Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roundabout question  (Read 2241 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 16:52:11 »

Hi, this is incredibly tedious but it bugs me and I’m starting to wonder if Im in the wrong

Every weekday I have to go up summers street coming from great western way, around Bruce street bridges.

About halfway round is a set of traffic lights. Roughly where I’ve begun marking the image below

The middle lane arrow points straight ahead (as does the left hand lane). The right hand arrow points right

It’s my understanding therefore that the left and middle lanes are BOTH going straight ahead. The right hand lane is going right

About 50% of the time somebody from that middle lane takes the right hand exit, into the lane im going into to exit the roundabout. It happens so frequently im questioning whether im in the wrong.

Image below to illustrate, I’m sure plenty have used this piece of road. I apologise for how boring this is

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 16:59:43 »

Left hand lane straight ahead
Middle straight ahead
Right turn right

You are correct
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 17:00:23 »

Should be in the left hand lane just after great western way
 Road markings show that. Awful roundabout. Get cut up so many times from people going to the outlet from B&Q way

Talking of roundabouts. How many cunts do a U-turn on a mini roundabout when it clearly states in the highway code that you shouldn't!
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 20:47:27 by Sippo » Logged

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 17:10:15 »

Vindication.

Yes sippo, the red lane (to my mind) is the one that goes into the left lane after GWW to exit the roundabout. It’s that point where you will regularly get cut off from someone in the middle (yellow) lane

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 17:10:24 »

Preferred the old Bruce street roundabouts never any discrepancies then.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 17:10:45 »

Don’t get me started on the routes people take across the magic roundabout

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 17:32:27 »

I quite often go the long way round on magic roundabout to get ahead of a 25mph slowcoach on Drove Road heading towards County Road exit.
That is on a Sunday morning though, probably wouldn't get away with it any other time.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 19:14:33 »

I just make sure I'm going faster than everyone else.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 3, 2024, 20:49:21 »

Magic roundabout. From Drove road towards Burger King. Always go the long way around. Each roundabout has three lanes. Not difficult. 1 goes left, two go straight on/right.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 01:12:47 »

My favourite way to cross the magic roundabout was always slightly pissed up on match day, straight across the middle. On foot obvs. I'm not a monster. But it always felt fun.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 10:49:48 »

Frogger
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 12:07:55 »

When I'm feeling particularly saucy I'll do the old turn right to turn left trick on a roundabout, normally when there's a fuck off queue for turning left and nothing turning right. Anyone else?

Main culprit for this used to be the air balloon on the A417 outside Cheltenham. I'm not proud of it but every now and then would save me an important wedge of time trying to get to the M5.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 14:40:48 »

When I'm feeling particularly saucy I'll do the old turn right to turn left trick on a roundabout, normally when there's a fuck off queue for turning left and nothing turning right. Anyone else?

Main culprit for this used to be the air balloon on the A417 outside Cheltenham. I'm not proud of it but every now and then would save me an important wedge of time trying to get to the M5.

Yeah I do this from time to time, from Old Town toward Marlborough Road for example, get in the right hand lane, go round the roundabout and cut out all the traffic in the left lane.

Same at Transfer Bridges if i'm heading left past McDonalds.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 16:07:36 »

That was always a good trick going left onto great western way at north star

Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 16:33:57 »

My favourite way to cross the magic roundabout was always slightly pissed up on match day, straight across the middle. On foot obvs. I'm not a monster. But it always felt fun.
We also used to do that. If you had broke your stride to avoid traffic, it was going to be a bad result.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: