Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Swindon develop new stadium plans  (Read 3976 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 19:34:43 »

I reckon you are pretty near with that Gazza.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 19:35:08 »

I've heard from several sources that there is a un-used second concourse hidden within the Don Rogers Stand.

In fact sometimes at half time I study the infrastructure to try and establish whether this could possibly be true or not, and I can confirm that I think it is entirely possible.

If the Don Rogers Stand is to remain in place, and let's face it even 15+ years old as it is now it remains one of the best stands in the league, then I hope the board exploit this extra revenue option.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 19:38:58 »

Im probably miles behind the times here but are they talking about redevoloping it with the Council still having ownership  or is there some plan for the club to gain ownership/part ownership of the land?

As for any plans I hate to say it but I can see Fitton and co going for souless cheapness with plenty of scope to entertain  Corperates with little regard for tradition and atmosphere.

/
W56196272
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 19:42:14 »

I've heard from several sources that there is a un-used second concourse hidden within the Don Rogers Stand.

In fact sometimes at half time I study the infrastructure to try and establish whether this could possibly be true or not, and I can confirm that I think it is entirely possible.

If the Don Rogers Stand is to remain in place, and let's face it even 15+ years old as it is now it remains one of the best stands in the league, then I hope the board exploit this extra revenue option.

Fitton's said that before.
nochee

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 20:40:46 »

Can you explain that please? I dont quite get it.  Embarrassed
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 21:27:09 »

Im probably miles behind the times here but are they talking about redevoloping it with the Council still having ownership  or is there some plan for the club to gain ownership/part ownership of the land?
Fitton was asked that last night and wouldn't be drawn on it. All options open I guess, but the club don't need to own all the land, just enough to have security of tenure or a several centuries freehold on the footprint of the stadium then own the buildings on top would do it.
Talk Talk

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 21:37:06 »

I am sure that SBC would love to have the freehold for the CG bought back by the club.

It would mean a kick start to the town centre redevelopment. The council could build their new HQ on the former police station site and remove one set of hoardings.  Roll Eyes
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 03:55:27 »

A
Can you explain that please? I dont quite get it.  Embarrassed
AF said after the takeover that apparently the DR stand was built with the ability to put Exec boxes in it. It never actually happened, but could still be done. How god only knows but that's whta was said

From the Dark Side
nochee

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, October 22, 2009, 15:54:58 »

AAF said after the takeover that apparently the DR stand was built with the ability to put Exec boxes in it. It never actually happened, but could still be done. How god only knows but that's whta was said

Gotcha  Yes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: