Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Southampton  (Read 10666 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 17:53:52 »

Hopefully the big crowd bring out the best in the likes of Lucas and Douglas. There is nothing like having all four stands open for atmosphere IMO, i think we are the only team who keeps a stand shut in the football league now for league matches (not researched)?.

Southampton have kept the corners of their ground closed for the last few seasons. I'm sure some other clubs with big grounds and small attendances do the same to keep costs down.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 17:58:26 »

A lot of Southampton fans in Wiltshire so it's not surprising, hopefully we'll give as good as we've got vocally.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:32:12 »

There will be plenty of away fans in the home ends.

My advice to all Swindon fans is to go in tooled up just in case you have to get your hands dirty.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:37:04 »

That was a joke by the way.

There will only be a handful of Saints in there.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:39:17 »

A night match against a team like Southampton is just what we need. It's exciting, they'll be a good away following and quite a few non-regulars will go. Fingers crossed we can put on a good performace.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 18:57:38 »

There will be plenty of away fans in the home ends.

My advice to all Swindon fans is to go in tooled up just in case you have to get your hands dirty.

bring them on.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:03:08 »

Southampton have kept the corners of their ground closed for the last few seasons. I'm sure some other clubs with big grounds and small attendances do the same to keep costs down.

Yeah thats true but they still have support be it home or away from four sides of the ground which creates a much better atmosphere, i would much prefer it if we had the stratton bank as the main away end, if it rains fuck 'em! Would give us something extra to sing about, can't beat abit of "1-0 and your getting wet". Stockport used to have one end closed but they always have it open now for away fans.

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:05:19 »

Hopefully the big crowd bring out the best in the likes of Lucas and Douglas. There is nothing like having all four stands open for atmosphere IMO, i think we are the only team who keeps a stand shut in the football league now for league matches (not researched)?.

Darlington close two. Not even allowed to have attendances of over half the capacity. Their safety certificate is 12,000.

Carlisle very rarely open the open stand behind the western goal.

Bournemouth have a simmilar situation with the temporary open stand.

Im not 100% sure, but I think Bradford had closed the stand to our right the last time I went there in 2006.

But I agree, it's not good. The question of what to do with the bank has consistantly been a problem since we were relegated in 2000. Makes a mockery of people who say we should build a bigger ground.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:06:57 »

My dad and brother are both Southampton fans and will be sat with me, so that's two. Though to be fair my dad has a Swindon season ticket and my brother goes to more Swindon games nowadays. So technically I reckon they're more Swindon fans now but are just too embarrassed to admit it.

Not sure which end we'll be sitting in at Southampton for the return game. I doubt they'd sell us tickets in the home end, though we should all be on their database as we were members and went to half a dozen games a season up until a couple of years ago.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:10:15 »

Darlington close two. Not even allowed to have attendances of over half the capacity. Their safety certificate is 12,000.

Carlisle very rarely open the open stand behind the western goal.

Bournemouth have a simmilar situation with the temporary open stand.

Im not 100% sure, but I think Bradford had closed the stand to our right the last time I went there in 2006.

But I agree, it's not good. The question of what to do with the bank has consistantly been a problem since we were relegated in 2000. Makes a mockery of people who say we should build a bigger ground.

If the home owners in shrivvy road didn't kick off about us building a roof on it and planning was granted, stick a roof on it and it would be a decent home end once again, i remeber standing in there a few times when i was young and loved it.
As for Darlo forgot about them, how on earth did they get planning permission for a massive concrete block that is never fully used, goes to show though that a big new ground isn't everything.

« Last Edit: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:12:04 by penhill red » Logged

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Lash_sumthin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:13:40 »

FIFA 10 on show too niiiice
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:15:20 »

i remeber standing in there a few times when i was young and loved it.

You've obviously never stood there when its been cold. I have come close to freezing to death a number of times there over the years, they were even giving out free soup at one game due to it being so fucking cold.

Isn't there a health & safety issue with opening it when its cold? Or have I made that up?
flammableBen

« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:15:24 »

FIFA 17
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:21:39 »

Isn't there a health & safety issue with opening it when its cold? Or have I made that up?
I'm pretty sure you've made it up - it's called "being outside". Wear a coat
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:24:47 »

I'm pretty sure you've made it up - it's called "being outside". Wear a coat

You can't have stood there when its real cold either, even Scott would have said "fuck that for a game of soldiers".

Both of my testicles receded one night and it was months before I could coax them back out again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: