Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is The Recession Affecting You?  (Read 80519 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 13:16:39 »

Cheers Batchy!!

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #631 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 18:02:35 »

Well done Flash. Here's a cheerier announcement too:

Confidence among business professionals has moved into positive territory for the first time in two years, providing further evidence of an improving UK economy. The latest ICAEW UK Business Confidence Monitor (BCM) shows a record rise in confidence from -28.2 to +4.8, the highest since Q3, 2007. Based on this, the ICAEW predicts that GDP will rise 0.5% this quarter.

This quarter’s change is the largest quarterly improvement seen since BCM began. This cautious optimism is underpinned by expected rises over the next 12 months in 13 out of the 14 financial performance indicators detailed within the BCM. This is in contrast to the picture earlier in the year when the majority were expected to contract.

Michael Izza, Chief Executive of the ICAEW, said:

“This quarter’s BCM suggests that the UK recession is at an end. While there is no doubt that the UK economy is on its way to recovery, we shouldn’t underestimate the challenges ahead for businesses. Businesses have taken the right actions to mitigate the impact of the downturn and are playing their part in an improving economy. Policies such as quantitative easing, the fall in interest rates and the VAT reduction have all helped improve business confidence. However, the recovery is very fragile and I would urge policy makers not to take any actions that could derail it.”

When asked, 41% of senior business professionals were more confident about economic prospects facing their business in the next year. However only 6% were much more confident, indicating that caution remains about the strength and timing of the recovery.

The monitor revealed that businesses have looked to cut costs where they can, including a reduction in the number of employees (-2.9%). Although this is the biggest ever drop, firms do not expect to make further redundancies in the next year. Staff development (-1.5%) and capital investment (-1.4%) have also been cut and stock levels continue to be closely managed. Over a quarter (26%) in the Manufacturing, Construction and Transport sectors have stocks of raw materials and components below normal levels.

IT is the most confident sector (+18.5%), followed by Banking, Finance and Insurance (+15.9%) and Property (+11.7), compared to the UK average of +4.8. The Banking sector in particular has shown a remarkable upturn given the turmoil of the last two years. Confidence has also returned to the Property sector, a reaction to the more positive signs in the housing market. The least confident sector is Health and Education (-12.2%) which is finally facing the realisation of expected cuts in the public sector.

Across the country, business confidence rose across all regions for the second consecutive quarter. Wales is the most confident with an Index of +16.9, followed by Scotland at +15.9. Northern England is most positive of the English regions having seen a rise of over 50 points. London and South East are the most cautious (-1.1 and -0.6 respectively), reflecting a net balance of businesses who were wary about economic prospects.

Michael Izza concludes:

“Although positive growth in the autumn seems more likely, there are concerns about the strength of the recovery. Salaries are expected to remain squeezed and with no planned recruitment there is still an air of nervousness among UK businesses. Confidence is up but those in Manufacturing and Engineering, as well as large businesses, remain cynical about their prospects for the future. Both are crucial to the UK economy and the signs are that the next twelve months are very much about building for the recovery.”

For further information please go to www.icaew.com/bcm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Thursday, August 27, 2009, 21:53:51 »

Been to three matches not seen us win and not seen us score yet...BUT....just jumped around the living room as if i was at Brum V Swindon in the early nineties.

The Flash has managed to get the job.....a goodun an all!!! Contract through today!

Start on the 7th Sept...

Get in there!!!

Dont lose hope people!!!

Well done Flashy, does it include Saturdays?  Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Friday, August 28, 2009, 11:48:13 »

Well done Flashy, does it include Saturdays?  Smiley

Doe it fuck!!

Last Saturday i worked was in late 80's Meat Department Safeway Warminster....

Cheers!

Clems Army!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Friday, August 28, 2009, 18:38:55 »

Apologies Flash I'll try again........Does it include Saturdays (Matchdays)?  Cheesy

Been to three matches not seen us win and not seen us score yet.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 08:59:08 »

Apologies Flash I'll try again........Does it include Saturdays (Matchdays)?  Cheesy

Aaaaggggghhhhh - i see!!!

No

Pikeys - Attended with old man.....wish i had'nt!...
MK Dongs - Holiday - Eurodiz
MK Dongs - Attended
Saints - Holiday - Cornwall
Oldham - Holiday - Cornwall
Wolves - Attended - Great Night

Southend.....See you there!

Clems Army!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 09:22:00 »

Aaaaggggghhhhh - i see!!!

No

Pikeys - Attended with old man.....wish i had'nt!...
Franchise Dongs - Holiday - Eurodiz
Franchise Dongs - Attended
Saints - Holiday - Cornwall
Oldham - Holiday - Cornwall
Wolves - Attended - Great Night

Southend.....See you there!

Doh This is going to be 0-0......you haven't seen Town score, I haven't seen them concede (2 games) and we are both attending today.  Sad
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 09:43:28 »

My Nephew called me a jinx on Tuesday night when i recounted the above....

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 20:37:59 »

I got asked today how I would feel about a permanent transfer to Cardiff if a position became available. Apparently this would be 'an amazing opportunity'.

The woman from HR later admitted the Swindon office will be making redundancies in January. I'm not surprised by this plan, but am very surprised she told me that. It at lest confirms my suspicions of the situation and gives me enough time to look for a job elsewhere.
dell boy

« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 21:48:27 »

I got asked today how I would feel about a permanent transfer to Cardiff if a position became available. Apparently this would be 'an amazing opportunity'.

The woman from HR later admitted the Swindon office will be making redundancies in January. I'm not surprised by this plan, but am very surprised she told me that. It at lest confirms my suspicions of the situation and gives me enough time to look for a job elsewhere.

How long have you been with your present company?
If you have been there a while, then dont lose out on a pay day.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 22:17:38 »

In January it will be 3.5 years so I'll get 3 weeks statutory pay if I was one of those made redundant (by my reckoning anyway). At the moment I'm quite apethetic about it (that sounds a bit silly) but the reason being I've been expecting this for most of the year now and I've thus far predicted every move of my employer so I'm not surprised. My only worry is that they offer me a job in Cardiff and if I turn it down they say I've unreasonably turned alternative employment down. At the risk of facing a tribunal I can't see them refusing redundancy pay.

The Cardiff team seem to be going out of their way to keep me sweet however, so I'm going to enjoy all the benefits whilst it lasts. The potential doom is a long way off yet anyway.
Talk Talk

« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 22:42:40 »

The Cardiff team seem to be going out of their way to keep me sweet however, so I'm going to enjoy all the benefits whilst it lasts. The potential doom is a long way off yet anyway.

Just keep wearing the mint sauce aftershave eh, Si?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Friday, September 11, 2009, 07:41:34 »

I've been asked if I would be interested in a job in reading. £10k more than I'm on now. Is that worth the extra commute? How long do you think it would take me from Swindon?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Friday, September 11, 2009, 07:44:59 »

45 mins tops mate, mind you all depends on the time you leave.

Can get a bit nasty around J12/J11
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Friday, September 11, 2009, 08:01:00 »

If I left at 7 would that make a difference?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to: