Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80494 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 20:57:31 »

Quite. Works out a 3rd less pension accrual for a 6% pay-cut. I can opt out, but then I'll have no pension provision.

That's a kick in the nuts right enough. The only 'consolation' is that it's not a 6% cut, as you'll get tax relief, so it'll be 'only' 4.7%(ish) net cut, or 3.6% if you're a higher rate payer. Best I can do I'm afraid, but it's best to stay opted in as the employer is also paying in.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Monday, October 26, 2009, 21:04:04 »

Hey you guys,...wonder if you can help me...got an old school pension that i dont pay into any more....but my employee still pays NI every year towards it.....they dont do this kind of pension anymore but are honouring the ones taking out...could be fairly lucrative when and if i reach retirement.....i keep getting letters asking if i want to opt out....got abit of advice on it and was told to stay put........can you tell me anything i should know that may help.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #677 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 17:09:27 »

Finally passed all those bastard fucking exams, surprised and ecstatic all the same. Time to dig my heels in at work and politely tell them to fuck off when they plan the next 6 month secondment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 17:37:58 »

64 hours last week. 72 hours next. £££
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 17:41:23 »

Finally passed all those bastard fucking exams, surprised and ecstatic all the same.
Nice one Si, congratulations
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 18:08:39 »

Finally passed all those bastard fucking exams, surprised and ecstatic all the same. Time to dig my heels in at work and politely tell them to fuck off when they plan the next 6 month secondment.

Congrats Sie....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 18:30:11 »

Nice one Si
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Friday, December 11, 2009, 18:33:16 »

I remember passing my accountancy exams (a while ago now)...and remember feeling the weight lift off my shoulders.  I trust you'll be getting well & truly wasted this evening (Mrs Si permitting).
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 08:42:54 »

Well................. The place I work has been restructured, to be effective 4th Jan. Every level has been told what their new areas and responsibilities are, except mine.

I phone my line managers line manager, as my boss knew fuck all, and was told my position was still under review, but that we would be informed before the end of the year.

Ominous..............

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 09:46:31 »

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Herthab.
Sussex

« Reply #685 on: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 09:56:03 »

What Batch said, Herthab.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #686 on: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 12:04:44 »

I know we spoke in the pub but good luck Hertha
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #687 on: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 12:12:15 »

Fingers crossed Hertha.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 20:01:12 »

Well................. The place I work has been restructured, to be effective 4th Jan. Every level has been told what their new areas and responsibilities are, except mine.

I phone my line managers line manager, as my boss knew fuck all, and was told my position was still under review, but that we would be informed before the end of the year.

Ominous..............
Shit, best of luck hertha. My missus is waiting to find out if she's getting a pay cut or not. Her employer has said that just under 50% of employees will be having their pay "adjusted", but not said who or what the criteria is. To add to the classy way they're handling it, her manager will be told before Christmas but isn't allowed to tell the missus till the New Year. Nice.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Monday, December 14, 2009, 09:33:55 »

Hey you guys,...wonder if you can help me...got an old school pension that i dont pay into any more....but my employee still pays NI every year towards it.....they dont do this kind of pension anymore but are honouring the ones taking out...could be fairly lucrative when and if i reach retirement.....i keep getting letters asking if i want to opt out....got abit of advice on it and was told to stay put........can you tell me anything i should know that may help.

Sounds like this NI money going into a Private Pension rather than SERP's. Not sure if it's still the case, but it used to be more worthwhile the younger you are. (the fund needs time to grow). The cross over point used to be when you reached your 40's.
Essentially you are moving the money from the government top up to the state poension to a private scheme.

From the Dark Side
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: