thing would happen - he'd slouch his shoulders, look annoyed, and then dawdle back onside.

The player we had at the start of the season though could have pissed the league if half his shots had gone in - I've never heard the woodwork ring so regularly throughout games and he was massively unlucky not to score a brace in nearly every game.

If we got that Williams back then I'd be over the moon. He looked a cut above, and as you said he was so unlucky with the amount of times he'd hit the upright or the opposition keeper would have a worldy.

I think we're more likely to get the Williams from the 2nd half of that season back unfortunately.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 12:14:08 »

He's got a year left on his contract hasn't he? I'd like to see him in the team, if nothing else he's a better option than Barker...

you are a better option than barker.....unpack your boots!

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 12:47:59 »

It's a shame about Troy. Would have been great to keep him, but hard to be too critical of not offering him what he wanted.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 13:04:02 »

I would be hopeful Stephens would come back on loan for the season along with a permanent CB signing to replace Troy. I'd expect Ward to be a bit part player this season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 15:46:00 »

you are a better option than barker.....unpack your boots!

Cheers boss, I promise I'll give 110%.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: